Sneak Peeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Its fair to say, that The Deluge is placed in period between beginning of Khmelnicki's uprising(164:cool: to the end of Polish-Ottoman War(1676 or 1699). :wink:
But I guess, that developers are not complete history nazis and will add stuff from slightly before or after that period. :wink:

KuroiNekouPL said:
Its fair to say, that The Deluge is placed in period between beginning of Khmelnicki's uprising(164:cool: to the end of Polish-Ottoman War(1676 or 1699). :wink:

I'd rather say 1648-1660. :razz: But sometimes it's possible to implement something that's not from this period (proof: Kircholm event (1605) was played in the Deluge.)

Hofiko said:
KuroiNekouPL said:

I'd rather say 1648-1655. :razz: But sometimes it's possible to implement something that's not from this period (proof: Kircholm event (1605) was played in the Deluge.)
We didn't have any war with Ottoman empire at that time. :wink:
I used dates 1676 and 1699 because thats when two wars with Turks ended. :wink:

Firstly, correct my quote, because the one in your post is false. :razz: Secondly, I think that 90's of 17th century were already pretty different than the middle of that century, and we are talking about Ottoman war from 1672-1673 (Chocim, Vienna). So let's say 1648-1673. :razz:

Hofiko said:
Firstly, correct my quote, because the one in your post is false. :razz: Secondly, I think that 90's of 17th century were already pretty different than the middle of that century, and we are talking about Ottoman war from 1672-1673 (Chocim, Vienna). So let's say 1648-1673. :razz:
So I was right with 1676, because that's when that particular war ended. :wink:
Also, I quoted what you wrote in the first place, don't try to fool me, you troll. :mrgreen:

how this fry realized - just "glued" to the hand (like flute or drum sticks in mm) or more perfectly, goes as a separate weapon?
and... this thing looks good, but think that it's not very suitable for this mod, where is many maps with houses(town-type) and lot of people are take positions on the roofs and towers, or houses, or behind trenches and shoot when crouched :???:

Shamble said:
how this fry realized - just "glued" to the hand (like flute or drum sticks in mm) or more perfectly, goes as a separate weapon?
and... this thing looks good, but think that it's not very suitable for this mod, where is many maps with houses(town-type) and lot of people are take positions on the roofs and towers, or houses, or behind trenches and shoot when crouched :???:

It's perfect for this mod.. You wanna have them in natvie instead or Napoleonic wars maybe?

No
just can't imagine musketeer with such thing, crouched somewhere on the roof, tower or in tight room :roll:

Well, since I don't think the animation can be made to adapt to the environment, it might look awkward on occasion - i.e. you could have the rest hanging down from the front of the musket barrel when shooting from a window where realistically, you'd stabilize the musket on the window sill, or it might just disappear halfway into the ground while crouching...

But that's definitely no reason to not include such an iconic item/animation, even if it cannot reflect its use 100% accurately in all situations.

There's always the solution, although it might be hard to script: soldiers weilding petronels and arquebuses are able to crouch since they have a lighter gun with less power. While the musketeer weilding can't crouch but as a little boost they have muskets heavy and powerfull.

Well for musketeers crouching with their stands it would require, I think, a different animation for them. So they go from standing upright with the rest vertical, then when crouching the rest is angled away from the person at a suitable angle. That way you can still crouch and use the rest to take up the weight of the firelock.

Back
Top Bottom