Get in the game you big turds!

Users who are viewing this thread

vtz said:
They confirmed they're releasing the game this year. Plus, no one played Vikingr for quite a few months before I came with my event. I'd certainly play Vikingr if someone makes a regular event after Bannerlord release, but I'm most likely not going to continue mine then

That's a shame :cry: Last Shieldwall event was my first Vikingr event and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I plan on attending religiously from now on. Even though I'm late to the party, I've learned a ton from you lot just by reading the threads of this board. And from everything I've read here, as well as some videos that I've watched on youtube, I believe this was the greatest community of any mod for me personally. So I definitely regret not discovering this sooner.

All in all, I certainly hope the Vikingr group will continue to exist after the release of Bannerlord, regardless of whether the platform will be Bannerlord or Vikingr, or both.

Apart from the vikingr is not dead community on steam, are there any other ways in which we can keep the (ex) members of this community connected through Bannerlord?

vtz said:

Oh yes! Now let us try to get as many currently active people in there as we can.
I see you've already put it at the top of the weekly event thread. Maybe it's an idea to also put it in the server welcome message during events? As well as the TS server details.

Could we also put an announcement up in the official steam group? I think that might possibly pull some old players who don't read the forums anymore to the event.

@DatFrog!: Very promising idea if you could get it to work with SimRai. 

I've never been anyone important in Vikingr and thus I don't have any admin rights in Vikingr steamgroup. However, Thorkell made an annoucement of my event when it was first hosted, and it's currently on top of announcements list.

Warner said:
I see you've already put it at the top of the weekly event thread. Maybe it's an idea to also put it in the server welcome message during events?
I guess it's a good point, I'll do that right away. (You might've not noticed as you did not attend previous Saturday, but now the welcome messega actually contains something :wink:

Yes, I'm pretty sure the only thing you need is uploading the module and changing the commandline so that the server will move on this module. However, the problem is Vikingr is in a separate folder and does not work like a casual mod - it has all the files different, not just the module.
But hey, why would you worry about all that stuff? I'm pretty sure that if you talked to Rai on Steam and told him you just need a temporary server for a one-time event, he'd do that for free :smile: Just make sure to switch the server off and ask Rai to remove that server after the event and you'll be fine.

You could use your rented server for any mod but Vikingr, I believe. For the Vikingr server, just ask him :smile: Good luck, I really miss big Vikingr events. I attended two, and both were just awesome.

Thanks a lot to all Vikingr modders, players, veterans for all the years of great battling, laughing and crying!!!

Regards and all the best,

Old One

That was me, incognito, throwing a severed head in your face, by the way.

On another note, Bleddyn, Hrútr, and I are waiting on Hildileikr. EDIT: And Helgi and Eiríkr.

Back
Top Bottom