OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Men-at-Arms Armour Pack - UPDATE RELEASED 2016-09-19

Users who are viewing this thread

As a notice, it would be nice to update the screenshots for your packs, as only a few of them actually work.

I know they're awesome without having to see a screenshot, but still. :razz:

Narf of Picklestink said:
fallentrojan said:
in the game i get message saying something like this couldn't load hose_kneecops.dds and the units that are wearing these items appear to just have plain black legs instead. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

Sounds like one of the materials is referencing a non-existent texture.

Get OpenBRF (https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466), and use it to open "[email protected]".

Once open, click on the Mat tab, then look for the reference to "hose_kneecops.dds", and change it to the proper name of the texture in the Tex tab.
  • DiffuseA should be hose_kneecops_green or hose_kneecops_red
  • Bump should be hose_kneecops_norm
  • Specular should be hose_kneecops_spec
Assuming none of the textures have been renamed, that is.

Hey thank you for your reply. I used openbrf to open the men@arms file, but the files are already correctly named. All three, diffuseA, Bump, and Specular for both kneecops (red and green) are already exactly like u said it. So, I didn't change anything. The same error also applies to the brigandines btw, so for now, I just disabled them from the shops. That sucks cause I was excited to use them.

Btw, in case this helps to clear up my situation, all the items that are not working appear differently in openBrf Mes tab. While the other items would look just like how they would look in the game (shape and colors are correct), these items instead only appear to have checkered blue and white pattern.

fallentrojan said:
Hey thank you for your reply. I used openbrf to open the men@arms file, but the files are already correctly named. All three, diffuseA, Bump, and Specular for both kneecops (red and green) are already exactly like u said it. So, I didn't change anything. The same error also applies to the brigandines btw, so for now, I just disabled them from the shops. That sucks cause I was excited to use them.

Btw, in case this helps to clear up my situation, all the items that are not working appear differently in openBrf Mes tab. While the other items would look just like how they would look in the game (shape and colors are correct), these items instead only appear to have checkered blue and white pattern.
Check your Textures folder to see if you can find textures with the exact same names (hose_kneecops_green.dds, hose_kneecops_red.dds, hose_kneecops_norm.dds and hose_kneecops_spec.dds).

For the items to be loaded correctly, you need to:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Have the textures in your Textures folder
[*]Have imported the textures in the Textures tab of a brf file
[*]Have set the textures properly in a material (like Narf mentioned above)
[*]Have a mesh use the proper material (with the exact same capitalization if there is any)
[*]Have the mesh mentioned as the mesh that needs to be used by an item (again, exact same capitalization)
[/list]
It sounds like your error is in either step 1 or step 4. If the texture is in your Textures folder, check to make sure the meshes use the correct material as well.

Maroon said:
fallentrojan said:

Check your Textures folder to see if you can find textures with the exact same names (hose_kneecops_green.dds, hose_kneecops_red.dds, hose_kneecops_norm.dds and hose_kneecops_spec.dds).

For the items to be loaded correctly, you need to:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Have the textures in your Textures folder
[*]Have imported the textures in the Textures tab of a brf file
[*]Have set the textures properly in a material (like Narf mentioned above)
[*]Have a mesh use the proper material (with the exact same capitalization if there is any)
[*]Have the mesh mentioned as the mesh that needs to be used by an item (again, exact same capitalization)
[/list]
It sounds like your error is in either step 1 or step 4. If the texture is in your Textures folder, check to make sure the meshes use the correct material as well.

So I followed ur advice and checked yhe texture folder and found out I am missing some files, hose_kneecaps_red, for example, and also all the ones required for the brigandine mail. But how can this be? I downloaded from the link provided here and copy pasted the resource and texture. Didn't change anything, why would I? That's weird right? Do you know how I can get these missing files so I can make these items work properly?

Huh, I see what you mean. hose_kneecaps_red is missing from the download. It's possible that it can be found in one of the other OSPs that Narf has published though.
Edit: here's a screenshot of the contents of the .zip, showing it's missing the texture:
e8jXTZr.png

Crap, this zip has been missing a texture file all this time and I only now find out? Let me see if I can locate it and fix...

