LSP 3D Art SacredStoneHead's Nord Armor Set (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that the armor looks like varangian guard armor.
varangian_guard.jpg

I known that it is not a exact match, but he does have similar equipment. Like the vambraces,mail covering his face and lamellar armor.The lamellar armor on the huscarl armor is made for three or two sheet of leather rivet. The on the varangian guard could be made form small pieces horn cut into scale shapes pieces or leather like this one.
Viking_Lamellar_Armor_by_hollow_reenact.jpg

SacredStoneHead maybe you could add other helmets like valsgarde 6 helmets and valsgard 5 helmet or the other valsgarde helmets
38b.jpg

valsgard 5 helmet
50b.jpg

@duckwolf2:

I'm already struggling to find time and patience to finish the last one, I can't promise anything.

Also, I'm not happy with the current results, the pelt is looking kinda meh, and the leather armor is looking very bland.

The core of the question is, Warband's skeleton sucks, Warband shaders sucks, so every time I get a bit excited to work on it, I remember I'll have a painful amount of work to make things look only half-decent, and man, that's discouraging.

But I have to finish it, I promised it and I'll do it. Just don't be expecting more variants out of it :sad:

Getting back to work, hopefully I think I can finish that one this week, hope I get it right this time.

Also, I had an idea for a baking technique for chainmail, want to test it on something.

Probably I'll do some mail shirt/hauberk lower tier armours too and turn this into a nord armour pack.

For now, the almost finished lowpoly of the warlord armour:

8719177639_1a80090962_c.jpg

I wasn't pleased with the direction it was taking, it felt too artificial.

I also learned a lot of techniques in this meantime, so I want to test a bunch of stuff in those models to see if I can make them look the way I want.

And well, I like good results. As I'm doing this for fun and experience, I want it to end up looking in a way I like it.

This is the version I'll use to make the highpoly, so there are some details that will be normalmapped, yes.

But I'm considering leaving the splints as geometry, I'll just optimize it a bit because Warband shaders don't show relief properly.

Thanks, Jarvissimo :smile:

Finished the torso sculpt.

I'll have time to work on this today, if I figure out a good way to break the model to bake stuff to avoid my PC crashing I'll have a first textured version soon.

8765303183_6c81442d03_z.jpg

Beautiful work! I'm just starting out myself, and so far UV Mapping has been the most difficult for me. Yours and other 3d modeler's works inspire me to keep going. Keep up the progress!

Thanks pal :smile:

Ye, **** starts getting hairy in the UV map and rigging part, just keep going and try to enjoy it somehow, as of now there's no really good tool to make it less of a chore.

Threw in some colors to test it ingame. That's 1% of texturing done, now, to the 99% remaining!

Also, there's a pretty ugly deformation in the armpits area that I must fix. Damn T pose.

To the screenies:

8806206053_00f9acfd18_z.jpg

8816791178_7396b28ea0_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom