Installing 1776 Mod (new to installing mods? Read this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dellivis

Sergeant Knight at Arms
(This is a simple copy paste job From my old topic on 1755 Frontier Mod)

I decided to add it here so people who are checking this out yet unsure to install have a guide.  With that in mind pay no attention to the references of 1755 Frontier mod in the pictures (instead it would say 1776 for you on your computer).

I tried to make this as simple as possible to help out those having issues with where to install the newly downloaded Zipped folder. Hope this helps all newcomers who want to try this mod, but are afraid/worried they won't install it right.

Note: I use Winrar and not 7-zip but process should be basically the same

I use a separate folder for all my downloads if you notice at the top of my screen my path shows M&B Mods. I place all zipped/unzipped files there in case of a need to reinstall a mod/file and I won't have to go searching the internet to get a new download

Step 1: select your unzipped mod/file
unzippingandmovingpart1.png

Step 2: Unzip or Extract here so my file will be located right underneath the zipped
unzippingandmovingpart2.png

Step 3: now you should have a folder underneath your zipped file
unzippingandmovingpart3.png

Step 4. Cut or Copy the folder (again I like to copy instead of cutting just because in case of a reinstall its one less step I will have to do)
unzippingandmovingpart4.png

Step 5: Locate your Mount and Blade folder and then open it
unzippingandmovingpart5.png

Step 6: Find your Module and open
unzippingandmovingpart6.png

Step 7: Paste your folder inside the module folder (yours should have just "Native" Folder inside it
unzippingandmovingpart7.png

Step 8: once you've done that close your explorer and open up M&B Warband and check to see if you did it showed up.
unzippingandmovingpart8.png

If it did, Congratulations! You have just installed the mod correctly!

This is how you install Mods for M&B warbands. Just remember, all new mods you add to the game go in the Module folder.

it will stop most of it. it's easier to start a topic than to use the search function. Either way if someone has trouble installing use use the link below to guide them here (saves us moderators some time to help out elsewhere  :grin:):

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209776.0.html]Installing mods for M&B Warband[/url]

I hate to be the stupid one who doesnt get the simplest of directions, but when i click on download link, a box pops up saying "What should Firefox do with this file?" It gives me 2 choices: Open with:, and save file. Either one I choose, it takes an hour to download, then when it is done, nothing is there. No folder to unzip or anything. All it does is open a new tab on firefox, nothing else. Plz help me. I feel so stupid.

there usually another tiny box that pops up after you chose save/open file as firefox is downloading a file (alt+j I think the command is)  is there nothing showing up in that box either?

Yeah, it shows the download and how long it will take. But once its done, i double click on it and it opens a tab in firefox, nothing else.

instead of double clicking try right click and "open containing folder"(it should take you to the downloads folder by default) the file should be highlighted for you when you use that option.

Hey, sorry that I'm a little late, but i just got into mods. Anyways, when i download this mod it will just show up in my downloads and it wants me to open it but i don't know what to open it up with. If I open it with steam it will just go to steam but if i open it with internet explorer it will just go to a blank page. I don't know what to open it up with so i cannot unzip it just yet. I used 7z and i am really looking forward to this mod. Please Help!!  :???: :???:

Are you sure you used the right download link?

Do you have WinRar installed on your PC? If not, download and install it (it's free I believe), you should then be able to un-pack the file to your "mods" map.

Use 7z to unpack it to get to the folders. The process is the same as I did with Winrar  (right click your zipped file and unzip it) if not you can download Winrar and use it

surprisingly i downloaded 5 mod which is gekokujo,storm of the three kingdoms for warband
then This One ,the napoleonic and 1805 for the original m&b

The result none worked

P.S. Warband Version 1.153
      The Original 1.011

Maybe you didn't put the mod in the right directory file.
Try unzipping/unpacking the mod INTO the "modules" folder instead of first unzipping it and then place the mod folder in the "modules" folder.
I hope you are aware that you should place the whole mod folder in the "modules" folder, not just the files of the mod into the game folder.

the only mod that i can get to run is the one that use a installer there are only 2 that works with rar and unraring star wars conquest and the last days of third age

Back
Top Bottom