[ND3] - Questions & Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex_C said:
Current group-stage rankings are viewable here, should auto-update:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqUXX_QhaYdVdHRxeEdSMlZyTExMcEhYNUFKMUZhN0E&output=html
Just quoting this for people who missed it and are wondering if they are 1st or 2nd in their group :razz:

I'm supposed to duel Phoenix, but in the Group stage thread etc, our names are crossed off.

I am assuming this means I have a default win.
Does this mean it's 9-0 for me, or a 0-0?

^I'm guessing after the last phase has ended it'll start. :O

Le Roux said:
I'm supposed to duel Phoenix, but in the Group stage thread etc, our names are crossed off.

I am assuming this means I have a default win.
Does this mean it's 9-0 for me, or a 0-0?
Prolly a default win, since he left.

Sorry for not answering these sooner, every time I was going to I ended up with the lengthy and tedious task of updating tables etc.

watly said:
What do play-offs mean exactly? I know we're going to have them, as all duels were played and 3 of us are in the second place, so what's going to happen with us  :lol:.

If there are two tied for a place, it's a simple duel between the two, with the winner going through.

If there are three tied for a place, it's a mini-round robin between the three, with each having a duel against the other two. In the possibility that there's some kind of rock-paper-scissors dynamic and the three are still tied, the process will be repeated (current workings, if someone has a better idea please suggest it since I can't think of one and haven't slept for about a day.)

Like Golradir said, it should all be posted once the Group Stage is over. Since the group stage is going to be ending at about the same time I should be revising for some exams, there might be one or two delays.

After the frankly abysmal number of drop-outs, and some other concerns, I've recently been entertaining the notion that after ND3, I'll just run a persistent ND-Ladder (seeded initially with ND3 final results). Obviously I'll need to work out the basics (who can challenge whom when, how to handle inactivity and the myriad other challenges I'll probably have to steal the solutions to from from flust.) Once this ladder is up, I can then start running ND4, ND5 etc. etc. as relatively small single-elimination tournaments (probably 32 or 16 players) seeded from the top 16/32 players on the ladder.

I'd be interested in hearing criticism, suggestions or general thoughts regarding this.

After the frankly abysmal number of drop-outs, and some other concerns, I've recently been entertaining the notion that after ND3, I'll just run a persistent ND-Ladder (seeded initially with ND3 final results). Obviously I'll need to work out the basics (who can challenge whom when, how to handle inactivity and the myriad other challenges I'll probably have to steal the solutions to from from flust.) Once this ladder is up, I can then start running ND4, ND5 etc. etc. as relatively small single-elimination tournaments (probably 32 or 16 players) seeded from the top 16/32 players on the ladder.

I'd be interested in hearing criticism, suggestions or general thoughts regarding this.
This does sound good. Would you then make like 3 periods or two periods a year where people could be challenged? Like the ENL cycles?
Or whut?

alex shouldnt i be 2 and 2 not 1 and 2 because i have had 2 auto wins one against wallace one against gurez then lost to tavi and deacon

If you need some help with organising, I'm a person who can organise pretty well and most of all has an extreme amount of time (I usually have 6 hours a day open for gaming and such).

watly said:
If you need some help with organising, I'm a person who can organise pretty well and most of all has an extreme amount of time (I usually have 6 hours a day open for gaming and such).

I think I'm fine for now, thanks for the offer though!

Seeding for the Knockout stage will be based first on final group position (1st or 2nd), then on your K/D, then RD, then randomisation. This means that that seed #1 will go to whoever came first in their group and had the highest K/D amongst those who came first, and seed #64 will go to whoever came second in their group and had the lowest K/D amongst all those who came second.

A bracket preview can be seen here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/214804/show_print_preview
1st/2nd refers to place in group, 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc. refer to how highly seeded you are within 1sts/2nds.

An up-to-date view of people's seeds so far can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqUXX_QhaYdVdGdBZFFTcFZWZXdQOEUzS2RZTWFNMEE&output=html
It'll only display people who are guaranteed to be 1st/2nd in their groups, not including people who are just 1st/2nd at the moment.

Recently a bug has been discovered wherein if you have 1.153 then you can't see particular feints while changing weapon mode with the great axes. As such, it's recommended that you revert your games to 1.143 until this has been fixed.

Alex_C said:
Recently a bug has been discovered wherein if you have 1.153 then you can't see particular feints while changing weapon mode with the great axes. As such, it's recommended that you revert your games to 1.143 until this has been fixed.

imo ban long axes

Note: Sorry that I haven't been updating tables and stuff, should be able to do so after the 12th, so in a few days' time.

Alex_C said:

As of now, KilleR and I are the only ones actually using long axes like this on a regular basis, so if you aren't going to play against us: it's still pretty smart to do  :mrgreen:.

Btw. The long axes are bugged not the great axe in particular.

Back
Top Bottom