-LOCKED- -- 1776 v.1.5 -- (for TESTERS only!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
asterix 2010 said:
is seems like we havent had an update i some time, or am i missing something. i heard something about a dev version

Hi, Gab and myself are working on the next update. There will be some new improvements and bug fixes.
Actually we have a nasty big bug which need to be fixed and then the next update can be released.

So we are working on it. Be patient.
Thanks for your updaterequest.
Greetings

EDIT by Gabrilduro:
Welcome back, little Asterix  :mrgreen:
.....andThx Auris ! I added my comment here, so you can edit it if necessary  :wink:

I have v.1.5 "almost" ready to be tested, with some fixes made, thx to Auris and done by me, also according to Auris suggestions  :wink:

I need deep TESTING for :

-Scene general overview and check  = CUSTER - CORYTLH - Workaholic
-Diplomacy issues                          = AURIS

-GB                                              = ZAC - stiggy - RosstheBoss
or USA                                          = KEGGER - luckypunk
or Spain                                        = Empress Meg - Nasey - Uusak
or France                                        = Aurelien - Asterix - Aelios
or Holland                                      = Marshal_Ney
or Indian tribes..............................= VON AFTON!!!! Yeessssssss!!!

(pls say which one you want to test)

-Pirate and sea travel                      = BeanyUndead
-Merchant (sea or/and land)            = Empress Meg
-SEA and General Naval Testing        = Gaham

-....else that I will need later on...

ONLY Testers that will ask to deeply go through a TESTING gameplay, will receive the dwld link.
Pls post here to candidate as TESTER

1776 American Revolution v. 1.5.....some anticipations!  :twisted:
-Outpost Mod added (thx Auris!  :wink: ) but demolish outpost makes Player icon to disappear on world map.
-Diplomacy almost fixed but still to deeply test (I removed Chancellor from all bandit groups and places not proper. Game used to CTD also in Character Menu, when sliding through all troops of the Mod, and getting to the Diplomacy characters... :???: )
-redone once more all weapons skills to be more accurate and faster loaded. Mostly for playability. real fun to use them now, and historical data are mostly respected.
-redone horses skills
-fixed some weird outfits and inventories for Indian troops  (still some not match skin color and face. pls point them all to me when see in game )
-renamed some Troops
-fixed a lot of Scenes found out some others that were messed up recently .... :???: FIXED, now.
-added and modified some musics
-added and modified some sounds
-FIXED GRENADES!!!!  :razz:
-fixed Arenas and their equipment/outfits
-fixed Hunter Boots
-fixed Thin Cavalry Boots
-fixed Pilgrim Shoes
-fixed scalping knife on left Hand
-fixed tomahawk on left Hand
-fixed pistol on left hand

-.....a lot more that AURIS and I will add properly in Progress Topic when we have time

Soon Auris will quickly check my work and soon I will allow most serious TESTERS to dwld.

Thx to all my real Supporters and Helpers,
...and expecially to dear best friends:

-- Auldman  ( :wink: ) , Azrooh, Dellivis, Custer, Admiral Nelson, Kegger, Zac, 5arge, Rigadoon, Killjoy187, Gokiller, Kegger, Corylth, Amore, WRC, Vicnaire etc .... for always encouraging me through all this time.
They know what I went through, lately!

Gabrilduro

PS ...to all those players that get "frustrated" with my Mods sometimes buggy, please do not candidate for Testing.  .... :roll:

I could look into USA for you guys, just tell me what you need looking into or do you want me to just play as them for a week or two? I got time :smile:

As we discussed, I'll be happy to help. I'll test out USA.

Edit by Gabby:
Ciaoooo Keggy!!!  :razz:
Perfect, thx!!!
Added.

-crashed when I hit "randomize" on my character creation. Possibly something to do with the new hair styles?
-got into a battle and a few of the enemy were walking backwards.
-Sword swing is suuuper slow. The damage seems disproportionate as well. My pistol takes 2 shots to kill someone, but a light graze from the sword is a 1 hit kill.
-In battle, there is a huge minimap in the top right corner. It looks like it has the location of me and the enemies spawns, but does not move during the battle.
-When you try to recruit from a town with no volunteers, it doesn't show a screen. It just takes you back to the main village menu.
-Jaeger accuracy needs to be increased. It has around the same accuracy as the pistol, but its barrel was actually rifled so it was much more accurate.

Will try to mess around with  this more tomorrow.

I would love to test this mod.  :grin: I have no real preference regarding testing areas so assign me where you wish. I am an English and History teacher if that helps with my placing.

Wow! New release of my favorite mod  :grin: yay!
Geez, I'm so happy that you guys are still doing such a great job :grin:
Can I help somehow too? I can test Spain if the offer still stands.

Game Two, Gameday 92

- The town of Saint John far to the north has the delightful ability to make it's buildings out of lighter than air materials. That is, the buildings are all floating.

- It is impossible to attack and take by siege Iroquois War Camp (castle/fort) as the spawn location for my regiment was under the map.

-In the town of Tallahassee it was standing room only, the Ransom Broker was standing on a table it was so crowded.

-Finding it very difficult to enjoy an attack on a defensive position by the AI on a player held town/fort. The barricades are nice and the method of deployment makes sense but many times I am stuck watching the AI run into walls. When the AI attacks two things occur which cause the battle to stand still. One, the enemy simply tries to run directly at my troops, thus they often hit a barricade and stay there indefinately. Two, my men are generally in a fort or on some fortification which causes my own me to be trapped inside the fortress. There's often a lip or slight rise to the fortifications which my men cannot get over because they don't jump. What ends up happening to break these boring sallies and attacks is the lone army of me having to go over the walls (since I can jump) and fight the enemy alone. It is a tedious process as I often run out of ammo and must go back to the fort and collect some more. Seige warfare does take time indeed, but having to fight a seige this way completely destroys the fun asspect of a game.

Trois River Fort is the best example of what I mean. Real stalemate for those commanders who choose to join in and defend the fort from aggressors.

-Dartmouth, one of villages near Halifax.
I had undertaken a quest from the farmer in the tavern. Upon entering the village my men and I spawned directly on top of the bandits we swore to destroy. It was as though my party was on a entirely different plane and the bandits on another. Rooftops were visible on my plane but most buildings were sunk halfway into my "ground" whereas the bandits were surrounded by open plains.

My party spawned on a rooftop and were trapped there, shooting at the ground beneath their feet to try to kill the bandits, while the bandits shot ineffectively at us. From time to time my men would score a hit or the bandits would take down one of my men. I tried to run off the rooftop but could not do so. So I tried jumping. When I jumped I fell into the level the bandits were on and one of my men followed me. We were able to pick off the bandits but it was a confusing and strange experience.

-Nassau patrol was in Florida.

-Dutch Admiral Johan Zoutman's party is represented as a rock on the map. I thought that he had some very good camo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update. Reached Gameday 200. Have ended the game below and am restarting to test again.

Gameday 166. Currently Spain has only deemed its worthy opponents to be the United Kingdom anf the United Sates. To fight savage natives is beneath His Most Catholic Majesty. I must admit I have tried to persuade His Majesty's representatives to attack the local natives but alors! nothing doing. Instead I've kept up a steady advance on the US and GB but even with those two nations fighting on several fronts they have always beaten back any attacks. Spain is a fractured and divided land in the American north and suffers stagnation. Every town or castle won for the glory of Spain is soon overrun by the Lobsters or their rebellious and discordant cousins, those Americans. I might have to take it upon myself to become marshal and crush those bloody redcoats into the earth and cast them into the sea.

Politically, many native factions have lost war chiefs to the more civilized nations. It's gotten to be such a problem that some of these nations are left with one or two vassals. Economically, most towns and villages are very poor. No amount of my personal trading seems to bring them out of it. For someone who enjoys trading and building up towns to their best it is hard to see them continue to languish. Perhaps once the issues with sea trade and work out this will ease. Also a building program would help too, like what PoP contains but made to fit this setting.

More observations added.

UNIFORMS/EQUIPMENT
(Specific items a character can wear or use are in bold text with the name a player sees ingame.)

-Continental Infantry Officer
Still transparent during battles and walking around town/inside buildings.
-British Light Infantry Helmet
Still doesn't work in the inventory screen. It's upside down when you "wear" it and attached to character's side. My character also goes bald when it's worn. :razz:
-Scottish Hose
When worn this item causes the body armour section to get very shiny, particularly the top of the character's chest and shoulders.
After a couple more tests with this item on other troops and uniform combos I believe this was an issue with my monitor and not 1776.
-Highlander Cap Blue/Brown
Still upside down in the inventory menu (like when buying from the shop), but it appears right side up when worn.
-Tarleton Helmet
This item when worn still has the habit of showing a great deal of the character's hair.
-British 84th Uniform
Shiny/transparent.

-Rifled Musket
The reload time for this weapon is stated at 50. This reload speed is faster than most pistol reload times  in 1776 and is equal to a load time for a pair of pistols. Rifled weapons have more grip inside of the barrel, hence the accuracy, this reduced reload time. I know you know this. :razz:
-Long Land Pattern Musket
Range for this weapon is set to 60 whereas the Short Land Pattern Musket's range is 82. Perhaps a simple switch of range points was overlooked?
-Hunter Musket
The accuracy for this weapon is 90 and the reload time is 70, pretty amazing stats for the price unless I'm missing something.
-Shortened Carbine
Again this appears to be an amazing weapon, with range of 110, 72 accuracy and another one with range of 120 and accuracy of 68. Carbines shouldn't out-range a rifle or musket. The barrels are too short, and this one has a reduced "shortened" barrel length!
-Huge Pistol Pair
Range of 190!

