"New" Battle map: De_dust2

Users who are viewing this thread

MousePad

Banned
Well, a guy asked me to make De_Dust2 for Warband, but i figured it would work just as well for a Napoleonic Wars map. I've tried to make it as similar to the original as possible, but you know how things are.

The map is probably not very well suited for the larger servers, nor suited for players who wants eyecandy.

PM me for download and scene code.

EBDD0FABEF33FB6C99FA15EF4C0FD7659F5DA79C

17EC774FE596085DF4A5E9895BA97BB70FFA0F87

CA4FC27D6A687A2F50B938839D4048632C880C3D

150FB2C1F098A39C2BF6010D5EE77EB15D661E61

4F28A7DFCC5F99891FB88F6A7DF82E451163F383

PS: Is there any forum to post Native maps?

Haha Awesome and there is a whole Native section but I am not sure where exactly you would put it.

As an old CSS veteran, I approve of this post!  :cool:

The map is probably not very well suited for the larger servers

Just look at Arabian harbour, this map should run without any issue.

Well done mate! looks awesomesauce.

Sven

Could you decrease the size of the some of those boxes?
They are way out of proportion in my opinion. (I know they were that big in the original map)
instead you could have multiple boxes stacked? I don't think people carried those kind of large boxes around.

I have to say it does look a lot like the original good job!

A bit simple. You could make the map a lot more interesting if you replaced the random pieces of walls with proper buildings, and so on.

I see you made it in Native. Do note that for some reason NW has removed a lot of Native scene props. Your map might not work in NW for that reason.

Sent out the map to 3 servers so far, not a single "thank you" -.-

But oh well...

Comrade Temuzu said:
A bit simple. You could make the map a lot more interesting if you replaced the random pieces of walls with proper buildings, and so on.

I see you made it in Native. Do note that for some reason NW has removed a lot of Native scene props. Your map might not work in NW for that reason.

CS have the advantage of 2D models. I had a hard time managing to puzzle it all together, without props sticking out everywhere, that's why i used the "slim" Arabian Wall models so much.

MousePad said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

CS have the advantage of 2D models. I had a hard time managing to puzzle it all together, without props sticking out everywhere, that's why i used the "slim" Arabian Wall models so much.
Not quite sure what you mean with "sticking out everywhere".

Back
Top Bottom