Groupfighting Tournament 2.0 - Attack of the Aldemar (Finished)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hekko

Master Knight
Salutations,

Since the first groupfighting tournament can be put down into history as something not completly void of success we will bring on a sequel. Improvements and upgrades have been made. For those who were not present the last time here follows a full description of what it is and how it will run, with some changes highlighted in bold:

The groupfighting tournament will be held wednesday the 1st of February 2012 at 19.00 GMT.

Anyone and everyone is invited just as long as you sign-up on time! I  retain the right to remove/deny teams that I deem unreliable to show up or if a single regiment has lain claim to an over the top number of teams. (This will however be unlikely since last time we landed nicely at 16 even with some regiments having multiple teams). Also worthwhile to note is that this is a public event and as such you are free to (and I personally hope that you will) make cross-regimental teams.

1. Teams

1.1 Teams are to contain 7 members. (Going above this is fine but keep in mind, the trade-off is that you will get less playingtime per member.)

1.2 Teams are allowed to have 5 persons fighting at any given time. 2 members are expected to sit out if all 7 persons turn up, but it should not be the same persons every round. This will hopefully stop people from being understreght in the fights. (In the event of a team only being able to 4 people for a given round the opposing team is supposed to only field 4 as well, any number under 4 is tough luck for the team with no-shows incase the opposing team does not want to go under 4 members to further balance it.)

1.3 Teams are to register using the following template:

Team Name :
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you):
Team Members:

2. In-game rules

2.1 No shooting.

2.2 Only line infantry models are to be used.

2.3 Only rankers are to be used.

2.4 Formations are not required since it's all melee.

2.5 There are 5 rounds to every match (will stop once someone reaches 3 to save time). The Final and the Bronze Match will be in a first to 5 format instead.

2.6 The Combatants are not to leave the arena until the fight is over.

3. Organizer Discretion

3.1 Common sense will be used by the organizers so anything not specificly mentioned may be enacted at the organizers discretion.

3.2 The severity and therefore the course of action following rule breaches will be up to the organizers to judge.

3.3 Don't argue with us mid-event, it unfairly slows things down for everyone else, speak to us afterwards if you feel that we have treated you unfairly.

Things for team contact persons:

Make sure that you're on the 22nd TS around 15-ish minutes before the event is set to start, this is done in order to set up whispers properly so that I can give out information about who goes where alot quicker, and it also saving me the annoyance of having to type a medium-sized essay before every new tier/batch of fights. (If you don't usually hang about 22nd (i.e. your team uses a different TS) I will create a subchannel for team contact persons in the 84e channels to have easier access to you).

Brackets and match schedules will be sent to you on the day or the eve of the event.

Deadline for teams to sign-up is tuesday 31.1.2012 08.00 GMT.

The server will be called Group Fighting tournament and it will be hosted on the 84e server-box, I will try to make the server available a few days before the event so that people can get a first hand view of it, as well as pre-download it to smoothen things up on the day of the event.

We will use a map that is made up Friedrich of 84e siege server fame, no screenshot is at hand at the time of writing since some tweeks are being made to it still, nevertheless, it looks awesome!
F8014A6315DB65A585CEFC888BCB620923143265

AFDDFD4ABF11729EFA22B2A1FF01C4E67C6F43D8

The competing teams will be the following:
Team Name : The Justice League of MM
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): Flash
Secret Identities: Flash, Terrance, Wodan, Wes, Cenzii

Team Name : Backstreet Boys
Team Contact Person: Svensson
Team Members: Svensson, Modig, Vampire, Ghostmonkey, Robbi, Pinkknight, Sid, Vorlen

Team Name : the unicorns (upgrade from pony's :p)
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): you got me
Team Members: Gokiller/Attila/Hives/Hadaki/Daniel/Henkka/Grantypooh

Team Name : Men In Suits.
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): [91st] Avenge // jay3738
Team Members: Avenge , JackieChan , Xamarius , Kratos , Fishboy , SiegFried , Fire.

Team Name : Team Argyll
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): I'll act as the contact person for them, you already have me on steam.
Team Members: Av3ng3r,Shaith,Telford,Fixjo,Shaft,Sting,Muffin,Lowlander

Team Name : The Führer's Elite
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): Ward/Aldemar
Team Members: Ward, Smyky, Harrier, Vikestad, Poko, Aldemar, Reaper and EagleScreams

7. (Reigning Champions)
Team Name : Pizza, Pasta, Mandolinos
Team Contact Person Me, DanyEle, you should already have me on steam
Team Members: Pizzetta, LordWilly, Crusader, Sir_Barristan, DanyEle, Dragon, Laenir, William Wallace

