Author Topic: [ND3] - Rules & Regulations  (Read 1821 times)

Alex_C

• "Because you're worth it."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: AE_alX
  • WBWF&S
[ND3] - Rules & Regulations
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »

*Thanks to Beardface for graphics!*

After telling a load of people I wasn't going to bother with another Nditions Duelling Tournament, I've changed my mind, and so, after the sign-up phase, Nditions' European Duelling Tournament III will begin in earnest!

The main problem with the previous Nditions Duelling Tournaments was with the lower bracket (their being double elimination) 'lagging behind' the top bracket, leaving the undefeated champion waiting for months to play the Finals. As such, for this tournament, there will be an initial group stage (with the number of groups, and number of players per groups depending on the number of sign-ups) to bring the number of players down to sixteen; after the group stage, there will be a single elimination bracket amongst the remaining sixteen players.

Duels will now also be first-to-nine, rather than first-to-seven. This is mostly to compensate for the single-elimination bracket rather than double-elimination.

Those are the majority of the changes from previous Nditions Duelling Tournaments, detailed rules may be read below.

The deadline for submissions is the 3rd May, 2012.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:29:41 PM by Alex_C »

Alex_C

• View Profile
  • WBWF&S
Re: [ND3] - Rules & Regulations
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
27/04 Rule Added:
  • In the case of two North American-based, two Turkish-based players or two Russian-based players match together, a duel may be arranged on a North American, Turkish or Russian server if both players involved explicitly agree to do so.

Alex_C

• View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »
30/04 Rule Modified:

• In the case of two North American-based, two Turkish-based players or two Russian-based players match together, a duel may be arranged on a North American, Turkish or Russian server if both players involved explicitly agree to do so. If this is the case, duels must be fought on Medium combat speed, with the lowest possible armour.

Tork789

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WBNWWF&SM&BVC
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »
Seems like I don't get what should happen at the group stage. Can you be more specific? Should I duel everyone in the group? What happens if I lose once? Do I get eliminated from the tournament in that case or I can still win others and continue?

Golradir

• The Dutch Dyke
  • Count
    • Steam - Golradir
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: CoRpack_Golradir
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
It's a groupfase, you're not out when you lose once, just le continué.
"A certain number of the top teams in particular groups will be put into the Knockout Stage, which will be a single elimination bracket."
Then the founding fathers were trolling when the richest, most free, and most powerful nation on Earth was created.

Kwal

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • OLL clan forum
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: OLL_Kwal
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
Lowest possible armour? Naked wrestling ftw
I got 99 cookies 'cause a **** ate one

Alex_C

• View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:30:26 PM »
23/06 Rule Added:

• Once a duel has started, neither player may sheathe their weapon and cancel said duel without their opponent's explicit consent. Players are of course permitted to extend the courtesy of allowing another play to fix issues they may have by cancelling a duel, but are not required to do so. Breach of this rule will lead to the duel cancelled being counted as having been won by their opponent, if their opponent did not consent.

Please note: this rule is not being applied retroactively, and any past duels where a player would have been in breach of this rule will remain unchanged.