Poll

Snowy Village versus the remake.

I like both.
15 (22.1%)
Snowy Village sucked, I might like this one.
37 (54.4%)
The remake sucks, the original Snowy Village is good. [Post criticism on the thread please]
9 (13.2%)
Both suck.
7 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Arch3rs Snowy Village remake.  (Read 6246 times)

Arch3r

• Count
  • >:I
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: CoR_Arch3r
  • M&BWBNW
Re: Arch3rs Snowy Village remake.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Any opinions on maps that could also be remade? I'm think of minor changes to Village and Port Assault. Mostly just changing where flags spawn on Port Assault (and maybe the spawns) and changing the spawn locations on Village.
Also Ruined Fort perhaps.

Slenderpeasants,
the evil minions of the Bonerlords

Lt

• Sergeant at Arms
    • Steam - korpi_lt
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Lt
  • WBNWWF&SVCM&B
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
This map looks way better than the original one. I'd like to have this in ENL more than the original^^
FINLAND IS WINLAND ~ Ajokoira
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
-Frank Sinatra

sotamursu123

• On probation
  • Why so serious? :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: osTnT_cns_SotaMursu
  • WBNW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
Personally I like the original snowy village, its one of the few open maps where you can use aggressive tactics successfully.

You should have seen TnT's training and official matches... just ask LCDH or some other clan who have fought us quite recently on open maps. The only map TnT finds aggressive tactics hard is snowy village. Because it's so damn slow to attack anywhere due to map being really big... Anyways, i hate snowy village's flag camping (either we lose or camp flags, lol xD).

YES for remaking Ruined Fort. It sucks, when it's a battle. It's good for dm/tdm though...

Any opinions on maps that could also be remade? I'm think of minor changes to Village and Port Assault. Mostly just changing where flags spawn on Port Assault (and maybe the spawns) and changing the spawn locations on Village.

I think Port Assault only needs the flag positions changed. The ship flag is simply annoying, makes some clans just camp at their SPAWN. Which is really boring... I always liked how Port Assault has that Defender-Attacker thing going on. Maybe switch the ship flag to the beach? (or then switch the spawns...)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:04:43 AM by sotamursu123 »

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »

YES for remaking Ruined Fort. It sucks, when it's a battle. It's good for dm/tdm though...
Glad someone agrees :P

I think Port Assault only needs the flag positions changed. The ship flag is simply annoying, makes some clans just camp at their SPAWN. Which is really boring... I always liked how Port Assault has that Defender-Attacker thing going on. Maybe switch the ship flag to the beach? (or then switch the spawns...)
Well, the flags would actually be fine if the attacker-spawn changed to the wall area (the unused area with the ladder and trebuchets, you probably know it). It would give the attackers less of a **** up position and both teams would be able to reach the boat at the same time, but that would be bad because going for just one flag while the town itself has 2 (and is no longer hard to assault as both teams start in/more near it). I wouldn't even have to touch anything else than the attacker spawnpoint.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:10:02 AM by Arch3r »

Slenderpeasants,

John7

• Level 11 Moron
  • Duke
  • Integrity in the face of adversity
    • Steam - KoAJohn
    • Twitter - JohnWarband
    • YouTube - UCM7r2KlnIElgJhHB5D2dr-w
    • View Profile
    • KoA forums
  • MP nick: KoA_John
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »
At a glance from screenies it looks like a very small map

But I cant say for sure
When Taco king becomes the ruler of this world, we will make this planet a better place. Surrender to our army, there will be peace if you serve us, let Taco king lead and yall live happily for the rest of your unworthy lives!
HAIL TACO KING

sotamursu123

• On probation
  • Why so serious? :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: osTnT_cns_SotaMursu
  • WBNW
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
winning of an round being a matter of luck.
It's never a matter of luck, if you're relying on the flag randomly spawning with you then your tactics are just bad

Hmm. If a clan camps only one position, AND they manage to get the only flag they camped by (for an example, in Field by the River), the other side has to get to the flag quite fast because of the long distance, giving them a clear disadvantage. It's not impossible to win in that situation, but it sure is bad luck that made it hard.

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
At a glance from screenies it looks like a very small map

But I cant say for sure
It's smaller ye, Snowy Village was boring because of the long walks, but I am strongly considering of moving spawn 2 (near the frozen lake, not barn) behind the mountain again. At the moment the mountain is just there for no reason other than aesthetics, but it kinda was a huge part of Snowy Village before. That way the map will be larger again, one flag can spawn on the slope (not top of the mountain I think) and map control will be more important.

winning of an round being a matter of luck.
It's never a matter of luck, if you're relying on the flag randomly spawning with you then your tactics are just bad

Hmm. If a clan camps only one position, AND they manage to get the only flag they camped by (for an example, in Field by the River), the other side has to get to the flag quite fast because of the long distance, giving them a clear disadvantage. It's not impossible to win in that situation, but it sure is bad luck that made it hard.
Exactly, if the enemy is camping the boat on Port Assault and all 4 rounds the flag spawns there it could very well be the enemy wins just because of luck.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:13:48 AM by Arch3r »

Slenderpeasants,

Morii

• Sergeant Knight
  • chat au Coq
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Chikun
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »
Remaking Ruined Fort could be good, just flattening it a bit would already go a long way in improving it I think. Maybe if its re-made in a good way it can be considered as an ENL map again. Rest of the maps is really quite alright for me tho.
I used to be active like you, but then I took an arrow to the dick.

Goku_The_Bastard

• Veteran
  • Permanently Banned
  • I'm the biggest the best better than the rest
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Ref_Goku
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
Arch3r but what You would do with Ruined Fort ? It's too big, and not very balanced.
Are You working now on it ? I'll be glad for re-make it.

Deacon Barry

• Marquis
  • Lord of the Lord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: AE_Deacon
  • WB
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
I'd, like to see Ruined Fort remade and I guess you coul play around with snowy village (though those flags are way too close, map control should be an important element to consider) though I have no problem with it.

Village and Port Assault are fine however. They're enoyable maps on which you can develop some prett effective attacking tactics.

MaHuD

• Mr. SevenBois
  • Napoleonic Wars Moderator
    • Skype - Kroshnir
    • Twitch.tv - LordMaHuD
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Hired_Blade
  • WBM&BNWWF&SVC
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »
Could try to put the spawns on village back to how they were originally?
One team at barn, other team at porticulis gate

Arch3r

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
Updated the maps spawn points, made it more like the original Snowy Village: larger area takes part in the game, the mountain will play a good role again. Removed some cover from team 1 (barn team) when they want to get on the mountain. They can still climb the mountain without being shot by team 2, but if they want to retreat from there, they will have to go through the open field, just like on the original Snowy Village.

(click to show/hide)

Slenderpeasants,

Goku_The_Bastard

• Veteran
  • Permanently Banned
  • I'm the biggest the best better than the rest
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Ref_Goku
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
Great

sammac

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • inactive ingame, spying on tw, for now
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024804989
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: BrC/TMW_sammac Sumarliðr_FA
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
Could try to put the spawns on village back to how they were originally?
One team at barn, other team at porticulis gate
Wow, that brings back memories.

Tajulek

• Sergeant
  • Retired best-worldwide cavalryman
    • Steam - tajulek
    • Twitter - Tajulek
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Tajulek
  • M&B
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »
Have to test it in playing, before rating. ;)