Developer Commentary #1

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not really surprised, I've never had much respect for these 'developers', you should know that using copy-righted material in what's basically an advertisement for your for-profit DLC could very easily get you into some legal debt. Might want to address that, if you can be bothered. Quite possibly not since I never saw any proof that you even had permission to use those sounds from the BG2 mod you had in ages ago.

Actually, do you still have those? That'd be great because then there'd by someone else's IP actually in your for-profit DLC as well.

In conclusion, tangent aside, if you're going to try to do business, you might want to be a lot more careful with other people's property than you have in past.

Austupaio said:
While I'm not really surprised, I've never had much respect for these 'developers', you should know that using copy-righted material in what's basically an advertisement for your for-profit DLC could very easily get you into some legal debt. Might want to address that, if you can be bothered. Quite possibly not since I never saw any proof that you even had permission to use those sounds from the BG2 mod you had in ages ago.

Actually, do you still have those? That'd be great because then there'd by someone else's IP actually in your for-profit DLC as well.

In conclusion, tangent aside, if you're going to try to do business, you're might want to be a lot more careful with other people's property than you have in past.
Whatchu talkin' bout? NW has some copyright content in it?

@Mr. T Probably has a lot to do with a bunch of extremely unlikeable chaps being given money by a dev team that's been disappointing quite a large number of people lately.

That's not really the point though, all insult aside, they really ought not use copy-righted material in their videos for their own sake.

@Temuzu, I don't know if the DLC does, not having access to it and not having played M&M since it still had Asians in it, but their trailer does.

I know, that was ages ago. It had Ashigaru, don't worry though, it's not like them removing the Asians was something I'm complaining about. IIRC, the art assets for them were.. not great.

And Samurai.
Austupaio said:
@Temuzu, I don't know if the DLC does, not having access to it and not having played M&M since it still had Asians in it, but their trailer does.
Hmm, so sounds from BG2? Dunno, doesnt seem like Taleworlds would let something like that slip.

Sorry, I'll clarify.

The trailer has images from the Total War series in it. Possibly sounds but I didn't really watch it any further than that.

Some patch a while back implemented new sounds and they turned out to be from BG2 and there was some dispute as to whether or not the M&M team had any permission to use them, but unless they're still there, it's not relevant.

It's extremely relevant if they are though, as then they wouldn't just be advertising with another's property, they'd be selling it.

Austupaio said:
Sorry, I'll clarify.

The trailer has images from the Total War series in it. Possibly sounds but I didn't really watch it any further than that.
Are you talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9IjJqlr31I

Because if you are, then I believe you are pretty badly mistaken.

The images with in the first couple seconds are loading screens from Empire and Napoleon Total War.

Wow, just read about Goker as well, and to think I had decided to be more civil.

**** it, I'll just send an email straight to the Total War contacts, and BG2 for that matter. If you want to be a corporate dogs, you'll have to deal with them too.

Austupaio said:
The images with in the first couple seconds are loading screens from Empire and Napoleon Total War.

Wow, just read about Goker as well, and to think I had decided to be more civil.

**** it, I'll just send an email straight to the Total War contacts, and BG2 for that matter. If you want to be a corporate dogs, you'll have to deal with them too.
Yeah, about that, you do realize that DiplexHeated is not an official channel for NW, and the intro is infact in no way related to NW or FSE, if you had checked the actual channel you would see that Diplex does all sorts of lets plays and so on with that intro in there. The Developer Diary is just a fan video.

Youre trying really hard arent you :lol:

Let me just state that you are badly mistaken in all of this and you should watch your tone.

- The Mount and Musket MOD used BG2 musket reloading sounds with permission. These are not included in the DLC, we bought our reload sounds from Sounddogs.com.
- Cannon shot sounds in the MOD were also from BG2, With permission, we have new Cannon fire sounds, made by Sven Gerlach a german sound designer, all paid for.
- This Video you speak off with the starting screen, it is not our property, it is DiplexHeatedHD his channel and his video, he uses that startup screen for all his video's If he has permission to do so is not up to us, he is a reporter that got access to the beta, he is not part of the FSE company or has any direct relations as such.

If you have any legal complaints about a youtube video, talk to the guy that made it.
If you have any legal complaints about any game content, make sure that the complaints are legit.

I consider this resolved, if not your free to make a fool out of yourself in public, or try to sue me in dutch courts about a youtube video not made by me.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Maxim.

You don't seem to realise that the Dev Commentary was filmed and released by DiplexHeated - an external YouTube vid maker who's making previews at his own discretion, as he is not employed or financially affiliated with the dev team (as far as I know). DiplexHeated is liablely responsible for any copyright infringements (if he has even made any - highly doubt what he has done constitutes it), and certainly not the Dev team.

As for sounds in the DLC, I know that most of the sounds have been recorded specifically for the DLC (especially the music) and thus don't infringe on any copyrights. As for other sounds, I'm certain they've made sure they have legal permission to use them in the DLC.

This topic-starter is horribly ignorant, misinformed and plain rude.

Evan

EDIT: Vince pretty much told you and this thread has laughabley failed.

Ah, you're quite correct, I had seen the link in some official capacity and was wrong, I'll accept that. I'll lock this as I find your answers very reasonable.

you should watch your tone.
Or what? You'll ban me because I offended you? Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom