Battle of Sulcoit [postponed, view page 15]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Finnolfr,
Well I think (correct me if I am wrong) that the taleworlds people are quite active on the forums as well and surely picked up on their error. I find the whole way of mods turning into buyable content very strange. The same thing happened with WFAS really.

Let's just hope the WSE guy can make time to figure out the mistakes that were made by the company. We are a very dedicated community around here and I hope the smart guys can work this out soon enough.  Until than, I fear we are dependent on people that know more about modding and scripting than us regular GI's.

Hengwulf said:
@Finnolfr,
Well I think (correct me if I am wrong) that the taleworlds people are quite active on the forums as well and surely picked up on their error. I find the whole way of mods turning into buyable content very strange. The same thing happened with WFAS really.

Let's just hope the WSE guy can make time to figure out the mistakes that were made by the company. We are a very dedicated community around here and I hope the smart guys can work this out soon enough.  Until than, I fear we are dependent on people that know more about modding and scripting than us regular GI's.

Sorry for the off-topic, last post about it :smile:

I just hope guys from TW reckon those errors, keeping in mind what is happening today for it won't to happen again in the future.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
The same thing happened with WFAS really.

Nope. WFaS Mod turned into The Deluge, not into official WFaS. :wink: Or is there another mod you're talking about, that turned into the WFaS game...?

If I remember correct, there was a mod around (or was it a Turkish/Russian version that wasn't released in EU and US?). And they were very similar

really,because TW is a indie dev for the most part shouldn't they listen to the moding community more then anything since the Vikingr dev's,the crpg dev's and other popular mod's dev's are responsible for most of there sales aren't you (mod devs) not,for enhancing the game's experience allot of people enjoy the game. i say TW should pay the people that make great mods such as Vikingr for there time and work but then again i was raised when you could get paid for work you put time and effort in it to make it great.but my point still stands the NW should have been for M&B with fire and sword       

Winged Dark Angel said:
really,because TW is a indie dev for the most part shouldn't they listen to the moding community more then anything since the Vikingr dev's,the crpg dev's and other popular mod's dev's are responsible for most of there sales a

well more than about sales I would think they would appreciate the effort of small communities to make a great game. If and how they considered this I don't know regarding this mess, but it is sad indeed

Hengwulf said:
Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
The same thing happened with WFAS really.

Nope. WFaS Mod turned into The Deluge, not into official WFaS. :wink: Or is there another mod you're talking about, that turned into the WFaS game...?

If I remember correct, there was a mod around (or was it a Turkish/Russian version that wasn't released in EU and US?). And they were very similar

Ah, you're probably refering to "M&B:Ogniem i Mieczem" and "Ogniem i Mieczem: Dzikie Pola". That's some weird ****, I tell you. :grin: Those were games released in Eastern/Central Europe - first one came out on M&B engine in 2009, second one was on WB engine in 2010. Both were separate games, although the second one only added multiplayer support + few fixes. Funny thing is that those fixes, multiplayer support, working cannons, formations and much much more features were supposed to be added to the first game in "upcoming patches", as the devs themselves promised, so many people bought the first game, hoping it will be fixed quickly. That of course didn't happen. :wink: About a year after that, the second game was released, the support for the first one was dropped (it was very poor anyway) so players had to pay again for the very same game.

Still, the second one was buggy as hell on the day of release (december 2010). I would call those two games a "paid beta versions" of the current WFaS, since they were actually unplayable then. Anyway, after another half-a-year and a lot of patching, the game(s) was finally adapted by TW and released worldwide.

But lets cut the offtopic now, shall we? :wink:

hrotha said:
Well, according to Steam's global achievements thing, only 30% of Warband players have even installed a mod, so there.

That stat means nothing. I myself bought M&B from a different DD company, and im not using steam for playing it. Just as example. However, 30% it's not that low percentage, in my opinion.

C_Ronin_Rico said:
hrotha said:
Well, according to Steam's global achievements thing, only 30% of Warband players have even installed a mod, so there.

That stat means nothing. I myself bought M&B from a different DD company, and im not using steam for playing it. Just as example. However, 30% it's not that low percentage, in my opinion.
Of course many players don't have Steam, but that doesn't mean the total population of Steam players isn't a good sample.

And yes, 30% of players is not bad, but that hardly means mods are what make this game commercially viable.

But how many people who own M&B on Steam who haven't installed a mod still regularly play and how many hours a week do they log compared to those who do play mods? Stats are pain in the petunias you can go around in circles trying to prove stuff but the fact of the matter is the majority of players who frequent the forums are avid mod users and we got screwed with these patches.

Winged Dark Angel said:
TW is a indie dev for the most part shouldn't they listen to the moding community more then anything

Apparently they did. And even figured out how to make some quids out of it.

It's a really **** move to turn a mod into an "expansion" you have to pay for considering it's basically the same thing but with a fee now. This hectic patching is even more inept.

Ozwan said:
Winged Dark Angel said:
TW is a indie dev for the most part shouldn't they listen to the moding community more then anything

It's a really **** move to turn a mod into an "expansion" you have to pay for considering it's basically the same thing but with a fee now. This hectic patching is even more inept.

Yes, I can see Taleworlds getting heaps of cash from NW. That's of course because they publish all of their games, so most of the money goes indeed to Taleworlds. Not to the NW devs, or anyone else.

Merlkir said:
Ozwan said:
Winged Dark Angel said:

Yes, I can see Taleworlds getting heaps of cash from NW. That's of course because they publish all of their games, so most of the money goes indeed to Taleworlds. Not to the NW devs, or anyone else.

no that's the problem,because warband didn't have any early gunpowder weaponry in the first place it changed the base code which intern wounded the modding seen.and before you start saying stuff about money and it was good for them to make a crap mod into a DLC was good for them just remember the game M&B with fire and sword which had early gunpowder weaponry.
Winged Dark Angel said:
.but my point still stands the NW should have been for M&B with fire and sword       

MnB WFaS was based on vanilla Mount and Blade, not on Warband.
NW was a mod for Warband, which was then made an expansion for Warband.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with NW:
Sure, nobody likes having to pay for stuff, but there is nothing wrong with it, and nothing forces you to buy it.
Sure, nobody likes having their mods temporarily ruined because everything was heavily updated, but the update itself is still great.
Sure, nobody likes Vince, but really. Gather the last remains of your shattered dignity and keep a stiff Anglo-Saxon upper lip.

Let's not confuse criticizing TW and FSE for the way they handled the upgrades with talking gratuitous crap about NW, which is a very fine mod, and one of many gunpowder mods for Warband.

hrotha said:
Let's not confuse criticizing TW and FSE for the way they handled the upgrades with talking gratuitous crap about NW, which is a very fine mod, and one of many gunpowder mods for Warband.
i agree with you on that it's a fun mod and gunpowder does make a big boom but its postponing the Vikingr event and i was looking foreword to kill people in Viking times

how about taking this discussion to a new thread and leaving this one for the event? so that people wondering on updates on the event dont have to go trough 10 pages of discussion of another topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom