Author Topic: Bande of Pike & Shotte - 'The Lucky Dogs' Mercenary Company  (Read 92469 times)

JokerNL

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: [TrG]_8e_Major_Karel
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: Bande of Pike & Shotte - 'The Lucky Dog' Mercenary Company
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
Awsome thread, and i like the whole laid back feeling you got going here.
Have fun guys! And i hope to see you in the servers.  :P
"Here we Stand."

DannyT

• Knight at Arms
  • Crixus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BNWVC
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Fine evening, Carver. If you wish to put your luck in with our company, we must first come to an understanding that we give out our hard earned gold schillings to worthy men.

Our intention, with recruitment, is to find like-minded people who wish to enjoy the Deluge without being overly serious about playing it, which is why we are intending to recruit purely by invitation.

In short; we're online in the Deluge most nights. As of this patch, we're playing with the rose heradry and typically English names. The next patch will see our own banner implemented. Kick it back, relax and play with us when you find us.  :wink:

Sounds like just what I'm looking for the Mrs takes up most my time to be honest so I could not really commit to a training routine. I only play invasion, what is the server you guys use? The official one?

Leifr Eiríksson

• Dagnir Glaurunga
  • Count
    • Steam - leifreiriksson
    • Twitch.tv - 504squadron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Eiríkr rauðskegg
  • NWWBVC
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »
Fine evening, Carver. If you wish to put your luck in with our company, we must first come to an understanding that we give out our hard earned gold schillings to worthy men.

Our intention, with recruitment, is to find like-minded people who wish to enjoy the Deluge without being overly serious about playing it, which is why we are intending to recruit purely by invitation.

In short; we're online in the Deluge most nights. As of this patch, we're playing with the rose heradry and typically English names. The next patch will see our own banner implemented. Kick it back, relax and play with us when you find us.  :wink:

Sounds like just what I'm looking for the Mrs takes up most my time to be honest so I could not really commit to a training routine. I only play invasion, what is the server you guys use? The official one?

Indeed. Our lady-friends often constitute a large portion of time, fortunately, mine is currently asleep in bed.  :P

As a group, most of us play on one of the two official Invasion servers. I personally prefer the smaller 40-slot server over the 250...

There will be no obligation to attend training events, as there won't be any, no demand to give up time to attend events/matches you do not wish to participate in.

Correctamundo! Both myself and rapier17 have had our fair share of arduous and pointless 'training' sessions - hence why we're refusing to have them here. It may be that we set a specific night further down the line and commit a quick ten or fifteen minutes during the evening on a private server to some basic formations but nothing beyond that and certainly not on a weekly-basis. That kind of activity would be a refresher, maybe once a month.

I look forward to seeing you on the servers, Carver.

Æthelwulf

• Master Knight
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/mal
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Sygtryggr, Wil_Lambert
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
Ahh so that's why you ain't on TS you old dog. I gave Leo the heads up and my name shall be changing forthwith, not sure what to yet so I dragged up a list of Royalist bastards done for treason and I'm sifting for a nice sounding name.

Haresus

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBNW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
Good luck, will be good to have you chaps guarding the supplies while us real Swedes do the fighting. ;)
Hehe, but really, grand to see the Vikingr community arrive in your fine longships!
I only agree with democracy if the people voting are sane.

Leifr Eiríksson

• Dagnir Glaurunga
  • Count
    • Steam - leifreiriksson
    • View Profile
  • NWWBVC
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
Guarding supplies? Good Sir! We are numbered amongst the veterans of the English Civil War. Alas, it saddens me now to say that a fool sits upon the English throne in guise of a 'Protector' instead of our venerable King Charles I.

:wink:

rapier17

• Baron
  • Stay safe and keep your powder dry
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Richard_Flockton
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Guarding supplies? Safe, warm billet with hot food, drink, wenches & being paid to keep an eye on supplies? Sounds ideal to me. Feel sorry for the poor sods going into battle and risking their lives...  :wink:

As for the King? Captain, he'd gotten too big for his boots! He had to be taken down to size. Whilst I don't agree with killing him, I do think he went too far too often. I swear if Parliament hadn't gone to war with him, he and Bishop Laud would have had us under the heel of Catholics double-quick!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:16:07 AM by rapier17 »

Leifr Eiríksson

• Dagnir Glaurunga
  • Count
    • Steam - leifreiriksson
    • View Profile
  • NWWBVC
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Ye' Parliamentarian dogs were always drafted in to fight... never out of passion.

rapier17

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:34 PM »
At least we weren't passionate about running away as you Royalist curs were!

Cracking evening tonight, if marred by my matchlock misfiring at a crucial point (mouse button got stuck :/). Lets hope for more fun nights of formation madness!

Gibby

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Bróðir/David Stryker
  • NW
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
Bah! If King Charles were rightly on the throne we'd be soundly rich and rewarded by now! Alas, I must take up once more my Pike and sign on with this lucky bunch of Mercenaries. We'll show the Eastern folk how to get a war won, so we will. Or at least how to hold a fortress!

Leifr Eiríksson

• Dagnir Glaurunga
  • Count
    • Steam - leifreiriksson
    • View Profile
  • NWWBVC
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »

rapier17

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:09 PM »
Hurrah! Already looking forward to it. Had a superb night last night on the first one, let's hope the second one is as good if not better.

I do have a presentation to make. Whilst we skirmished yesterday I offered the Bande a medal apiece if they could strike down one of the enemy from extreme range (nigh on 500 yards). This feat is almost impossible with a matchlock or snaplock, not to mention wheel locks, but the Bande took up the challenge and of them it was Wil Lambert whose bullet struck an enemy down, placing the lead ball square in the mans head. For such brilliant marksmanship, and a heavy dosage of luck, I hereby present Wil with a medal for marksmanship and award him an extra five scillings pay.

Æthelwulf

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
That's right! Who wants to touch me?

In all honesty sah, I was just earning my bread and showing these bloody Roundies how it's done. It's a shame they never put me within 500 yards of Ole Ironsides, then we would still have a bloody King atop the throne.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:40:51 PM by Æthelwulf »

Gibby

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Bróðir/David Stryker
  • NW
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
I say, it seems I've not been added to the roster yet, despite fighting alongside you fine chaps, and even unhorsing a fellow with a musket butt when we were swamped by Hussars! ;)

Æthelwulf

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
Leo, that write up in the main post is truly marvellous. Bravo and it truly makes me out to be some kind of right mean bastard. Huzzah. I shall wear my pin with pride.