Brutality Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

What about rather than preventing recruitment from villages that you don't own, make it so that you can recruit but doing so pisses off the faction and/or Lord who owns the village. Basically you are stealing his property, I think that justifies attacks on sight. Perhaps also make recruitment harder in this case, requiring more reputation with the village to get recruits?

Or if this is too easy for Brutality mode, it could perhaps be a separate toggle option for non-Brutality mode?

<edit> Who changed my avatar and why?  :shock:

<edit2> Ah very funny, it changes with every page load.

I know you're sick of me suggesting this every few months or so...but what would really go well with Brutality mode or any "Extra Difficulty" train of thought is:

Choppable or hackdown Doors during Sieges.  Why Not?  Multiplayer has it so it must be possible.

I'd rather have that scary possibility to watch out for then to look for 2 laters on a wall.    Not that all the beautiful work Done for the Siege add on was not appreciated.  Excellent job for those.

Even if you can't get the AI to run different routes  (ala one group to ladder and a seperate group to assault a door)  It still would be a Great single player option to be able to tell your HEROS to follow me and run to the back of a castle and chop the door down.

That would ROCK!  Somebody has to agree with that?????
"O"

When i first started the game it asked me to enable Brutality Mode, now i want to start from over without this mode but it doesn't ask me to choose. Now will it be enable or disable when i start a new game?

I loved attacking the Dark Knights, I tricked one of them into joining me and that gave me all of their buildings then I indicted him for treason

Hey I am new to this site but I love the game. The premise you have is great. I've been waiting for someone to add a dynastic feel to this game that would imcorporate death and succesion like the old Sword of Damocles for Mount and Blade. I can appreciate the Brutality angle but why not give the player character the opportunity to settle and build his own castle, or claim  lands.  This will give them an opportunity to rise...Hey as a matter of fact what if  there were just one gov't center and all others were independant? Alliances could be made through marriages and politcs and bloodlines to create new dynasties, and revolt with the ultimate claim the real crown of Calradia. Can this be done?  I think with a serious death code option this would expand the scope of the game. 

I tried to do this mode and figured out how to start.
Here is what I did.
Start -->

0. --> got forced citizens --> raised them --> they are not strong and die easily --> couldn't get this troop type often --> failed
1. --> got Mercenary --> spammed cavalry Mercenary -> no money --> failed + Mercenary calvary is too weak to use
2. --> got Mercenary --> spammed range Mercenary --> got town --> getting attacked by 1000+ men --> failed

so I think I will do massive range Mercenary next game.
---------------
Note: at first, I thought I would try to get castles but since they are rare to besiege by AI so it was cancelled.
---------------

This mode is really hard and the game often likes this.

first --> everyone makes a truce
30-40 days later --> declare the war, targeting on cities
about 60 days later --> DK comes and gets about 4-5 towns then stop and start to lose

After playing for a while, I still feel that DK should get more cities or ruin the map more than this like
Sword of Damocles : imperial invasion (about 80+ lords invading the map and conquering all the map at the end like zombies.)

Another thing I found out is when I hit praven queen by using ivory arrow and a good bow(15p), she got only 30+ damage... on the first shot... oh well...

Also, I have a question. What the weapon that swadian priest uses? (blunt weapon)

I understand the thought process behind removing training and surgery skills, but my question would be why not just limit their potential?  For instance, if training is locked in at -4, why not just have that be a penalty?  Or change the values for each level?  Similar with surgery.  The reason I bring this up is because from the outside you have two factors, one: they are both INT abilities, and two: its kind of like adding health to enemies; it's a fake difficulty.  You could get the same effect by not allowing the player to swing to the left.

Obviously the purpose of this mode is to make it hardest of the hard.  So I'm not saying this because I envy this mode and want to play.  I'm more speaking from a logical viewing of the matter.  Obviously training represents in-camp preparation of troops, which when disabled assumes the troops will only level up and get better in the heat of battle.  As a commander, that's stupid.  Not drilling your recruits to make it harder on yourself is a silly notion at best, downright idiotic to any casual observer.  Surgery is a bit of the same, but though I understand completely why you'd remove it (eventually nobody dies!), I do question why not just limit its function.  Right now it's a 5% increase?  How about a .5% increase with a 5% hard cap?

