Gameplay mod Calradia: TOTAL WAR

Users who are viewing this thread

No, I ain't an english teacher.

*doesn't know if that's sarcasm or not, darn you intrawebz!*

Anyway, seems like you're getting a lot of positive reviews, this seems to be a good piece of work. What does morgoth mean "Double Triggers" by the way?

bobsters34 said:
Hey it looks like a good mod but i cant install it when it comes up the installer all im getting is a bunch of ???? and i selected the fodler were it goes to and it was set the the mount and blade modules folder and it installed everything but its not coming up on were you select modules on the first screen :'(
Help me please :grin:

You have to install it to the main m&B folder, it will automatically install the mod in the modules folder.

to bobsters34
Like i say before:
MAXHARDMAN said:
dont worry, press on upper button, and take path for game, after down left buttun for run install :wink:
Installation - Just unpack in M&B directory
Watch in directory :\MB\Modules must be folder TOTAL WAR, if not you dont install it (hmm maybe you press down right button in installer ??? Its cancel :wink: )

To Tuckles

Yes same sort of sarcasm :wink: i hope you dont :evil: too match :wink:

About triggers he mean i write about in twise more scritp code then in native :wink:

TO ALL
If to you has liked mod please, describe your impressions about new features which you have seen in mod (them much) for attraction of new players and also do not forget vote in Rating on Repository (even for potential ; ) )

Hmm, I think I've found a problem.

You can make alliances by helping other people right? (help a calradian party and you get +5 faction points from them, etc.) It seems as though you can't break alliances.

I engaged a Vaegir (Ally, 5 faction points) War Party. Conversation as follows:

Me: "Surrender or Die!"

Vaegir: "Blah Blah Blah"

and then my only option was to surrender.

Note that I was at 100% health and a had a bigger party than the Vaegir War Party. You might want to look into that.
Fairly good mod, but due to the lack of easy-kill parties (river pirates and all), it's very hard to start out in. The first party that I could do battle with was a manhunter party, 22 people against my 4. It's just not right. I also don't like the fact that there are only around 3 cities, and that aside from capturing villages, they're useless.

to Tuckles

Yes , its part of native code i dont change, thank you very match ! I fix in next vers ( or may be make same patch ? ) I already find problem, its jast add two string for  work properly ))
I have not mutch time for testing mod (i dont known what is pyton one month ago:wink: ), so with you and other help i hope make mod better...

And yes, its hardgame mod for hardcore players, its hard for novice...

How you take only 3 men in begining ? I give player 350 gold + 15 from graivs )) Its about 20 men from begining !  You may take merchant quests +70 gold + items from bandits. You may merc for swedians or vagirs 30 gold for begining and may take his quests. Find ways !

Like i say befor all scenes a temporary... If you take village you must place peoples  for grown population(and retrain) , or take prisoners and place in castle for prisoners exchange... Village grown about 15% in day, castle about 35 % (rendom +-10%) retrain is about 20 % village and 30% castles (+-10% rendom)

you forgot to switch the merchant. Merchants still start out with only 65 denar and some stuff. I bought better armor and only hand enough money for 3 watchmen. Also, you should still put bandits, even a hardcore player can't beat an army of 30+ with starting equipment and 20 mediocre men. Well, maybe they could, but heavy losses on their sides.

I think there should be a few more cities as well. Maybe you could give the Khergits a capital as well, and give the manhunters, dark knights and outlaws a town or two.

Message to the community about the development of the mod: 

The main thing is that I want to cross the global strategy of the TOTAL WAR series from CA with the combat and RPG sistem of M&B.

In future versions it is planned to make an economy, the AI and the player will get money from taxing the provinces, ransoming prisoners, caravan activity, and building buildings that give money (market, bank, port, etc.). The buildings that have been built will be able to be seen when visiting the settlement. Money will be spent for hiring and the upkeeping of armies, and garrisons, the putting up of buildings that will produce/train different types of soldiers (i.e. militia training camp, archers' firing range, cavalry stables, barracks, etc.). it will be able to build various fortifications, such as fences, walls, towers, moat, etc. Player will be able to give orders to allied armies. Will change the battle AI, the strategic AI should be come much more clever, and will attack, having a strategic reserve and when outnumbering.
Will make a diplomacy -for exemple, if your two enemies don't like you more then self then they will ally against you and make a joint attack on your kingdom. 

So far everything I know how to realise everything that I have listed

Then I need to make a bigger map (so I can get more settlements in)

What I need:
1. time and lots of it :wink:
2. your help in testing (just enjoy the game but if you notice a bug - please write in this page !)

If someone knows how to mod - I will take any help - welcome to the team!

If you have content (stuff, scenes, models, icons, whatever) that you want top include in the mod, I will gladly accept help .
Also if you have any ideas for the development of the mod and/or entering content from other mods, please write, I will think about all of them.

