Fir Áraig

Users who are viewing this thread

Aklis said:
sotijalo said:
I love how every post in this thread eventually ends up reminding us about Celtics deep love for his chilhood here Mel "Bravehearth" Gibson.

But 'tis true, ever since he was a wee lad, dear Celt has worshipped and revered Mel Gibson for that fantastic film. Indeed, he even went as far as to change his name and has for many years been known as William "Freedom" McWallace. 'Tis true, I swear.

Yes I can already hear that broken Scottish dialect that he learned from the greatest movie of all time.

And just to clarify I ofc meant the movie Trainspotting.  God that movie is so good.

sotijalo said:
Aklis said:
sotijalo said:
I love how every post in this thread eventually ends up reminding us about Celtics deep love for his chilhood here Mel "Bravehearth" Gibson.

But 'tis true, ever since he was a wee lad, dear Celt has worshipped and revered Mel Gibson for that fantastic film. Indeed, he even went as far as to change his name and has for many years been known as William "Freedom" McWallace. 'Tis true, I swear.

Yes I can already hear that broken Scottish dialect that he learned from the greatest movie of all time.

And just to clarify I ofc meant the movie Trainspotting.  God that movie is so good.

Trainspotting = Good Scottish movie

Braveheart = Not good, not Scottish, not even sure if it counts as a movie

Lainncli said:
sotijalo said:
Aklis said:
sotijalo said:

Well, it is made in Hollywood in a country notorious for having mixed feelings for the United Kingdom - which they think just means England..

But anyway, I agree.

8a4e6a5dadd10fb37e02ef1acd847df6.jpg
I would kill an English king for her hair!
Braveheart_01.jpg
Try me!

hrotha said:
One thing that stands out from watching the video (and which Hærger told me about during the event itself) is how efficient the Brodsky archer corps was. I think Ubbe has been the first commander to concentrate his archers' firepower like that, and it was quite devastating, unlike in previous events where archers could almost be dismissed as flavour. Kudos to Ubbe for the innovation in military doctrine, but now the archers might be too powerful for events and we might need to limit their numbers next time. :razz:

"Archers..."

Hugh Higgins said:
Lainncli said:
sotijalo said:
Aklis said:
sotijalo said:

Well, it is made in Hollywood in a country notorious for having mixed feelings for the United Kingdom - which they think just means England..

But anyway, I agree.

We should fund a tour of the US, lecturing on how, yes, Scotland and Wales are actually real countries and how "sheepshagger" is meant to offend the Welsh not the Scots.

Nyah said:
Hello there, Lainncli!

Hi!

I believe Cornwall will be a recognized country too soon. Haha.
But yeah. You can't nail it into Americans - they really just don't understand. Might as well take over and commit genocide-waitwhat.

Hugh Higgins said:
I believe Cornwall will be a recognized country too soon. Haha.
But yeah. You can't nail it into Americans - they really just don't understand. Might as well take over and commit genocide-waitwhat.

Attach them all to helium balloons, the bodies float away. I know this works, from experience. Now, run along.

:twisted:

Dansk viking said:
hrotha said:
One thing that stands out from watching the video (and which Hærger told me about during the event itself) is how efficient the Brodsky archer corps was. I think Ubbe has been the first commander to concentrate his archers' firepower like that, and it was quite devastating, unlike in previous events where archers could almost be dismissed as flavour. Kudos to Ubbe for the innovation in military doctrine, but now the archers might be too powerful for events and we might need to limit their numbers next time. :razz:

"Archers..."
well those are hilariously bad costumes.

Back
Top Bottom