Team Name: Snowphie and the Seven Dwarfs
Team Contact Person: Moogs
Team Members: Moogs aka "Generalissimo" Bashful, Lcatt aka El Grumpy, Greentiny aka Capitaine Happy, Krimdor aka Sneezy, Sophie aka Snowphie, Reignlief aka Sleepy, MrTiki aka Mr Dopey, Ryan aka Doc

Team Name: The Orient Team
Team Contact Person: Revenge
Team Members: Revenge, Rebellious, Pendragon, Mertali_Gozcu, Traveller, Gabriel_Drake, _GH_Cpt_Idealist

Team Name : Graham and his Minions
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): mem95
Team Members: Graham, Melton, mem95, Evanovic, Thorin, Marcel, Snowwi, Snail,Guy,(Reserve: Lanser TheDrunk, Achilles)

Team Name : BOBODOBISTs
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): MacTomas
Team Members: BOBODOBO, Dabrowski, SaddamAZR, AdiPL, Hakeruss, SpiderPig, MacTomas

Team Name: Team Gordon
Team Contact Person: Hadhod
Team Members: Akame, Harry, George MacKintosh, Eualkasta, James Boyd, Hadhod

Team Name : Les gardes de Louis Grabriel Suchet
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): Nexus
Team Members: Suchet,Lubukill,JiJi,Flopz,Clash,Verdieb,Sinjide,Nexus

Place Holder

Referee%20version%20brackets.jpg
[/img]

The following people are partaking in the organization in someway or other (referee specifics will be updated closer to the event for instance which arena everyone presides over):
Hekko - Head Organizer, Referee, Secretary and anything else that I can't bully someone else into doing
Seaman Staines - Master of Ceremony, Referee
Winfield S. Hancock - Referee of Arena 1
Rudovich - Referee of Arena 2
CrackMan - Referee of Arena 3
Leaf - Referee of Arena 4
Friedrich - Map Creator
Svensson - Graphical work
Aldemar - Server dude

There could be some use for two more referees to free me and Staines up for an overview of all four arenas, so atleast one more referee is essential so if anyone feels up to the task and has the night free should poke me on steam/TS/PM on taleworlds and we'll get you onboard (Working mic, understandable spoken English, and general maturity are required for this, as well as tolerance for some banter that might (almost certainly) be present in the referee channel)

There's also an opening for someone who would like to be the dedicated recorder of the event making a nice youtube clip afterwards showing some highlights, and generally promoting possible future events (This could of course be combined with refereeing).

First tournament
Team Name Pizza, Pasta, Mandolinos
Team Contact Person: DanyEle
Team Members:  DanyEle, LordWilly, William Wallace, Lorenzo, SirBarristan, Pizzetta, Kaan, IG_Crusader

Second Tournament
Team Members: Svensson, Modig, Vampire, Ghostmonkey, Robbi, Pinkknight, Sid, Vorlen

Typos I blame on dyslexia and faulty grammar on being foreign, anyhow, start signing up teams, start training and start having fun! If you have any questions or comments direct them to me and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Yours faithfully,
Hekko

Team Name : The Justice League of MM
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): Flash
Secret Identities: Flash, Terrance, Wodan, Wes, Cenzii

dan1993uk said:
Team Name : Back Door Bandits
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): Daniel
Secret Identities: Daniel, GrantyPooh, Henkka and more to come ill update the post later.

edit: map looks much better than the old one  :mrgreen:

Ahh so your not joining the old tema again, well alright :wink:

And about the map, if I knew what the exact size, and aswel it was the first time for the tournament so it was more testing, then it would have been much better :razz:

Signing my old team up, same players as before.

Team Members: Svensson, Modig, Smyky, Vampire, Ghostmonkey, Robbi, Pinkknight.

Team Name : the unicorns (upgrade from pony's :p)
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): you got me
Team Members: Gokiller/Attila/Hives/Hadaki/Daniel/Henkka/Grantpooh

Team Name : Men In Suits.
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): [91st] Avenge // jay3738
Team Members: Avenge , JackieChan , Xamarius , Kratos , Fishboy , SiegFried , Fire.

EDIT: Changed the Contact person / Team name. + Added Members.

Good, hopefully I won't miss it this time, wondering whether to get a team together again, or to just simply join another 1 :3.

Team Name : Team Argyll
Team Contact Person (Please include steam if I don't already have you): I'll act as the contact person for them, you already have me on steam.
Team Members: Av3ng3r,Shaith,Telford,Fixjo,Shaft,Sting,Muffin,Lowlander

'Graham and his Minions' will hopefully be back for revenge!! I am speaking to my regiment mates about the tourney, I'm sure we'll get a solid team together for this one.

Hope this one runs more smoothly and fairly! Certainly looks promising so far.

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom