Mele idea

Users who are viewing this thread

A young vampire

Knight at Arms
I've had this idea for some new attacks for a while now. I don't know if you guys like it, but I think it would make mele more interesting and better looking.

I hope you can forgive my "lovely" handwriting :razz:
skanna0001.png

The "Pow!'' just makes it perfect, but in all seriousness, Bayonets used to have 4 attack directions, this is a really awesome idea for other directions, should the devs decide they want to add more than 2 attack directions to bayonets  :smile:

The idea of the butt-stomping left and right attacks is genius. Not so sure about the secondary thrust though. Also like the detailed drawing. :smile:

As much as I like the idea (which I really really do), I fear that the creators of the DLC won't include it.

Comrade Temuzu said:
How come?

Having not played 1866 I can't comment on it, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the attacks not matching with the blocks.

Comrade Temuzu said:
How come?

The animations were terrible, you couldn't tell which direction the attack was coming from, the range was rubbish and the attack just looked pathetic.

The bigger issue IMO was that the animation was attached to all weapons of that type, so the spades/shovels or two handed swords had that ridiculous "hit them with the butt" style animation.

The result was that fights consisted of two people flailing around like idiots hoping they got the kill before someone with a gun shot either of them. Reminds me somewhat of this.

Side swings do make sense when it comes historically, but it doesn't seem very "professional" to do so either. Side swinging would feel too much like Native Warband with two-handers, and people would prefer side swinging over stabbing. Not to mention it could ruin the purpose of an overhead attack, because side-swinging is more quick to use. Still, the game is more about stabbing people, and that kind of helps differ M&M from Native.

Back
Top Bottom