1429 HYW

Users who are viewing this thread

Hurleur

Grandmaster Knight
Hi , in the french forum we decide with some guys to upgrate the HYW mod to 1429 , we do not promise anything more than an upgrade .
If someone can give about 20 name for the english side it would be nice , for the french side we have enought source.
Thx

What kind of names do you need?
Here's some male names of the period if that's what you're after:

Barlow
Brantley
Devon
Jarred/Jarret
Kevin
Macon
Oakley
Rhett
Richard
Spalding
Spencer
Ulmer
Willard
Yancy
Yates

Hi  :eek:

the link for the french forum of this project
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=218355.msg5244563#msg5244563

in progress...

Will the items be more historically correct, e.g. none of these Frog Helmets and no Gothic Plate Armour (btw, I love this model, but in 1357 and 1429 there were none of these armours)?
I made an allwhite armour (not the best, but there are limitations with Warband's skeletons), but I'm very bad at texturing. If you know someone who can texture I cloud send him/her the model and you could use it. Here are some pictures:

030312113347_Allwhite_Armour_01.jpg
030312113617_Allwhite_Armour_02.jpg

Sure frogmouth helmet was intentioned for jousting, but howcome is gothic armour historically inacurate in twenties-thirties of 15th century?

Hum...I dont speack english  :???: but...I try it...

Yes the frog Helmet is only for jousting,

1-e13010e954.jpg

i think it's better to use this modèle (for ex)

2-b3bf0afd83.jpg

i can remplace it for all lords,and froghelmets only in arenas ...

Nu-Lz said:
Will the items be more historically correct, e.g. none of these Frog Helmets and no Gothic Plate Armour (btw, I love this model, but in 1357 and 1429 there were none of these armours)?
I made an allwhite armour (not the best, but there are limitations with Warband's skeletons), but I'm very bad at texturing. If you know someone who can texture I cloud send him/her the model and you could use it. Here are some pictures:

nice,nice,nice modèle ! i can make the textures ,if you have sources :
diffuse "texture name".DDS
bump .DDS
specular .DDS

:razz:

dochtorgajo said:
Sure frogmouth helmet was intentioned for jousting, but howcome is gothic armour historically inacurate in twenties-thirties of 15th century?

Because the Gothic Armour came in the second half of the 15th Century. 1429 is the first half. Look at this:

englisharmour1415-1475.jpg

4 is from 1425
11 is from 1430
12 is from 1425

Nu-Lz said:
dochtorgajo said:

Because the Gothic Armour came in the second half of the 15th Century. 1429 is the first half. Look at this:

englisharmour1415-1475.jpg

4 is from 1425
11 is from 1430
12 is from 1425

Thats too unambiguous statement- first or second half. How do you define gothic armour anyway? Armour shapes werent invented in certain year or month or day, any dates are many times just approximations. Good example are armets - there are some dating back into 1440s (maybe the first one is from Churburg dated as back as 1410), but their biggest proliferation when speaking about use by french came rather at the end of 15th century.

Examples of german gothic armours since 1440: http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=21487

Examples of milanese gothic armour since 1410: http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=21152

German style gothic armour is richly fluted and quite slim in shapes, while milanese gothic harnesses are round in shapes. Yes it could be agreed that speaking about german style surviving pieces are dated a LITTLE after the period. (Still no reason to dismiss them completely, certainly not for use by most important lords or player) While milanese style armour was around well before the timeframe of this mod. (1429)

Try to find ospreys Orleans 1429 - there is a depiction of battle of Patay (year 1429) that should be authentic (I doubt it would pass for them to paint it plainly wrong in terms of equipment) You can clearly see all different styles of armour - even sallets and german gothic style armour, also a great bascinet, armet etc. I can try to find it somewhere if you want.

Also not catch me by word as Im no expert but armours youve presented show signs of being of milanese origin. If not how would you classify or name them?

Yes, I meant the German Gothic Style. And I'm not an expert, too. But I think Narf's models (Gothic and Milanese) are similar to the styles of armour from 1440 (and higher).

Oh, and please, post the picture if you could find it. But remember, Osprey isn't always the most accurate source (but more accurate than a lot of other sources).

Nu-Lz said:
Yes, I meant the German Gothic Style. And I'm not an expert, too. But I think Narf's models (Gothic and Milanese) are similar to the styles of armour from 1440 (and higher).

Oh, and please, post the picture if you could find it. But remember, Osprey isn't always the most accurate source (but more accurate than a lot of other sources).

Sure it isnt but I can only tell for some battle descriptions or general opinions rather than armours.  :mrgreen:

Note depiction of Joan of Arc in period manuscript- this armour is quite richly fluted and quite slim in shapes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc

And here osprey depiction of Patay:

patayarmour.jpg

Thanks for the picture. That's very interesting. I think, it shows the evolution forth to the well known later Milanese Style. Note the lack of tassets. And this sort of Milanese Armour is already in the mod.  So it would fit to the period of 1429.

But for the depiction in the manuskript:
Note that it's from 1485!

Nu-Lz said:
Thanks for the picture. That's very interesting. I think, it shows the evolution forth to the well known later Milanese Style. Note the lack of tassets. And this sort of Milanese Armour is already in the mod.  So it would fit to the period of 1429.

But for the depiction in the manuskript:
Note that it's from 1485!

Yes it is.....and they depicted any historic event in the armours of latest fashion back then, admittedly.  :mrgreen: (maybe it has something to do with faith in neverchanging world or something similar) It could be said its a sort of armour chronicle if there is some type of armour in art from lets say 1450s, Id say you can rest assured it was used by that time.  :smile:

Were tassets explicitly absent in earlier armour and appeared later? Wouldnt it rather be a matter of customes or armourers preference? (well if you look at my previous link to myarmoury milanese harnesses it seems guy with armets cuirass to the right is almost completely based upon armour dug out in Churburg- maybe just coincidence it wasnt made with tassets or any strapping for them)

On the other hand great bascinet was supposedly the most preferred helmet type even decades later among Charles the bolds men at arms of ordinances with sallet as second, chapel de fer as third and armet as rather rare. This picture could indicate that it was the same to the degree earlier in century. (While sallets dominated, along with armets during Charles VIIIs invasion in Italy in 1494 which is far later- but it is true french tended to be much better equipped than their burgundian counterparts even in 1465 for example- at least according to de Commines in his description of battle of Monthlery)

Hi!

The mod it's finished in Two or 3 weeks  :razz:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,218355.825.html

Who want made the translation in english ? beacause i dont speek english sory  :mrgreen: If you are interested,i can make a modifs for an "english playng" attack the french rebels it's possible/quests with english faction...

quickly,a small description...

-battle continuation
-texture pack and more news models like expanded horizon + "optimized polished landscape" non official verssion  :???: but i cant join gutelkiutek.
-3 faction + non official rebel faction :kingdom of england /france/bourgignons
-fire weapons (rares it's 1429)
-news compagnons
-news npc (banners vendors/doctors/courteasan  :mrgreen:...)
-news scenes ! 18 news towns/19 towns districts/18new taverns/18 news vendors scenes/.......quests scenes...

-how much dialogues/npc/and news quests
-add castle like "mont st michel" bridge battle
-more weapons
-enchanced tournament (my verssion)betters tournament
-new moneys "l'écu"
-news lord with "jhoan of arc " and her famous compagnons "gilles de rais/montmorency ect....
-dialogue with tavern keeper: is vendor (beer/hydromel...)/play at the "coin game" mini game with money
-player camp (clic on camp and "go to the camp) camp scene with troops.

and more,more more  :lol:

contact me if you are interested with a translation

Back
Top Bottom