Native Completed BLS's Battle for Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't received any server volunteers yet.

I will allow anyone who wants to play on a server in the intercontinental us to play.

So yes you can play. I don't know what servers will volunteer for this event yet. You can play your 1v1s and 2v2s on any duel server.

Plans are in the works for a BLS server by April. I will know more Friday.

As the tournament progresses, the biggest concern would be scheduling. In other tournaments people have trouble scheduling and fielding people even with substitutes and fixed teams. Here you are going to have growing and, potentially, constantly changing teams. Meeting the "scrim every week" requirement is going to be tough.

I have seen many sports teams fall apart due to scheduling. Usually the paintball and ping pong teams stick together the best. The football ones fall apart the most.

When I was an admin for Fragged Nations I saw a bunch of fps teams fall apart, and many  more keep it together. It's a bit easier for online gaming. You don't have to drive anywhere, and weather doesn't bother you.

I don't hassle around those who can't schedule. Whoever puts the least amount of effort into scheduling will lose if they fail to play their match. Losing doesn't knock you out of the game.

I have confidence in warband players. The average age of warband players is in the late 20s. They can be treated like anyone that signs up for intramural sports.

This is going to be fun, crazy, and unpredictable.

Right now I have a one in three chance of winning my own prize though. That's pretty good odds I'd say.

Edit: did anyone else notice that I had said Caldaria instead of Calradia at first lol oops

Edit: modified logistics section again.

John7 said:
bajatmerc said:
Morrowind was the bomb!

Probably the best theme of all time as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuNf4gxwuM

That's enough nostalgia for me. Don't want to tear up. I might have a heart attack if a Skyrim graphics mod came to Morrowind. As it is, I can't play it on steam at all. ATI graphics cards and the Morrowind sun don't get along. I had played it on console long and slow. Gotta stop right there before I get carried away.

scope022 said:
Elberl : Swadian : Scope
I am going to need to note scope022 if you don't have a clan so that I don't get you mixed up with other Scopes.

Edit: Why didn't you say you were Wappaw_Scope. Dang it man, I'm a host not a doctor psychic.

bajatmerc said:
John7 said:
bajatmerc said:
Morrowind was the bomb!

That's enough nostalgia for me. Don't want to tear up. I might have a heart attack if a Skyrim graphics mod came to Morrowind. As it is, I can't play it on steam at all. ATI graphics cards and the Morrowind sun don't get along. I had played it on console long and slow. Gotta stop right there before I get carried away.

I could show you this certain graphical enhancement that would make you drool and want to play morrowind so badly

I wont though

We dont need more heart attacks D:

I saw a graphical enhancement that looked cool. It was on par with Oblivion. I could not sink as much time as I did into my first character, and the whole time I played would only be trying to reattain the holy grail that my character was for me. One that Indoril helms will always remind me of. I had a dark elf who used a soul bound battleaxe, almost always implementing overhead swings.

----------------------------------------------

I am trying to find the default banners for the factions, or at least what size they were so I can find them. I want to mark on the map what location has these flags.

Nords.jpg

This website shows the defaults.

I use the NA banner pack. I would like to put the faction flags on the game map though.

John7 said:
bajatmerc said:
Morrowind was the bomb!

I totally agree, Morrowind was my first favorite game of all time. I remember always getting Moonshadow at the beginning of the game just so I could successfully steal the one Indoril helmet that's in Vivec.  :lol:

The map just got a whole lot cooler.
The rules got a whole lot cooler.

We are going to randomize the starting locations from here forward.

If you have already registered, you may keep your current location or ask for a random location to be picked for you. I don't want people to try to hold back registering because they want to see where people start.

Shortened match rounds per map to 3 rounds per map. I want the matches to be less than an hour.

Cool.

I also have another thing everyone should enjoy.

http://whenisgood.net/Videos

This site is great for any kind of event really. But it will most likely be crucial for this particular one.

Welcome MrNevino1!

I have assembled the list of the locations.

Khergit
Ada Kulun
Amashke
Asugan Castle
Bhulaban
Bulugar
Dashbigha
Dirigh Aban
Distar Castle
Dugan
Dusturil
Halmar