Rome II: Total War

Users who are viewing this thread

Could it be? I have been waiting for a long time. I hope it indeed is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479598&nojs=1

You tell me.

Update: It's offical now

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/02/total-war-rome-2-preview/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/02/total-war-rome-2-interview/

Edit: Changed the bloody name cause people can't seem to find this thread and keep starting new ones.  :mad:

Thanks to DarkGift

DarkGift said:
New Screenshots, quality isn't that good because they were scanned.

zZY9g.jpg
srCEk.jpg
yIQVy.jpg
CpY6T.jpg

Some Features
  • Each unit has its own facial animations, and leaders bark out a stream of orders throughout each confrontation.
  • The game can now combine naval and land battles into the same conflict, including naval invasions: in this demo a Roman ship lands on the coast of Carthage.
  • The unit camera has been designed so the game feels like it's "almost Saving Private Ryan at the beaches".
  • Units react to things, such as their colleagues being slaughtered - the idea is that these aren't identical clone armies anymore.
  • Rome II is going big - it's bigger than Rome 1 in geographical scale.
  • The bigger campaign map has "hundreds" of regions to move your units around, but the game buckets them into provinces to make management easier. The idea is to have you thinking about armies and legions rather than fiddling around with individual units.
  • Ultimately, the game will allow you to decide whether to favour the republic or become Rome's dictator.
  • The game's cameras have been redesigned. You can now lock the camera to single units. In this mode it functions like a sort of documentary cam, shaking while the unit walks – it's "a soldier's eye view" according to Creative Assembly.
  • As you rise through the ranks, your success will attract less-than-favourable responses from some of your friends. You will almost definitely get betrayed. There's "more human-level drama on the campaign map" in Rome II.
  • Factions:
    [list type=decimal]
  • internal conflicts within a faction
  • more tribes of the same culture group
  • different tech trees for different cultures
  • dynamic storytelling with dilemma system, chain dilemmas, rpg elements
[/list]

Someone who has been at Rezzed said there will be no videos of the game now as it is in alpha. And not even cameras were allowed.
Things that he saw.

• First of all the campaign map, apparently their stretching reallly far east. I'm guessing right into Persia and possibly further.
  • Generals and decision making. Generals' decisions on the campaign map and battlefield have what he described as "emotional decision". For example, Caesar and Cleopatra certain decision will be harder to make based on the relationship between the two characters.
  • Siege warfare. There was a video of a normandy style beach landing into a city. I guess it was Carthage.
  • He saw a close-up of the combat and he said the soldiers fight like actual romans. For those who don't know what that means, tight formation, after a period of time the front ranks will switch on a centurions command, just like the opening to the first episode of HBO's Rome.
  • They said they're planning something really really big for multiplayer and they haven't told anyone what it is and it looks like they won't for a long time but it gives us something to look forward to.

Links
Total War Rome 2 Latest Information - News Update 2 - Rezzed Info - Video filled with good information seen at Rezzed.
Total War: Rome 2 will deliver "a darker vision of war"
Rezzed 2012: Rome 2 Combat “More Brutal, More Visceral”

More to come.

Not a surprise in any way, shape or form seeing how RTW2 always wins the polls (that I have seen) for "which total war game do you want to see next" and its past time for it to be remade. Sadly any do on the level of EB (ie actually making it great and amazing) will be years away :sad:

Not able to be modified. Empire and Napoleon were moddable, but restricted, for a while and it was only some months ago (I forget exactly when) CA finally ****ing released more control to the modders.

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
the AI could really be improved though.
I have a hard time going back to medieval 2 and even EB for RTW after the improvements to regions since Empire. I never really liked 1 city regions that much.

Back
Top Bottom