MP Tutorial Scenes Basic Guide On Mapping (Scene Making) In Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

I was trying to take the map (world map) from the 1257 ad SVN and use it for the normal 1257ad.  The SVN is much larger.  All I can find about mapping(scene making) leads here. 

My problem is how do I make the world map larger?  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful. 

talvas said:
I was trying to take the map (world map) from the 1257 ad SVN and use it for the normal 1257ad.  The SVN is much larger.  All I can find about mapping(scene making) leads here. 

1) world map != scene making. Scene making is about missions, like visiting a town or a battle field. It is a different animal from creating/working with the SP campaign map

2) this thread kind focus on NW, a MP game, so not a SP feature

3) general modding questions can go here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

If all you need is to make the game increase the valid map area check your module.ini file, it has the dimensions in there

Thank you so much!  That put me on the right track... Hopefully now I can just switch the map.txt, but I bet that would be too easy.  Thanks again a million times.

Does anyone know how I can find the last object placed on a map? I'm trying to find out teleport door ID's and continue from the one that the last mapper placed.

Sorry for bumping; but I have a problem which must be solved:

I started to editing custom_map_1 map and enlarged size of this map. Here's the problem begins; when I quit game, scene resets itself except one corner, and also added objects are still at there.

NFLS8jI.jpg

Delete the .sco object in /SceneObj that belongs to custom_map_1 entirely. Then relaunch and enter the map - it should generate a new, correct one.

How can I change respawn time for defenders in a siege gamemode? Is it controlled by a prop? Server setting

set_respawn_period <X>

seems to be working for attackers only, and defendes respawn period is always + 30 sec longer.

Hey, guys, one more question. Is it possible to forbid players join defenders team during siege?

I’m creating maze map, where bots defend flag and players have to explore maze and avoid bots. Also, wanted to make all bots partisans. Is it possible only through module system?

amazing_ilya said:
Hey, guys, one more question. Is it possible to forbid players join defenders team during siege?

I’m creating maze map, where bots defend flag and players have to explore maze and avoid bots. Also, wanted to make all bots partisans. Is it possible only through module system?
Looks like something you need to do with code, but you can just make a rule that people don't join the other team.

Back
Top Bottom