WesternCraft v1 - Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Lannistark said:
Man I just came upon an epic idea. The mod is awesome, but to me it sometimes seems to lead nowhere. This is what I mean:

You build houses, bridges, forts etc, for what? For nothing, until map restarts. There must be an objective in game, i suggest two:

1. An Invasion of Indians, where you have to protect the village, they can happen every certain periods of time.

2. Two villages, like 2 factions to fight between them. They each start at the other end of the river, and they can develop their village, as in Age Of Empires.

What do you guys think about this?
I suggested a Indian bot invasion too before but I got no answer.

Well, in that case I agree with you. The mod needs a purpose, because building just for building doesn't have sense, you may build to progress or to achieve whatever or to defend your city or to make it more rich or to

.    .    .    .

Lannistark said:
Man I just came upon an epic idea. The mod is awesome, but to me it sometimes seems to lead nowhere. This is what I mean:

You build houses, bridges, forts etc, for what? For nothing, until map restarts. There must be an objective in game, i suggest two:

1. An Invasion of Indians, where you have to protect the village, they can happen every certain periods of time.

2. Two villages, like 2 factions to fight between them. They each start at the other end of the river, and they can develop their village, as in Age Of Empires.

What do you guys think about this?

Great Idea man! But other things have to be fixed first, this could be added in a V 0.19 in some future...

I really like the concept of this mod, but I'm really put off by the idea of any PVP occurring. I'd personally much rather see this mod heading in the direction of RP (as 29HA_Lt_Bell pointed out in the "Name the Reasons You Don't Want to Play this Mod" thread) with a well implemented trading system / economical system which the player becomes apart of by selling goods or providing a service etc.

I love the idea of player created towns and villages with players operating within each settlement adding to the economy and building up a wealth of their own but it's finding a way of making that compelling I guess. It's a shame I can't script, I'd love to help develop this mod; if there's any other way I can help please inform me.   

i agree with Lannistark. mod must have its point :smile: we need more action, shooting , looting, robing, invansion, team working, sherifs, bandits, commoners, smiths, little towns, orginesd crimes, ambushs, hunting :smile: this mod is great i like it very much but only building and eating isn't interesting. i think with some help of mod devs and good server admins everything will be fine :smile:

PRAETORIANN said:
i agree with Lannistark. mod must have its point :smile: we need more action, shooting , looting, robing, invansion, team working, sherifs, bandits, commoners, smiths, little towns, orginesd crimes, ambushs, hunting :smile: this mod is great i like it very much but only building and eating isn't interesting. i think with some help of mod devs and good server admins everything will be fine :smile:

I share ur view

Just to let everyone know, there will be several major gameplay changes in v0.18. I won't say too much yet, but the building and crafting systems will be much more streamlined, and there will be a much larger focus on teamwork.

Shredzorz said:
Just to let everyone know, there will be several major gameplay changes in v0.18. I won't say too much yet, but the building and crafting systems will be much more streamlined, and there will be a much larger focus on teamwork.

Sounds good! do u have a release date?

Gustav - Teuton Knight said:
Shredzorz said:

Sounds good! do u have a release date?
Not yet. I'm going to take my time with v0.18.

Progress is going great on v0.18. It's already far more fun to play, and it's not even close to finished yet. Here's an update to the changelog:

New Features:
  • Implemented WSE (Warband Script Enhancer), meaning that more features are possible now, such as  working shotguns
  • Made carbine variants of some of the guns
  • Greatly re-balanced weapon stats
  • You can no longer move while reloading any gun, except for pistols
  • Added more guns (volcanic pistol, coach gun)
  • Made many new animations to replace the previous placeholders
  • Classes have been brought back in the form of optional "skill templates"

Bugfixes/Minor Changes:
  • Reduced filesize of mod folder
  • Possibly fixed the "bo_valleyrock_rounded_1" crash
  • Fixed props not de-physicalizing when deleted
  • Bullets are now invisible (as they were always supposed to be)
  • Greatly optimized some models and textures

And here's a real-time screenshot of the Volcanic Pistol.

volcanicpistolscreensho.jpg

Excellent! I have some inquiries if you don't mind me asking.

Are you onto the chests and boxes bug fixing yet? Also, the ammunition bug, if you could work on that...

Have you thought of ways to make money? At the moment there are none, I guess you thought of something already.

The outlaw system, or bounty system will come through at the end?

This is an excellent mod man, keep the awesome work up, I'm sure players will come with time.  :grin:

Lannistark said:
Excellent! I have some inquiries if you don't mind me asking.

Are you onto the chests and boxes bug fixing yet? Also, the ammunition bug, if you could work on that...

Have you thought of ways to make money? At the moment there are none, I guess you thought of something already.

The outlaw system, or bounty system will come through at the end?

This is an excellent mod man, keep the awesome work up, I'm sure players will come with time.  :grin:
Money will be made by gathering resources (mining, woodcutting, etc.), fending off the Indian invaders, and can also be transferred between players.

Lannistark said:
Hey, how about the outlaw system - any news on that feature, or you dropped it completely ?

That would be cool, like in Red Dead Redemption Free Roam(free roam is like singleplayer but with humans and other characters for u to play with no John Marston Available. if a player kills to many players the game puts a bounty for his head that consist in Xbox live experience points), only sheriffs should put bountys and there should be a building for sheriffs, to uprade urself to sheriff etc.

Yeah, a Sheriff job would be awesome. I suggest every village ( server) should have 1 sheriff elected by voting or something similar. Sheriffs could have the ability to set up bounties, declare renegades, co-ordinate defense vs indian invasions etc. It could be really interesting.

Lannistark said:
Yeah, a Sheriff job would be awesome. I suggest every village ( server) should have 1 sheriff elected by voting or something similar. Sheriffs could have the ability to set up bounties, declare renegades, co-ordinate defense vs indian invasions etc. It could be really interesting.

Yes, but more than 1, maybe 2 sheriffs and a deputy or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom