Native Completed [TMTAKAPCDDT] - Revived; Registration has reset/begun as of 9/04

Stay with 2? UPGRADE TO 3?! (Makes matches significantly longer, for better or worse)

• I want to keep it at 2

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I want to roll with 3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I suggest an alternative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think the format is dumb overall

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Team name: Master Unicorn And MrNomNom's Team For Two-Man Team (AKA Pair/Couple/Duo) Dueling Tournament; We're In It To Win It. (MUAMNNTFTMTAKAPCDDTWIITWI)
Team members: Master Unicorn, MrNomNom
Preferred member/method of contact: PM

The information in your tournament seemed to be lacking, so I drew a diagram to help.

killerunicorn5 said:
We will be doing duel mode, and basicly this picture and stuff will show how we do it:

______
      |        |                                                                  (notice that the dots are players,and that team 1 is against team 2)
      |1 *---|------------------------*2
      |1 *---|------------------------*2
      |____|

1)the box and dots in it are one team.
2)the dotted lines going from one dot to another dot is demonstarting how the teams will fight.
3)the dots with a "1" next to them are on a team, and the dots with a "2" are on another team. team 1 and 2 are fighting. both of the partners on team 1 are challenging the partners on team 2. everyone else watches them fight and wait until it is their turn. If this is agreeable, I will copy and paste this on taleworlds.

I will delete any info in the first post that goes against this,but if you have any questions about this,now is the time to ask.

EDIT: mr.x beat me to it ;/

Deafening said:
Oh wait, did you mean you thought it would be all four dueling simultaneously? Yeah, I was thinking that would be interesting, but it'd be difficult to set up -- or at least it wasn't something I felt like thinking about too hard.

Battle mode with equipment restrictions could probably do it. You'd want to do it on a map like Arena, or a specially-made custom map so there's not a lot of downtime between duels from running around.

I thought of doing a 3+2 team dueling ladder with round-robin fencing rules, but 1) there wasn't really enough interest and 2) extra work making a somewhat complicated ruleset which I knew would have to be explained half a dozen times at least (which is given for anything like this, so it's not like I'd be upset about it).

In any case, I'm thinking I might sign up for this. Don't put me on a free agents list yet, because I'd rather ask around among my friends to see if any of them are willing to join up with me.

I particularly like that teams are able to make up for deficits in score, by the way. The potential for one player to save their score after a mistake from their teammate is interesting. It makes every duel count.

Team Name: Friendship is Magic Legend of Korra (FiMLoK)
Team Members: Shep, Merius
Preferred member/method of contact: Shep, Steam, bottle in ocean, or Taleworlds.

Rhade said:
I think a simultaneous 2v2 would be a bit more able to mix things up.

Unless I'm mistaken, this format just places a team into 1v1 scenarios against another team of 2.

A true 2v2 would bring a lot of new dynamics.

I agree with Rhade. Though you could do your tournament like fencing too. Usually takes a bit before you can fill the ranks for either.

I believe that GK_LES_Duel has a map, courtesy of GK, that could work.  If some people would like to check it out, I just need to get it set up on the server. 

It has one normal sized arena ring, and one larger ring.  It is not big and it is entirely flat. 

Orion said:
Battle mode with equipment restrictions could probably do it. You'd want to do it on a map like Arena, or a specially-made custom map so there's not a lot of downtime between duels from running around.
Yeah, that's the setting I arrived at too, thinking about it. Feels like it'd be a "waste" of a battle server, personally. But yeah, I'd say that's a problem for another day, or another person, at this point.

Tavi, that's in reply to Marnid's idea right? Actually, that reminds me that I wanted to mention to you that GK/LES Duel has some seriously strange lag. It's minute and hard to pin down, but others felt it as well. Do you have regular resets scheduled there? This was a few days ago, maybe it's irrelevant now.

Updates: FiMLoK added, available players updated. Edit: BigBouse added. Edit: frandz added.

Team name: we r frandz
Team members: RoboCop; Cleric Johnson
Preferred member/method of contact: PM, steam, dark sacrament

211105_132410770170783_7402815_n.jpg

Four days left to register..! This may or may not change. You free agents should uh, you know. You know? Also applies to pretty much anyone else reading this topic.

Oh, this being my topic, I can derail anytime I want. And I have nowhere else to post this anyway:
Better hair for Warband lady avatar people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5cpauc1-Ec

Update edit: Added SGFKAABFNJFTFTPOSAFFITTMTAKAPCDDT, which dethrones MUAMNNTFTMTAKAPCDDTWIITWI.

Team name:SGFKAABFNJFTFTPOSAFFITTMTAKAPCDDT (Sophisticated Gentleman From Kansas And A Brazilian From New Jersey Fighting Together For The Purposes of Slaying All Friendly Folk In The Two-Man Team (AKA Pair/Couple/Duo) Dueling Tournament)
Team Members: Z3ro, Tavi
Contact info: PM, in the blood of RoBoCoP, or with cookies

I leave it to Z3ro to sparkld and dazzle with imagery unmatched to represent. 

Killfacer said:
RoBo_CoP said:
Team name: we r frandz
Team members: RoboCop; Cleric Johnson
Preferred member/method of contact: PM, steam, dark sacrament

211105_132410770170783_7402815_n.jpg

Was gonna demand I go with my brother but you earnt that ****.

Good luck br0s.

Wow, that rejection must really sting...

Back
Top Bottom