OSP Code QoL [WB] Custom Lord Notes OSP

Users who are viewing this thread

Lav

Sergeant Knight at Arms
A very small mod which adds an extra item to lord parties context menu (available through right click). From there, player can open a dialog window for the lord, and enter some custom notes about him. Those notes will appear on the lord's information screen and will persist until player enters some other note.

Download URL #1: http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3498
Download URL #2: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3498

Screenshots of the presentation in action:

This is just a proof of concept, you are free to use and change it as you deem necessary.

Hah, quite awesome. Will certainly get some good use of this. :smile:

dunde said:
Applied, and working perfectly. Thanks again, Lav. BTW, I'm tempted to apply it to centers too :wink:
Go ahead. :smile: Though I'm not sure what a player would want to memo about centers - nothing except trade prices comes to mind, and trade prices are much better handled by Merchant's Ledger.

As a quick question, would it be possible to change it so that the creator of a mod, say A Clash of Kings, could pop in notes for the Lords that cannot be changed by the player and are rather some background information for each Lord?

Say I want Count John Cleese to have an unchangeable note saying "Born in the backwards County of Slumtown, named Lord of Slumtown in the year 221"?

Cozur said:
As a quick question, would it be possible to change it so that the creator of a mod, say A Clash of Kings, could pop in notes for the Lords that cannot be changed by the player and are rather some background information for each Lord?

Say I want Count John Cleese to have an unchangeable note saying "Born in the backwards County of Slumtown, named Lord of Slumtown in the year 221"?

#script_game_get_troop_note
  # This script is called from the game engine when the notes of a troop is needed.
  # INPUT: arg1 = troop_no, arg2 = note_index
  # OUTPUT: s0 = note

Learn the script and then you will find out how to do what you want.

Cozur said:

Sure. You need add_troop_note_from_sreg operation. Each troop has 16 slots for notes (numbered from 0 to 15). For troops, slots from 3 to 15 are used for rumours. However it's quite easy to change this range (as I did in this presentation). Then you set the note, and it will persist.

Back
Top Bottom