Sincerely yours - NIKO aka MAXHARDMEN

Tuckles said:
you forgot to switch the merchant. Merchants still start out with only 65 denar and some stuff. I bought better armor and only hand enough money for 3 watchmen. Also, you should still put bandits, even a hardcore player can't beat an army of 30+ with starting equipment and 20 mediocre men. Well, maybe they could, but heavy losses on their sides.
I think there should be a few more cities as well. Maybe you could give the Khergits a capital as well, and give the manhunters, dark knights and outlaws a town or two.

You lie or have been misinformed.

The game isn't equipment-based, it's skill-based. If you have a character with everything maxed out and the best equipment, and set a poor player down at the controls, they will die. They might take out a few enemies, but they will die.

If you take a character with only the starting stats and items and set a hardcore player down in front of it, they would do a lot better than the poor player with all the good stuff.

Anyways, on to the topic at hand.

Villages - Why do you have to send men beforehand to put ladders on the walls of villages, when there are two huge gaps and there's no need for them? It would make more sense and spare a few lives if you could find a way around that :smile:

Also, I think this is a native issue, but whenever you take all the troops out of a village, it changes to hostile. You can still go there and put troops in it, but it's kinda strange seeing an empty village show up as hostile :razz:

All the castles are the same as well :sad:

Suggestion: Instead of your relations with a faction going down by 1 every set amount of time during a battle, could the faction instead go down by a set amount (3 or 5 or something like that) just when the battle starts? As it is, a huge battle can make your relations with a faction drop by 20 or 30 points.

to Tuckles
merchants work like in native, i dont change it, but staff in shoop was after 24 h

Yes i plan add citys for main faction in future vers, and i plan make (or use ) bigger map for more settelments on it in furture vers.

to Orion
Like i write before, for village and castles and citys i make new scenes...this scenes is temporary.

Also, I think this is a native issue, but whenever you take all the troops out of a village, it changes to hostile. You can still go there and put troops in it, but it's kinda strange seeing an empty village show up as hostile
Yes its need to fix, thenks for remind me  :wink:

Suggestion: Instead of your relations with a faction going down by 1 every set amount of time during a battle, could the faction instead go down by a set amount (3 or 5 or something like that) just when the battle starts? As it is, a huge battle can make your relations with a faction drop by 20 or 30 points.

I think i make relation down from num of enemis (or party raiting)

@Orion

I seem to have been misinformed then. But I know if you decide to go footman, you die by horsemen if you don't have a bow or spear.

@MAX

I'm talking about the merchant starting class. (Squire, Hunter, Novice Priest, Merchant)

Sounds pretty amazing. Very ambitious strategy mod. I will most certainly try it when you release newer version. I also think that you really should get someone to write english parts for the mod, since your english is hardly readable.

Here's my idea for the mod. I think it would interesting to have sort of resource points to capture and hold such as mines and perhaps quarries. Also perhaps some sort of family and marriage bonds between different factions would be a powerful political tool. Would be interesting, but my main idea is really the resource locations.

Take care.

The mod thus far is great :smile: Once you get past the 3 available merchants the shops only resetting every 48 hours (at least in my case) then it's an amazing mod, and well done. My only complaint is the lag that's caused if you have a bunch of battles going on where you're losing faction points :smile: I once had 3 different parties of my faction fighting 3 other parties from other factions (dark knights, vaegirs, and khergits) and it would pop up a message saying my faction has deteriorated fomr -100 to -100 every couple of seconds.

kurjajuur
I write about allready...

to tuktuk
you really should get someone to write english parts for the mod, since your english is hardly readable. Me hepl with english comrad - Morgoth2005, but in forum i write my self  :smile:

I think it would interesting to have sort of resource points to capture and hold such as mines and perhaps quarries. Also perhaps some sort of family and marriage bonds between different factions would be a powerful political tool. Would be interesting, but my main idea is really the resource locations.

We talk about on russian side of site  :smile: , about mines and other things , i dont sure yet, and politic (diplomacy) its for notsoon future mod versions.

to Orion
Thenks ! I fix it in next version.  :wink:

1 thing i want to help i can build the scenes castles(i make a mod full of castles i think i know how to build noe) vilages training grounds, etc...

to DarkAnd

This will be Greate ! You help is very needed  :wink: You have ready scenes ? I want make scenes with one Set of buildings which then can be "built" (for exempl stables for knights, archery for archers and defence like towers or walls) I think i make list of bildings for set , and then you may make scenes with this list (and ofcouse youself designe) and a want large landscape for this scenes  :wink:

actualy no only the unfinished sieges(mod) town that you can atack i take 5 minutes for make that but i am making only for fun a castle which towers that you can get into them which the smal wall prop it is very funy and i think you mitgh can need others siege eqps for larger castles (e.g siege tower, siege lader(this oe is a giat lader whit whels))
but i am a fool noob making models
sorry for the gramar

Back
Top Bottom