Bande of Pike & Shotte - 'The Lucky Dogs' Mercenary Company

Users who are viewing this thread

Guarding supplies? Good Sir! We are numbered amongst the veterans of the English Civil War. Alas, it saddens me now to say that a fool sits upon the English throne in guise of a 'Protector' instead of our venerable King Charles I.

:wink:

Guarding supplies? Safe, warm billet with hot food, drink, wenches & being paid to keep an eye on supplies? Sounds ideal to me. Feel sorry for the poor sods going into battle and risking their lives...  :wink:

As for the King? Captain, he'd gotten too big for his boots! He had to be taken down to size. Whilst I don't agree with killing him, I do think he went too far too often. I swear if Parliament hadn't gone to war with him, he and Bishop Laud would have had us under the heel of Catholics double-quick!

At least we weren't passionate about running away as you Royalist curs were!

Cracking evening tonight, if marred by my matchlock misfiring at a crucial point (mouse button got stuck :/). Lets hope for more fun nights of formation madness!

Bah! If King Charles were rightly on the throne we'd be soundly rich and rewarded by now! Alas, I must take up once more my Pike and sign on with this lucky bunch of Mercenaries. We'll show the Eastern folk how to get a war won, so we will. Or at least how to hold a fortress!

Hurrah! Already looking forward to it. Had a superb night last night on the first one, let's hope the second one is as good if not better.

I do have a presentation to make. Whilst we skirmished yesterday I offered the Bande a medal apiece if they could strike down one of the enemy from extreme range (nigh on 500 yards). This feat is almost impossible with a matchlock or snaplock, not to mention wheel locks, but the Bande took up the challenge and of them it was Wil Lambert whose bullet struck an enemy down, placing the lead ball square in the mans head. For such brilliant marksmanship, and a heavy dosage of luck, I hereby present Wil with a medal for marksmanship and award him an extra five scillings pay.

Marksman.png

That's right! Who wants to touch me?

In all honesty sah, I was just earning my bread and showing these bloody Roundies how it's done. It's a shame they never put me within 500 yards of Ole Ironsides, then we would still have a bloody King atop the throne.

I say, it seems I've not been added to the roster yet, despite fighting alongside you fine chaps, and even unhorsing a fellow with a musket butt when we were swamped by Hussars! :wink:

Leo, that write up in the main post is truly marvellous. Bravo and it truly makes me out to be some kind of right mean bastard. Huzzah. I shall wear my pin with pride.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Guarding supplies? Good Sir! We are numbered amongst the veterans of the English Civil War. Alas, it saddens me now to say that a fool sits upon the English throne in guise of a 'Protector' instead of our venerable King Charles I.
rapier17 said:
As for the King? Captain, he'd gotten too big for his boots! He had to be taken down to size. Whilst I don't agree with killing him, I do think he went too far too often. I swear if Parliament hadn't gone to war with him, he and Bishop Laud would have had us under the heel of Catholics double-quick!
Eiríkr Rauði said:
Ye' Parliamentarian dogs were always drafted in to fight... never out of passion.
rapier17 said:
At least we weren't passionate about running away as you Royalist curs were!

And thus James Digby and Richard Flockton staged the first English musical.

chargers1783 said:
Recruiting?
First post said:
Entry into the Bande is by invitation only, accepting those who can prove themselves capable of the strength and endurance of the Pikes or of being agile and good of eye to serve with the Shotte, as well as being able to survive the rigours of mercenary life.

King of Scotland said:
chargers1783 said:
Recruiting?
First post said:
Entry into the Bande is by invitation only, accepting those who can prove themselves capable of the strength and endurance of the Pikes or of being agile and good of eye to serve with the Shotte, as well as being able to survive the rigours of mercenary life.
You sly dog, I read it before and completely forgot.  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom