Note to Admins about their tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi to anyone being an Admin, I just wanted to let you know that you have a few different tools in dealing with disruptive players which don't cause a permanent ban on them from the server if your uncertain as to his/her excuse or would like to use a milder form of punishment.

Freezing a player for example causes him to sit down during the round thus being unable to move or fire or do anything other than turn to look around. This may give you an opportunity to either punish the player using the ban hammer which results in a one hour ban instead of a permanent ban or you can just have a chat to the individual about his/her behavior and/or give him/her a warning or ask for an explanation etc.

You can also teleport the player to yourself after or before having freezing him/her.
You also have the admin chat option which most of you use anyway I believe this causes the text to pop on every players screen in purple so taht no one can miss your warning/notes/comments etc.

I also asked Vince to upload the Manual which details all the server options etc sine the TW release did not come with the paradox manual: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,226628.0.html

Additionally Admins can spawn a shotgun/rocketlauncher and a holy handgrenade but these are items more intended for training, skylarking and general fun and testing but would cause to much disruption among general players.

The Admin can also spawn an Admin horse should he or she need it to get to a specific area fast, but an Admin can also teleport himself or herself to a player if needs be.

Anyway hope this helps any Admins who are uncertain as to what tools are available though I am pretty certain most of them know.

Hi thanks for the reiteration. Personally I dont like using any of the wider range of admin tools. A quick chat with the individual and a warning either verbally, slay or a kick followed by harsher punishment if necessary. I find using the other means is less efficient and can have a negative result, such as with 200 people on the server someone could easily kill you and take the tool. Also testing the admin horse: I haven't managed to kill one which brings the problem of removal after use. Thanks for reminding me about the tools. I can outline them for use in the admin rules.

Good post Ryan, sometimes Admins rely on bans too much.

Be more lenient, but do not tolerate trolling.

Back
Top Bottom