23rd (Royal Welch Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot

Users who are viewing this thread

23rd (Royal Welch Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot
This Regiment is part of the 5th "Flashheart's" Brigade of the British Army

♦ Regimental History ♦
The Royal Welch Fusiliers was an infantry regiment of the British Army, part of the Prince of Wales' Division. It was founded in 1689 to oppose James II and the imminent war with France. The regiment was numbered as the 23rd Regiment of Foot, though it was one of the first regiments to be granted the honour of a fusilier title and so was known as The Welsh Regiment of Fusiliers from 1702. The "Royal" accolade was earned fighting in the War of the Spanish Succession in 1713.
It was one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh. In the Boer War and throughout the First World War, the army officially called the regiment "The Royal Welsh Fusiliers" but the archaic "Welch" was officially restored to the regiment's title in 1920 under Army Order No.56. During those decades, the regiment itself unofficially used the "Welch" form. The regiment was amalgamated with the Royal Regiment of Wales (RRW) on 1 March 2006, to become 1st Battalion, The Royal Welsh (RRW becoming the 2nd Bn).

♦ Roster ♦
Lord Flashheart (Colonel-in-Chief)

Senior Officers
Colonel:23rd_Welch_Pete9884
Lieutenant Colonel: None
Major:23rd_Welch_Maj_Marauder

Junior Officers
Captain:23rd_Welch_Capt_Shane
Lieutenant:23rd_Welch_Lt_RayRAy
Ensign:None

Non Commissioned Officers (NCOs)
Sergeant Major:None
Colour Sergeant:None
Sergeant 23rd_Welch_Sgt_Joe
Corporal:None

Enlisted
Fusilier [Fus]
Private [Pte]
Cadet [Cdt]
Recruit [Rct]

♦ Training ♦
Server Details: 1er_RDI_Training
Teamspeak 3 Details: 176.9.42.19

Training will be at the following times:

Friday, Sat & Sun: 1800-1900 GMT

♦ Ranks and Awards ♦
Ranks

n Senior Officers
Colonel [Col]
Lieutenant Colonel [LtCol]
Major [Maj]

Junior Officers
Captain [Capt]
Lieutenant [Lt]
Ensign [Ens]

Non Commissioned Officers (NCOs)
Sergeant Major [SGM]
Colour Sergeant [CSgt]
Sergeant [Sgt]
Corporal [Cpl]

Enlisted
Fusilier [Fus]
Private [Pte]
Cadet [Cdt]
Recruit [Rct]

♦ Recruitment ♦
(Open)
The 23rd recruit from across the world - all that is required is that you are able to understand English well and are able to use Teamspeak 3. I've based this regiment on the philosophy "Have a laugh but get the job done." This means:

1. This is a game, the whole point of it is to have fun. Just know where the line is and don't take stuff over the top.
2. I expect and encourage banter between our soldiers, but once again - know the line and don't cross it. Keep it within the regiment, as other people may take it the wrong way.
3. Unless you tell me or another officer otherwise, I expect you to turn up to trainings and Line Battles. I don't mind if you simply don't want to play tonight or you're playing another game, just let me know so that I have a rough idea of what numbers I'll have. Like I said in rule 1 - this is a game and we're all here to have fun. I'm not going to force people to play.
4. Finally, I do expect applicants to have some level of maturity. I don't mind what your age is, as long as you are aware that one of my pet hates is immature people who always take the joke too far or constantly ignore orders.

I would like to think that I'm an easy going person, and as long as you don't intentionally disobey orders or act like a tool, then I'll stay that way. I enjoy this game and I especially enjoy fighting in Line Battles, and I'm looking for people who enjoy that or want to start enjoying that. If, after reading this, you would like to join then please fill in the following:

Name:
Steam ID (Or a link to your profile page):
Experience in the game before: (This wont affect your application, I just want to get an idea)
Do you understand the rules of the Regiment?

[/center/]​

Steam ID: Decimator
Nationality: English
Experience in the game before: Limited, but I have played a lot of With Fire and Sword so I kind of get the gist of things :grin:
Do you understand the rules of the Regiment? Yes I do

EDIT: Never mind

Steam ID: froyodeyoyo2
Nationality: United States of America
Experience: None, but I have played Mount and Blade With Fire and Sword, So I'm pretty good with a musket. Also, I have joined other regiments in different games so I know what it's like to have to go to training, and be active in a regime.
Do you understand the rules of the Regiment: Yes

Name: K.Pong
Nationality: American
Experience in the game before:None
Do you understand the rules of the Regiment:Yes

Back
Top Bottom