Other issues:
-Various Indian feathers and feather bandana "hats" are without textures.
-After a couple of days there are no gloves or boots for sale in the armour shop. You either have to buy what you can in those couple of days or you need to loot.
-Various hats are missing textures, bicorns and tricorns.

MAIN MAP
-Trade ships still stuck and cannot reach final destinations, trapped on the ocean.
-Lords who want to travel from the islands to mainland and vice versa still just sit there and run in vain , unable to make it to battle or ball.
Suggest for both issues using similar system as another rather popular mod. Create sea lane tiles for the main map ocean. Reduces speed and and perhaps morale but still allows caravans and parties to roam the entire map and reach their destinations. Lords from islands can move to the mainland and caravans/trade ships can make it to their trading centres. All of the islands with locations on them will have to be connected for this to work of course. I'd still leave the option of a player owned ship for those who like to travel fast and trade hard. Plus, it's a fine looking frigate.

-When traveling in your own ship it is often difficult to embark in order to reach some of the island settlements. One has to find just the right spot to click on a town or village otherwise your ship travels around the entire island and won't let you embark because the location is directly on the shore.
Suggest making a dummy location in the middle of the island, or just off the coast enough to allow for the embark screen to come up. I don't think many folks know about the right click option in other words.  :wink:

Addition to the issue above. Puerto Rico, where the town of San Jaun is located in addition to a few villages is really broken. It was only 30 mins. or so was I able to disembark. It appears that the right-click option to "move here" doesn't work with any of these locations.

-Furthermore, the Havana patrol was on that very island. How they got from Cuba to Puerto Rico is beyond me since any other type of party on the map gets stuck  on the coast. Submit that the Oblivion Gates must be in use here, teehee.

-Performance has improved on main map for me but after Day 2 or 3 it does get laggy. However this is a big improvement over the most recent gold version. I think all of the "stuck" ships and parties are the cause of this.

-Kidnapper's Hideout
This is the first mission given when a player begins a new game. In my game the actual mark on the main map which says "Kidnapper's Hideout" was not of a rocky outcropping/cave like normal, instead it was a banner on the main map. Similar to what a lord's party or a town/castle would display on the main map.

Additionally, when I moved in to attack the hideout with a party of men I found that most of my poor lads where trapped aboard a ship. My men and I spawned on a ship and only myself and two other fellers could manage to jump off of said ship to slaughter those pesky kidnappers.

-All flags are identical on the map for each faction. No individual lord/officer/chief etc has their own, personal banner. Not sure if this is intentional (to reflect the growing national identity present at that time) or not.

-The USA captured an island town! I've no idea how it happened, since it appears lords cannot travel across water but the USA captured Nassau. However, instead of the Nassau patrol guarding it, it's the Richmond patrol.

-Many trade ships are getting stuck in rivers all over north America. I cannot get in some of these rivers once they narrow, even after repeated attempts. Might be worth either enlarging the river, moving the banks further apart a wee bit so one can maneuver. Or to make rivers impassable once they move inland a certain measurment.

SCENES (Towns, castles, villages)
-Boca de Rio
Levitating buildings when you "take a walk around the village".

-St. Augustine.
When I put to siege this town in particular, on the offensive my troops were trapped on the first log defense. These lines hindered my troops more than anything else I've encountered. I had to continue to go back during the middle of an assault and basically lead the men around every time reinforcements spawned. This of course caused my men near or inside the fort to be obliterated, poor lads. Suggest adding more gaps in defenses like these to help shuttle men through the defensive lines.

-St. Maarten
After accepting the quest to ride this village of a group of bandits in the locale tavern I preceded with dispatch to that location. Upon selecting to charge in and take care of the louts, I found that my own company and that of the reckless bandits spawned on top of each other.

-Logstown
My first "fief". Selecting the option "go to village centre" on the main menu screen brings my character very far from the village centre. I'm not sure if this is done with purpose but ti seems a bit extreme.

-Various battlefields
I've discovered the hard way that the skeleton object causes horses to baulk as though they have hit a tree or wall. A wretched thing when you're in full tilt bearing down on the Redcoat's flank with not a tree or rock in sight.

-Various villages' fields
I jumped my horse over a log in full health. When he landed he took 116 damage and died. I was not in battle, just looking around a town. The gradient was fairly level, maybe a slight dip where he landed but certainly not a slope or hill of any kind. I did it three times to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

-Toronto
Enjoyable battles on this map. The only oddball thing I've found is a great geyser or steam/smoke plume at the rear of the map, defenders side. It's kinda strange.

QUESTS
-Train the Peasants quest
When my character goes for a "practice fight" it is a slugging match. There are no weapons. Not sure if this was intended but it does look a bit weird and well out of date for the period.