But most of all, if you static two abilities, you remove those sinks and free up points to go elsewhere.  I would posit if you deemed it reasonable to disable it, it is also reasonable to think they must be a little popular.  And for all intents and purposes, if the player wanted that kind of difficulty they could just not invest.

Brutality is a pet extension of mine which targets specific areas of the game I feel are imbalanced in favor of the player. It's not going for realism - though I AM striving to maintain non-fake-difficulty for NE by itself. For Brutality, don't expect it to be fair, or reasonable or even playable.

Brutality rocks but i dont think it goes far enough :smile: in 3 hours of play time on my first ever time on this ive got an army of 50 vaegirs 20 of them high end to top tier bowmen and 30 high end to top tier infantry ( im gonna toss them in favor of nords ) and 3 companions plus 4 dye shops.

Once id got my first 25 or so vaegirs to bowmen and seargents i started tearing throgh bandits and the like easily and now my missile units can virtually kill full groups of bandits and severely harm merc bands :smile:.
Although on mercs i do purposely headshot horses just incase they make it past the wall of arrows my men unleash on them.

Only bit i found thats good is that the better companions are exspensive and take time to convince to join im planning to toss all the basic companions in favor of a small group of the stronger ones.

Hey Soul, Love your take on it....

I was just thinking, since you're making it harder(in Brutality mode) could you:

Possibly add random events that affect or attrition your troops?

Examples:

* A fire burnt down your Blacksmith shop, Thus now during siege defence battles you don't get unlimited arrows?  5 days to get it up and running again?

* Does morale ever waiver During Siege Battles?  Regardless if you're the attacker or the defender... I don't recall ever seeing this?

* When a castle or Town has a certain level of occupancy ( set by you ... Or perhaps by player :smile: )  Everything is fine.  But when you over crowd it with MANY troops and / or horses.  There is a chance for Death, disease or sickness:  This can be implemented by saying; " Due to the cramped living conditions, some of your garrison has died or fallen gravely ill"  (whereby you just delete from the players garrison at a random percentage.

* If you camp out side a castle or town...shouldn't there be a chance that "Assasins" could find or try to kill you there as well?
Perhaps the only reason you were caught alone is that all your men were asleep except of a few lookouts and "THEY" were taken out...then you have to face the silent killers alone.

This last suggestion is kinda cool I think, i've been wishing for expanded options for when you "Speak to castle commanders" during a siege. 

My idea is that perhaps if you meet certain criteria:  Like having used precious points on "Persuation" and /or "Tactics"  to make them High and perhaps also if you out- number the garrison by a certain percentage, then mabe a small amount of the garrison would FLEE.  Thus making capturing the castle or town even easier. 

Mabe in Brutality mode, your men might flee if the attacking force meets these criteria and calls for a surrender?  That truely would be brutal!!! 

soulmata said:
Brutality is a pet extension of mine which targets specific areas of the game I feel are imbalanced in favor of the player. It's not going for realism - though I AM striving to maintain non-fake-difficulty for NE by itself. For Brutality, don't expect it to be fair, or reasonable or even playable.

I tried this mod for a while. Its so friggen Brutal. oh well, more realistic and fun. imma cast this mod in Youtube channel

Might wanna make it so that We can recruit mercs at a lower price tho... it so friggen hard.

Meh that is kind of the point of mercs.
There mid to high end troops ready to go there supposed to be exspensive to encourage you to use men from villages and to increase relations in villages to recruit higher teir units faster.

mesor said:
There mid to high end troops ready to go there supposed to be exspensive to encourage you to use men from villages and to increase relations in villages to recruit higher teir units faster.
thats the point, you can't recruit village troops in brutality

Weird i can.
Guess thats another of the changes my friend made.

Ill have to get him to tell me them all at some point but the village troops have proven worthless anyway they die to fast and a small merc force is all ive needed.

jimbowuahoo said:
mesor said:
thats the point, you can't recruit village troops in brutality
you can't recruit nobles in cities, i assume this is what you were trying to say

do you get this message from every village or just a certain faction? maybe other villages in this faction will let you recruit their peasants, maybe you just have a bad relationship with this lord? or with the entire faction?

Back
Top Bottom