[ND3] - Questions & Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

captain lust said:
I've just read that by failing to contact your opponent, you get a 0-0 "default loss". Does that not mean the system is open to abuse by allowing weaker players to ignore their opponents and limit the severity of their losses?

Round difference isn't a determining factor in whether you go through to the next stage or not, so the only real advantage that would be gained from having 0-0 would be a really long term attempt to get a slightly higher seed in Nditions 4 (it definitely would be only a slightly higher seed, since you'd still have the same number of overall wins/losses.) I guess it's possible to be abused to some extent, but I'm not really sure how it's a problem.

For some reason I was under the impression that round difference took precedence when players were equal on wins. Nonetheless I still think allowing an opponent to potentially lose round wins (if they count for anything at all), through no fault of their own, is an issue.

Though admittedly a small problem, maybe it would be better to have next tournament's seeds decided by wins/losses alone and randomise within the group.

captain lust said:
For some reason I was under the impression that round difference took precedence when players were equal on wins. Nonetheless I still think allowing an opponent to potentially lose round wins (if they count for anything at all), through no fault of their own, is an issue.

In the end I think it'd be better (in terms of seeding for ND4) to have all non-played matches having a null effect on round difference, rather than some players who should be lower gaining nine round difference just by virtue of being in the same group as someone who quit.

captain lust said:
Though admittedly a small problem, maybe it would be better to have next tournament's seeds decided by wins/losses alone and randomise within the group.

Problem with that is it would means seeding wouldn't be that much more accurate than at present. You'd end up (roughly) with six 'bands' of thirty-two randomised seeds. The odd player being a few seeds higher than they should be shouldn't have as negative an impact as that would.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the schedule of the Group Stage:

1st May -> 7th May; First Phase:

Player 1 v.s. Player 6
Player 2 v.s. Player 5
Player 3 v.s. Player 4

8th May -> 14th May; Second Phase:

Player 5 v.s. Player 1
Player 4 v.s. Player 6
Player 3 v.s. Player 2

15th May -> 21st May; Third Phase:

Player 1 v.s. Player 4
Player 5 v.s. Player 3
Player 6 v.s. Player 2

22nd May -> 28th May; Fourth Phase:

Player 3 v.s. Player 1
Player 2 v.s. Player 4
Player 6 v.s. Player 5

29th May -> 4th June; Fifth Phase:

Player 1 v.s. Player 2
Player 3 v.s. Player 6
Player 4 v.s. Player 5

Dextrus decline my offer to fight today, cause he playing other game, so its my win (9-0) or what? I cant wait for him cause i must fight another opponent.

Agisilay said:
Dextrus decline my offer to fight today, cause he playing other game, so its my win (9-0) or what? I cant wait for him cause i must fight another opponent.
I'm fairly sure that this week Dextrus' scheduled duel was with me. I believe that he is not bound to partake in any duels that are excess to that this week's fixtures...

BlackTide said:
Agisilay said:
I offer to play today when we both have time and both free, but he decline.
Does he not have the right to do so? He isn't required to face you this week as you are not his scheduled fixture.

@ Blacktide & Agis:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228922.0.html

Whereas 'Dextrus v.s. Agis' have not been played.

Shemaforash said:
BlackTide said:
Agisilay said:
I offer to play today when we both have time and both free, but he decline.
Does he not have the right to do so? He isn't required to face you this week as you are not his scheduled fixture.

@ Blacktide & Agis:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228922.0.html

Whereas 'Dextrus v.s. Agis' have not been played.
Ah right, I didn't realise that it was a week one game.

hwy alex do you have gurez's steam because i now have no way to contact him for duel and he hasnt responded to the duel communication thread where i posted my steam info so what do i do?

Agisilay said:

You asked for an extension for your duel, which was given. The extension was given to the end of the group stage, so you may have that long to complete it.

Current group-stage rankings are viewable here, should auto-update:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqUXX_QhaYdVdHRxeEdSMlZyTExMcEhYNUFKMUZhN0E&output=html

What do play-offs mean exactly? I know we're going to have them, as all duels were played and 3 of us are in the second place, so what's going to happen with us  :lol:.

Those who come second in the group stage are not eliminated, are they?

Back
Top Bottom