LSP 3D Art SacredStoneHead's Nord Armor Set (Released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Update:

-First pass on the leather texturing;
-Added splints to the forearms and shoulders;
-Added leather strips to the forearm;
-Added clasps to all belts and strips.

7577801948_749c61c995_c.jpg

Some progress.

I'm not going to use alpha planes anymore, as I couldn't find a way to make them semi-transparent.

I'll let them only for details, that I still haven't done.

Instead, I found a very nice wolf fur texture, and worked with it. I liked the results so far:

7612324284_d96f6215b0_z.jpg
7612324638_2bd42b8e31_z.jpg

I did some changes on the mail skirt as well, and I still need to attend to some minor clipping problems I'm experiencing.

After that, I'll move to model some more details and start the fine texturing on the armour.

The fur is great:
SacredStoneHead said:
Some progress.
Instead, I found a very nice wolf fur texture, and worked with it. I liked the results so far:
7612324284_d96f6215b0_z.jpg
7612324638_2bd42b8e31_z.jpg
I did some changes on the mail skirt as well, and I still need to attend to some minor clipping problems I'm experiencing.
After that, I'll move to model some more details and start the fine texturing on the armour.
but i've said so before,and i'll say it again,i like the old armour:
SacredStoneHead said:
Made a small test with the pelt, the new helm and the old version of the armour:
7557273604_c5e5d35ec3_z.jpg
better than the new armour:
SacredStoneHead said:
Update:
-First pass on the leather texturing;
-Added splints to the forearms and shoulders;
-Added leather strips to the forearm;
-Added clasps to all belts and strips.
7577801948_749c61c995_c.jpg
(unless it's still a work-in-progress,and you intend to improve the new armour,and make it a great knocks-my-socks-off suit of nordic leather :smile:)

sir_arvondor said:
(unless it's still a work-in-progress,and you intend to improve the new armour,and make it a great knocks-my-socks-off suit of nordic leather.)

Yes, it is a WIP. I haven't worked on the armour texture past the base texture, the splints are even only with one plain color.

Hooooly Molly,
impressive work.

I always have room for more pelts/cloaks on my game.

Hoping to see finished the second armor,

I didn't liked much the first, I think there is much legs showing,
the armor should be more long... I have a fetiche for long armors I guess  :roll:
Think about it.

(The helmet deserves a cookie too)

@pertodonunca:

A fellow Brazilian :smile:

Thanks. I like long skirts too, but make them behave properly without skirt bones or some kind of cloth simulation is not possible.

I make them as long as possible, in a way they don't clip too much with the legs...unfortunately they can't be longer without looking like crap :sad:

. . . And a gaucha  :grin: :grin:

But you can't really try something,
as a fellow Brazillian request?

That was going to be supimpa cool, just to make your work perfect (on my point of view).

I have seem lots of long skirts/armors that fell under the boots spots, and wouldn't mind get a armor with your style in a long skirt.

Try is the only way to fail  :roll:

(I would never guess that you are a Brazillian. )

After almost a month without touching the armour, I've worked on it again today (?!), thanks to my insomnia and my noisy neighbours.

I changed the topology on the chest completely, and made some tweaks on the mesh here and there.

Normalmap and specular maps on the leather parts are almost completely done, but I still have to fix the normalmaps on the belts and straps, as I just pasted the baking without working on it.

I changed the area around the shoulder and upperarm also, there was just too much leather everywhere. I liked the look of padded cloth with leather braids, furthermore, it will make color variants possible.

The skirt is almost done too, I have to add some kind of embroidery in the borders. And perhaps after I finish the first version, I'll make a long skirt version too, the idea intrigued me. So, @pertodonunca, perhaps you'll have your long skirt, if everything go well  :smile:.

Guess it's time to add brass details everywhere, golden buttons and other 'lordish' stuff. Don't know if I'll have the time to do it tomorrow (uh, today, after I wake up), though.

Here the progress so far:

7793739366_a932254582_c.jpg

7793739646_c3ba1e9f53_c.jpg

Forgot to add: Axes made by dejawolf, greaves made by Narf.

Finally, almost 90% done.

I finished some of the details today.

More to come in the next days, and I think next week I'll have this done.

Screenies:

7848323072_7aa16d5057_c.jpg
7848330392_d94b9bbef5_c.jpg
7848323698_baf8226cee_c.jpg

Love the work all you modellers put into this stuff.  It looks great.  Big thankyou as well as without stuff like this making any mods at all for some people just wouldn't happen.

Coming along nicely :grin:

Though for some reason the shading right above the belt in the front view pic looks a little off. Doesn't look like an issue with your spec or normal maps, maybe the topography is a little too flat?

Though maybe it's just the quick and dirty settings you tossed on it for the sake of preview. I'm sure the final product will look stellar

Back
Top Bottom