Edit: OK, I took a look at this again, and that material/texture combo is from the first release of the pack.  It actually doesn't get used in version 2.0, I must have forgotten to remove them.  They are never referenced by any models though, so I'm guessing you must somehow have a mix of the old and new packs? 

Your armor packs are incredible work Narf. Thank you so much! Is there any chance that you might work on a updated mid-late medieval fullplate-set in the near future?

Crap, this zip has been missing a texture file all this time and I only now find out? Let me see if I can locate it and fix...

Edit: OK, I took a look at this again, and that material/texture combo is from the first release of the pack.  It actually doesn't get used in version 2.0, I must have forgotten to remove them.  They are never referenced by any models though, so I'm guessing you must somehow have a mix of the old and new packs?

that's possible,I used to play warband a log time ago and used ur armors too. recently i started playing again and downloaded ur pack again. so maybe i got confused. so what should i do here? what should i look for from what folder since i probably have both old and new,  just gotta go look for them. thank you for taking the time to check and if u could help me out again on this then truly you are a noble person and I wish u all the luck in the world

ps: btw did u mean there r some items from the older pack that's no longer available in the newer pack?

The green brigandine torso front texture/mesh appears on the wrong side in OpenBRF right? How could I fix that please?

https://i.imglol.de/green-brigandine-mesh-errorb3ekuke7.jpg

Teutonik said:
The green brigandine torso front texture/mesh appears on the wrong side in OpenBRF right? How could I fix that please?

I saw that you added this armor in a mod. This mod has another texture with the same name as the texture of Narf's brigandine.
In this case, you can change the texture file name of narf's brigandine to anything diferent, and change its material to point to the newly named texture.
Don't forget to change the name of the texture inside openbrg too, otherwise it will not work ingame.

JhonBrazil said:
Teutonik said:

I saw that you added this armor in a mod. This mod has another texture with the same name as the texture of Narf's brigandine.
In this case, you can change the texture file name of narf's brigandine to anything diferent, and change its material to point to the newly named texture.
Don't forget to change the name of the texture inside openbrg too, otherwise it will not work ingame.
Thank you very much for the advise! I will recognise that next time. I guess its the result of the amazing number of armor combinations in this mod.  :grin:

fallentrojan said:

that's possible,I used to play warband a log time ago and used ur armors too. recently i started playing again and downloaded ur pack again. so maybe i got confused. so what should i do here? what should i look for from what folder since i probably have both old and new,  just gotta go look for them. thank you for taking the time to check and if u could help me out again on this then truly you are a noble person and I wish u all the luck in the world

ps: btw did u mean there r some items from the older pack that's no longer available in the newer pack?

I haven't actually done any modding in a couple years, so my memory is foggy on how it all works, but I think you could probably just do this:
1. download and install the new version, copying over any files with the same name (many textures and models were redone or updated)
2. rename the brf file to "men_at_arms2"
3. go to the module.ini file and change the line "load_mod_resource = men_at_arms" to "load_mod_resource = men_at_arms2"

If that doesn't resolve your issues, probably the easiest thing to do is to start from scratch, and just install the new version. 

Basically, the new version added a bunch of new stuff, and the old legs models and textures were replaced completely.  I don't remember exactly all what was added or changed, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the assets were modified in some way.

Hey Narf, can you tell me why the buckler from the Transitional pack don't get attached correctly when not equiped?The code uses the "itcf_carry_buckler_left", but it clips through the body.

ZjONc.jpg

dsfrozen said:
Downloaded it again today for the 1,000th time... always a piece of beauty!

Thank you!  Even years later, it still makes me happy to see people get good use of this stuff  :grin:

Totenkopf900 said:
Hey Narf, can you tell me why the buckler from the Transitional pack don't get attached correctly when not equiped?The code uses the "itcf_carry_buckler_left", but it clips through the body.

ZjONc.jpg
dsfrozen said:
Downloaded it again today for the 1,000th time... always a piece of beauty!

You have to fiddle with the position of the model in openbrf.  It's been a long time since I did it, so I don't remember the exact process, but I recall there being a lot of guesswork involved.  Import a native weapon and try to position the buckler in about the same spot.  I obviously didn't succeed lol.

Ok, I highly doubt I'll get a reply but it's worth a try. I REALLY need to know what the painted sallet that says "da mihi caseum ant mori" actually says and what it means. It's very important for my health

Back
Top Bottom