Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

ideas? I have a question but this might be /offtopic but are you getting rid of WfAs?

We dropped the "With Fire and Sword" name, if that's what you're asking. There was too much confusion with all this WFaS'es around. At some point, old name became just a burden for us.

I suggest you to go back to melee weapons from 0.4, they were quite close to perfect unlike those from the new version. I mean, 5 hits with a sabre for a naked man? Really?

Deithwen, you're exaggerating.

It's 3 hits for a regular joe, 1 - 2 to for a naked one. It's actually realistic, though it can get pretty annoying.

As for suggestions:

This armor for Cuirrasiers, possibly plate gloves for few others:

a0012932_19561442.jpg

crouched walking, getting rid of all the clippings and whatnot...basically I have next to nothing to suggest, aside from that badass armor.

EDIT: Oh, one thing, improve gloves, they're the only thing that looks bad in this mod.

YourStepDad said:
Deithwen, you're exaggerating.

It's 3 hits for a regular joe, 1 - 2 to for a naked one. It's actually realistic, though it can get pretty annoying.

As for suggestions:

This armor for Cuirrasiers, possibly plate gloves for few others:

a0012932_19561442.jpg

crouched walking, getting rid of all the clippings and whatnot...basically I have next to nothing to suggest, aside from that badass armor.

EDIT: Oh, one thing, improve gloves, they're the only thing that looks bad in this mod.
Armor like this will bee added in future, I make new gloves too. Right now i siting and watching in MS...

Awesome, great to hear that :wink:

One question though, what about full plate for shock troops? Do you think it was still used back then, or is it just inaccuracy present in many other mods/games focusing on this era?

Will some items be remade? Some helmets and cuirasses really don't look that great compared to some other items. (Morion for example, compare it to the cRPG one)

Also wondering on the musket and arquebus. Back then the musket was the bigger heavier version which packed more of a punch, needing a special firing stick to fire it. While the arquebus was a smaller version which could be wielded without the firing stick. Currently the size and damage is the other way around.

Will some items be remade? Some helmets and cuirasses really don't look that great compared to some other items. (Morion for example, compare it to the cRPG one)

Yeah, I would like to add that some plates look like papers tacked on clothes.

Cuirassier plate looks stunning, while regular plate looks kinda meh.

Hofiko said:
Hugues said:
I'd love to see some full on Renaissance style clothing.

Well, late 17th century is not Renaissance anymore.

I suppose not. But I still love the renaissance style weaponry in the mod like the rapiers etc. I bought a real rapier last week, so nice.

I suppose the flags would be good. With the Captains, was your thinking of having them as a separate troop type? It'll probably be better for clans to lay out specific uniform choices - certain uniform would mean the person is a captain. But I'm not too sure, it could work.

That's pretty much how it works even now. For example, when a Clan is playing as hajduks, normal soldiers can take blue delias, while captain takes green one. Everything looks perfectly fine without adding anything.... :smile:

Back
Top Bottom