TRADE
-Vera Cruz only sells corn. Needs more verification.
*Addendum. It seems like there is a wider, global issue here that I am unsure if you wish to address in this version or not, but many of the towns do have periods of having only one item in the goods shops. Vera Cruz's corn was the first I've come across, but other town's have this occur as well, some with serious cash crops - cotton and spice for instance. This leads to a big exploit, if you will, allowing the player to buy up very cheap goods in mass quantities. They can then sell them at vastly inflated prices. Example, I sold cotton I bought for 50 in the southern states in New York for over 800. The only thing holding me back from making millions is the lack of funds in the shops, most hover around 3000 to 5000.

-All towns/villages I've visited are poor or below in wealth.

UNITS/TROOPS
-British Standard Bearer
Cannot sell to ransom broker. He's seemingly stuck with my party. I'll see what occurs when I'm captured and my party disperse. Suggest doing something with this fellow to make it worth taking him in battle. For the Colours to be taken was truly the death of a regiment, make something of this momentous event!

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

-Music is great and enjoyable. Would like to hear even more of the "folk" music of the Americas as well as more British martial music, "The World Turned Upside Down", "The Minstrel Boy", etc. Perhaps the other testers can verify this; I'm getting rather tired of hearing about Polly. It sounds as though every other song or march has "I Am a Rebel Soldier" right after it. :razz: Might just be me, but there you go.

-I've a few gender confused American natives. Countess Deserontyon is the most recent. He deserted from whatever native nation he originally started in and when he joined a new faction he became a she. There are a couple other leaders with the same issue.

-The above leads me to another point, after game day 100 there seem to be a ton of turncoats in many of the native factions. I would request that the other players watch out for this as well. It may just be my game.

-Suggestion: Is it possible to make Standing Orders (general orders)?

For instance, There's a grand way to keep your NPC in your party by threatening them with a cowards death. This prompts them to recall their signing bounty and duty to the regiment. However, clicking through this dialogue for all of those disgruntled characters becomes tedious. So, make an option to make a standing order by ticking a box to ensure that the game doesn't bother you with this again. If you don't tick the box than the game will bring up the dialogue for those who want to leave your party, if you do tick it, than the game will automatically hush any insubordination.

Maybe make a screen menu to group all of the important options in one menu instead of being spread all over the pages.

Other ideas for Standing Orders

Have NPC's collect items after battle. I know this comes up after each battle but if you were to tick this box in standing orders the game won't bother you with this option after each battle but will do it automatically. Not ticking it will bring up the looting screen. Good for when you just start out and need to arrange officers' equipment. In that same vein one could also place the" Automatically sell items" and "Automatically buy food" in the Standing Orders menu.

-A lord defected to my own personal kingdom. I don't have my own kingdom yet let alone a governorship!

-The message below came up in red text on the main map while I was traveling. It now comes up rather often now. I believe this coincides with the gender confused officers leading parties.
"Party with commander mismath - check log for details."​

-I keep being blown up by myself using the "cannon" weapon. Not a great deal of fun. :sad:

-Garrisoned troops do not heal.

-I was awarded Toronto after taking it several times from the Brits. However, I was unable to "recruit" troops in the town improvements menu. Not sure how this works.

Empress Meg said:
I would not mind beta testing Spain if you've not already someone in mind. Additionally, I am quite eager to aide in your work with naval combat, it being the chief love of my study for ten plus years.
I've tested before for "HistWar : Les Grognards" and had a small role in a mod for the Total War series, http://www.thelordz.org/home.html. In my role at the Lordz I was PR, historical researcher, tester, minor editing, skins, and writer. The only thing I couldn't really get into was coding or models. I suppose I do not have the head for it as they say.
I am retired since NTW2 and really only play Mount and Blade now for fun but I am tempted to help test.
If you need a more comprehensive resume from my modding days and references let me know and I'll compile one for you.

Cheers, Meg
I'm looking forward to testing! I do enjoy the mercantile side of Mount and Blade so I'm keen on doing that indeed. Thank you kindly.

I will send you a PM this coming Sunday as requested, but I must warn you it is thin on the more complex modding side of things. :wink:

Cheers, Meg

i would love to test the incredeble indians :shock:

Edit by Gabby:
Augh!  ....and talking little to get better in the role, huh? :twisted:
Jeees, Afty..... some enthusiasm :roll:
....Anyway....nice to see you 'round again.  :razz:

Gab

the treas in a battle scene near Richmond changes every 3rd sec

vA

Hey Gabrilduro! I've been following your mods for a long time now, and I would be willing to test out the mod. I'd like to test out France specifically!

Good luck with the mod!

Aelios said:
Hey Gabby, first of all I'd like to say that AR 1776 is an amazing mod already. I downloaded it today and commenced testing, my video config. is listed.

I ran in DirectX 7
Pixel Shaders on
Load Tex. on demand
Fullscreen 1280 x 768
Texture detail 100%
Battle size 250
Anti-Aliasing off
Shadow Quality low
Character detail high
Max ragdoll
all the options listed under Dynamic lighting and such are on.
* indicates an error or bug was found.
I followed the instructions, and created my character, the initial fight worked fine, no errors or bugs here.
*(?)I went to the Albany tavern, and I noticed the NPC named Friedrich Adolf Riedesel's dialog says that he is a female.
I left, and attacked a herd of deer, no errors, although I noticed that they still make the sounds of a horse.
*I then attacked a U.S caravan, and I noticed something odd, I'm assuming it's a texture error, the photo is listed below.
*I also noticed that the compass in battle does not change position at all. It remains in its starting position.
*Certain trees are able to be walked through
*I then attacked a British caravan, no problems or errors except that I was able to walk through a boulder.
*There is a random Training Field off the coast of western Florida.

I'm going to do more testing later tonight and do some quests for the French.

Link to pics below:
http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii498/aelios1/

And congrats on the team for making such a great mod, I look forward to it's release!

Edit by Gab
pls manage your Testing report on this post not on PMs 
:wink:

RosstheBoss said:
GABRILDURO said:
ArtoisVoisey said:
Can i testing this version? I really love it!
Mmmh, I am not sure about how you could feedback about your Testing, then.
Your english was not that good ...and your previous comment not that great.  :twisted:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147421.msg4663738.html#msg4663738

Gab
i speak russian so i could help him give feedback and when will we get the download?
Id be willing to test out!! i play M&B a lot of the time and this week is spring break for me! i would love to test out any faction!! i play m&b warband for about 4 hours a day and love this time era! i would rather test any European country but that's alright if i get placed in Indians or bandits or something like that. :p i have been following you ever since 1755 old frontier v1 :grin:
EDIT: i would preferably be Holland or GB or USA i would mostly want to be on GB, second most on USA, and third most on Holland. thanks! oh and because you havent seen me on your other forums was because i only really followed you around and what your doing and didnt really find it necessary to make a forum account.

TESTING: Well.. it started off terribly for me, the intro thing is fine, the robber person comes in fine and the merchant comes in perfectly. but the thing about GB is taht its colonies are spread out way to far and i only managed to get 1 person from the town next to montreal, i recommend either moving the home city to Toronto, or putting more cities around the road, i had to fight almost all the looters with only 1 guy (of which kept dying) and for some reason i was experiencing lag? im not sure what that was but my warband runs perfectly. and thats all i have right now i will get back sorry about the really late testing, took 5 hours to download and people around the house kept exiting it out.

Kurgan#1 said:
Hey Gabby, i'd be more than happy to do testing for you, i'm housebound and don't work so I can put in a good bit of time.  I have a reasonable rig consisting of a Athlon 2 quadcore, HD5550 GC and 8g of RAM so it can take some punishment.  I've have previous experience of Beta testing as well so feel free to PM me.  I am also willing to help on any of your 3 titles. :smile:
uusak said:
Sorry for not replying fast  :oops: and no, im new to this game but this mod caught my interest  :mrgreen:
OK Gabby, just point out what you want tested and that will be my main focus, i'm just sort of floating between the 3 mods at the moment spending a day or so playing each one at a time at the moment.

Edit 11.35 p.m.  27/04/12  Any thoughts on a way to download the updated Mod?  The website still isn't working for me.

Yes,  :grin: looking forward to it.
Will work on this every evening and night. Hope it will be ready soon.

-23th APRIL
Download ok.
I'm playing. everything fine on the first glance.
You should give the link to the testers. Because  I havn't time to test much. I'm so sorry. On Friday I'm back. SO I don't have something to add ATM you should start the testphase to make fast progress. I will help you with Bugfixing Friday or Saturday.
Nevertheless I will play today some hours and give you feedback if I encounter something strange.

EDIT BY GABBY: my comments in CAPS  :wink:
- Flags of the nations are wrong. Think it is conected that the bandit layer is a flag, too
THINK SO TOO...
- noticed a button for Terrain generation. SHould it be there, what is it?
IT WAS THERE BEFORE AS WELL..AND ALLOWS THE PLAYER TO EDIT THE BATTLEFIELD IN THAT PLACE OF THE WORLD MAP
- The tournament guns are shooting arrows. Not in the battles. Have you added a new gun???HEHEHEHE  :cool: YES, BUT SOME STILL SET ON CROSSBOW... :mad:
-diplomacy works ... perfect.
YESS, PLENTY...BUT STILL SET ON CROSSBOW...
- Battles are fine. have done a few
I LOOOOVE THEM....ADDED MY OLD "RUINS&HIDEOUTS" IN BATTLEMAPS  :mrgreen:
- outpost works ... except can't demolish known bug. unconfirmed (couldn't get enough money to test it out big)
USE CTRL+X AND INGAME CHEATS TO TEST FASTER
- 1st mission still corrupted Inroquis town.
WROTE IN START MENU NOT TO USE THAT!!
- shooting is better and faster
YEP. SORRY FOR RELOAD WHILE WALKING...IS HARD CODED!!?
- Volleys working marvelous, its great. Love it every time I play it. xD
HEHEHEHE, YEP!!

uusak said:
Can I be a tester? Especially for España(Spain).
Thanks Gabrilduro will be looking forward to it :grin:
-First I noticed that its far too easy to join a faction(I joined with just 2 relationship with the Spanish lord)

-Second which most have noticed flags are all misplaced for example, Spain has Choctaws tribe's flag.

-Third when in combat some of my soldiers(recruits) don't face forward and end up getting slaughtered

Overall I think this is by far my most favorable mod to play. Great job Gabby! :grin: 

DarthTaco said:
Hey Gabby, i've been tracking this mod for well...ages, I've popped in once or twice and would love to test out the Native American tribes.
My issue is urgent, its that of a dead pc, and a laptop that can hardly run native. I'll try again but it isn't faring well.

My computer is currently screwed up. I will re install it from scratch and that will take me a couple days.

Profile: New character, commoner, former soldier bent on revenge starting at New Orleans

Apr 30th - Take 1

- When you choose to travel to New Orleans the second text screen you are shown still talks about Calradia and Shariz.

- Travelers are still using the original Calradian dialog when you ask them about their job.

- Spanish Standard bearer @ New Orleans castle asks me to "surrender or die" but when I refuse to surrender it doesn't start a fight. Looks like text pasted over whatever his dialog is supposed to be.

- Black screen while attempting to leave the castle through the front door. When I reach the town the screen remains black but I can hear the environmental sounds. After five alt-tabbings the video returns to normal. [A documented problem with Warband. Trying a fix]

- Video freezes or alternates between two frames (back and forth) in outdoor scenes. This happens often. More times than not solved by alt-tabbing. From time to time Crashes to Desktop (CTD)

- Recovering the game from the first savegame teleported me all the way from New Orleans to the training camp right outside New York.

- Wearing the Plain Tricorne or low black tricorne makes my beard dissapear temporarily. That could actually make you a millionaire if you manage to replicate the effect in the real universe. :smile:

- Black gloves model does not align with the character hands. You can see them clipping through.

- Starting a battle with the bandits from the intro quest (the first batch after recruiting the five soldiers) produced a CTD. Windows reports a runtime error; "Application requested runtime to end in an unusual way" [See this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,74166.0.html]

Bug or feature?:

- French uniforms are too bright. They are so white they glow.
- Bahamanian pirate hideout near Pensacola is marked with a flag instead of the usual hideout cave-like marker. I could not detect any pirate groups partying nearby.
- Spanish groups stuck at the beach trying to make it to San Juan (as previously reported by Emp). I noticed they lost interest after a while and moved on to other tasks. I'll look at those on the islands and see what they are doing once I get a ship.

Apr 30th - Take 2

- Colonel Tye's spontaneous dialog is triggered in the vicinity of tombeche. It still mentions Swadia and the "Elendah Forrest" (or something like that)

- I am getting the video freeze now on every battle. On 1.0 it happened from time to time only. I wonder if it has something to do with the game build. I'll try to run it using the latest version and see what happens. I had a similar problem with the Brytenwalda MOD, but it just happened once. My video card is decent enough and the drivers are up to date. [A documented problem with Warband. Trying a fix]

- I ran a couple of custom battles from the main screen and I did not experience the screen freeze at all. 50 AI's per side. Lots of musket fire.

- Got the following error on trying to initiate a battle with the looters of the initial quest (for the umpteenth time):

Script Error on (something, can't make out the word.) 2322:
invalid id troop id:71428400 line id:19
At dialog cond un id lga_looter_leader_1: looter_leader_2

- I am finding very few bandits around. That makes it hard to get any rep at first.

- I'm loving the music and the atmosphere as well as finding out that John Paul Jones was actually a jerk. I fired his ass from my team.

May 04

I've been doing a lot of testing back and forth to find the reason for the problems I'm having with the 3D battles. I tracked down the problems I've been having to a faulty memory module. It seems I've been working with only 2Gigs of system memory.

Version 1.0 of 1776 runs well enough, but 1.5 seems to require over 2 Gigs in order to work correctly. Native, as well as other mods I run (ex. Napoleonic, Brytenwalda), and high end games such as Arhkham Asylum and Mass Effect 3 seem to work well enough.

I'll get a new memory module on Monday and see if that solves the problem. Can you  gauge memory usage and tell me how much the MOD is using during a 3D battle?

May 08

I am running WB under Steam now. I tweaked the virtual memory and the OS memory limit per program and I installed new memory modules (which I had to do anyway). I started with a fresh character in a new city.

Back on the saddle, this time as a Continental. I noticed that the Continental officer uniform turns very reflective when you wear white gloves or some types of boots. It looks like metal. Also, some of the uniforms seem to 'lack' a female version. And the continental Marine hat doesn't fit well if you have a bulky hairstyle (Your hair shows through).

There are very few level 2 horses available. I've only found a single steppe horse in one of the six towns I've visited so far.  Most horses so far are level 3's (even the mules).

Old Crumbs and Idibil need a dialog review. They are still their old Calradian-selves. 

I like the uniforms and horses. I have all my NPC's (I mean, the three I have recruited so far) wearing matching continental uniforms.

I like the "Palisade Castles". They seem right for the time period.

I like the scalping knife shield. It is useful and looks right. Is there a Tomahawk shield?

I like the music. Love it. I wish there was more of it.

The map.... It is upside down (North and South). I like the general idea of it, but I find it way too big and the towns are too far apart. It slows down trade and the action of the game. My first impression of it was great, specially due to the fact that it included the Caribbean islands and all that. Now I wish it was smaller and wonder if the islands are going to be more trouble than they are worth in terms of functionality (stranded lords and caravans).

I still have periodic crashes and the computer seems to be struggling at some points (such as the world map). I am having fun though.

Updated on May 13 2230h

OK!!! DONE!!  :mrgreen:
Sent dwld link to ALL Testers up above :
I advise all you new Testers though, that what I ask is tough work, real tough.

I need a detailed and well written list of issues and full comments.
Every Faction or Quest assigned to each of you Testers, will have to be played in an exausting way BUT.... as soon as possible, please.

Please in this Topic, let s ALL try to limit at minimum new posts, just edit your first one.

You can discuss/comment/ask things in the new one opened by good AURIS here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222939.0.html

In this Topic please just keep ONE editable Post...kind of like these :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211556.0.html

Thx to you all

Gabby
PS. Added all major comments and indications down below....
PLEASE READ THIS POST TWICE, so you know exactly what to do, ok TESTERS??  :twisted:
GABRILDURO said:
@Empress Meg
Oh, you are welcome Meg!!
Glad you liked my offer and I can feel you will deeply test that side!!
Thx and feedback soon with that PM :wink:
Gab

@ Marshal_Ney thx for helping out Stiggy...he is kind of..."stiggy" sometimes... :razz:...but he did candidate up above and I already added him (and you!!) on the list up above  :wink:
@ stiggy ....may you pleas kindly make a gentle effort to spend some more words when posting comments? ....
Anyway, I will send you all the link in some more days, be sure.

GABRILDURO said:
BeanyUndead said:
I would love to test this mod.  :grin: I have no real preference regarding testing areas so assign me where you wish. I am an English and History teacher if that helps with my placing.
HEYYYY Bean!!!  :shock: :lol: :lol:
Nice to see you around again!!!
Sure!
Any preference??

Gab
PLS just edit your existing post when you answer, ok? So we keep this topic very direct  :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
BeanyUndead said:
HEYYYY Bean!!!  :shock: :lol: :lol:
Nice to see you around again!!!
Sure!
Any preference??

Gab
PLS just edit your existing post when you answer, ok? So we keep this topic very direct  :wink:

gaham1 said:
Im doing fine, thank you. Thanks for adding me!

PS. Will we get PMed when the testing is ready?
You are welcome, c'mon....I need deep testers like you experienced player can be!  :cool:
And yessss, you all will get a PM with Link.
Unfortunately work on some fixes is taking me for ever !! :mad:
....and so many scenes are still not fine.

TESTERS!
Hurry up and candidate for Testing.
But please, just experienced M&B players,
better if good in my Mods already
...and the BEST, if are some of my old Gabrilduro's Supporters!!! hehehe

Gabby

PS C'mon folks!!!....some big support to this Huge 1776 New Version Mod!
I m coming back working on it full time and I d like to see hundreds of Supporter Pics on your Profiles!! :twisted:
LAST EDIT:
Plaese copy and paste again your Supporter Pic CODE!!!
Some were not updated and wouldn t work (try to click your pic and you ll see  :???: ).
So today I just COMPLETELY REDONE ALL of them!!  :cool:
Here you can choose one/or more
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,221872.0.html

DarthTaco said:
Hey Gabby, i've been tracking this mod for well...ages, I've popped in once or twice and would love to test out the Native American tribes.
CIAO Darty!!  :grin:

Yes...of course I remember you... :twisted:
Now I m sure you will be a great Tester of my Mods, and 1776 for sure.
GREAT choice Natives!!! Not many like play as them...most just like to fight them... :???:
Counting on you for this and ....dwld Link coming soon to all people I added up above.

Marshal_Ney said:
So... will you give the testers some guidelines on what you want us to review/critique?
i.e. detail, historical accuracy etc.

Everything, but mostly:
Bugs, playability and skills/accuracy, etc. ...mostly according to the specific Testing Role I assigned to each of you, of course.

First step: Auris will get my finished version soon, will check it and add his work/modifications.

Then I decided to have a first general Test of the mod, with you all up above making the best description of your testing adventure and a full list of things noticed.

At the end, the best Testers will get the final version to check it out very very seriously . :razz:

Please use this Topic ONLY:
-to candidate for testing and ..
-post ONLY a single editable comment, when you will test.

Comments and general questions about new version here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222939.0.html

Gabby

PS ....best thing to support and help me and this mod is getting a Supporter Pic.
I suggest those last ones I made, cuz it links to all my Mods and for ppl to see that is a 1776 NEW version

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.0.html[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/battle20of20oriskany202.jpg/][IMG]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6756/battle20of20oriskany202.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

revolutionarywar1.jpg

Code:
][URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.0.html][IMG]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2844/revolutionarywar1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

- -- UNLOCKED, you can edit your Post now after a deeeep Testing, first  .--
Please post here if you have urgent or bad issues
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222939.msg5437126.html#msg5437126

zac said:
could i test GB ? just tell me what u want to do. :wink:
Sorry but due to recent computer issues and steam updates/internet issues i will most likely not be able to have a look at the game for at least a couple of day...sorry for the incoveniance. :sad:

Edit by Gabby:
Gghh...I know, sorry for that... :cry:
Pls try what Warkaholic suggested. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,227612.0.html
Is very easy. I have most of old M&B version copied and saved in a folder called -M&B- and I still play old Mods from there 
:wink:
If you can still work on Testing, please EDIT THIS post, only and add all Testing comments here. Thx.  :grin:

well finally got around to playing :smile:

from my first impression it is a great game with obly the crashes as per the older version,

the lace on the british tricorn doesnt show, suggest using the same as per the 1755 hat
bot sometimes wouldnt follow cammands
if possible some of the uniforms could be re done
didnt notice any arrows :smile:
recruitment in some places caused crashes, will get names shortly
some scenes crashed computer and inside 1 castle in the Canada area i couldn't get out of the dungeon area, no doors

will add more shortly.

but it is still very playable and love the french marine hats :smile:

Marshal_Ney said:
Can I please be a tester? I'd prefer France or Holland, but I don't really care.. :mrgreen:

Will you give the testers some guidelines on what you want us to review/critique?
i.e. detail, historical accuracy etc.
I don't know if they'll fit, as I need my other two signatures, too: One is for my MM regiment, and the other is from Twilight of the Sun King, a mod I helped out a little with. I think there still would be some room, though, so could you scale down the signatures a bit?
EDIT: I guess I can remove my regiment's signature...
EDIT EDIT: Never mind, I scaled it down myself :wink:
Just in case anyone wants to know the size, after the "
battle20of20oriskany202.jpg
[/URL]
Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.0.html[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/battle20of20oriskany202.jpg/][IMG]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6756/battle20of20oriskany202.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/spoiler]
This will be the post that I edit.

I'm having some... difficulties with the download :/
For some reason, half-way through the download I got an error message. It says it "can't find blah-blah-blah file", and aborts the download.

Edit by Gab:wink:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222939.msg5450603.html#msg5450603

EDIT: Sorry!

Aurelien said:
Buon giorno messere GABRILDURO:grin:
I'll be more than happy to dedicate my free-time to test France (How original from me.)
If the France tester place is still available, of course :wink:
Bonne soirée.

Ciao.
-----------------------------------------------
Edit by Gabrilduro:
I am absolutely proud and happy, Monsieur!!  :cool:
I know you from foruming and it will be an honor to have you dedicated to test FRANCE.
Merci beaucoup
Gabby :wink:
------------------------------------------------
Edit by Aurélien:
Thank you and it's my pleasure!
It's an honor to test one of your mods, you're making our community live, and grow, through your mods and it's damn awesome.

Buonasera mio cugino europeo!  :grin:
------------------------------------------------

Hey GABRILDURO
I'm waiting to get my new PC this week end, and as soon as i set it up i'll be testing the mod!
I'm looking forward to it, but i sadly won't be able to spend as much time as i thought i would on it, since i found a new but very demanding job. :grin:
Anyway, have a good day/night!

Ciao

Ok. Things that happen, sometime. And a good job is more important than a game!!  :wink:
Thx for feedbacking, at least....some Testers are not even sending a word.... :roll:
Gab

Please may I test the updated mod
stiggy said:
Ok thanks gabby will do

-works fine with steam update for me

-recruiters imediatly beaten in battle 1 second after you leave your fort even with no enemies around
-dutch still put arms out straight maybe physics is not finished

Edit by Gabby:
PLEEEEEASE Stiggy....read my long post up above. I asked to EDIT YOUR POST, adding new things every time!!!!!! Stop making new posts, please. I deleted 5 of yours, already!! ...and I copied and pasted them to this one, everytime.  :roll:
Thx
Gab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom