Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to change kingdom culture after game start? I picked Marina for my character, I didn't take the logical step to that culture transfering to my future kingdom.

You missed one very neat thing

Recruiting Partys
You have the ability to send out recruiters from your Castels (2) and Towns (4) that will recruit up to 50 Recruits from the Faction of your choosing.

This has helped me so much! Recently I made a new game and now after taking the first town and finally getting everyone peaceful its a really nice way to get Trainee's for my soon to be conqueror army (Trainer on every companion helps alot  :mrgreen:).

aequo animo said:
You missed one very neat thing

Recruiting Partys
You have the ability to send out recruiters from your Castels (2) and Towns (4) that will recruit up to 50 Recruits from the Faction of your choosing.

This has helped me so much! Recently I made a new game and now after taking the first town and finally getting everyone peaceful its a really nice way to get Trainee's for my soon to be conqueror army (Trainer on every companion helps alot  :mrgreen:).

Constable:
This is your second council member. He is in charge of your military. He can assign a town to begin a training program led by himself. He can send out recruiters to gather more men to your towns and castles. He can hire patrols to patrol around a specified location. He can sell prisoners for you at a lower price than when dealing directly with ransom brokers. He can also give you information on how your wars are going.

Didn't miss it :smile: I can't hand everything to you on a silver platter :smile:

Puritan said:
Is there any way to change kingdom culture after game start? I picked Marina for my character, I didn't take the logical step to that culture transfering to my future kingdom.

Nope

Although with recruiters your culture is not all that important anyway, as you can hire troops from any faction. Although this is tricky if you are at war with them.

LibSpit said:
Constable:
This is your second council member. He is in charge of your military. He can assign a town to begin a training program led by himself. He can send out recruiters to gather more men to your towns and castles. He can hire patrols to patrol around a specified location. He can sell prisoners for you at a lower price than when dealing directly with ransom brokers. He can also give you information on how your wars are going.

Didn't miss it :smile: I can't hand everything to you on a silver platter :smile:

oh I thought you meant the auto garrisoning from the fiefs and not the recruiters  :wink:  anyway its a neat one and deserves the extra praise!

LibSpit said:
Puritan said:

Nope

Although with recruiters your culture is not all that important anyway, as you can hire troops from any faction. Although this is tricky if you are at war with them.
Troublesome when the map is so massive. My antarian empire can only recruit antarians if I do it personally. Otherwise the recruiter runs across THE WHOLE MAP to where the other antarian empire is.

Well I would regard that its extra troops for the regular pay to be delivered to your doorstep without loosing tax payers, no wonder press gangs were so popular in the middle ages lol :mrgreen:

Uhm, pretty true :smile: I was right with the first part (some cool features..and it is indeed a cool feature!) but it's definetely unrelated to the guide bit. If it annoys I'll remove it.

hehe not so much that it annoys me :smile: I just don't think you will necessarily get much of an answer :smile: (at least not from me hehe)

try picking one of the ones like FAQ or (I can't think of one. Something with technical words in the title maybe, like megabyte or XML or @!)
:razz:

koteko said:
The "regiments" are awesome! Is the source code for them available, or can I get in any way? I'd save me some good time :smile:
The Regiment code isn't actually finished yet; I'll have to completely remake it. I might release that code since it is one of the most wanted features.

I can certainly try, I actually wrote something like this in a PM the other day, wish I had saved it first! If you give me a couple days I will write something up in the beginning post :smile:

Quick version: Weapons and armour I=Infantry, M=Missile C=Cavalry

Rhodok: I=Spear and shield M=Crossbow C=really weak
Swadia: I=Not sure never use them! M=Crossbow C=Rock hard!!!
Khergit: I=pff what is infantry M=you mean you don't have a horse?!? C=Best Missile Cav(I think) Good heavy Cav
Vaegir: I=Axes Axes AXES! M=Solid Bowmen C= Heavy Cav AXES!!
Nord: I=shields and even More AXES (also throwing axes) M=Average Bowmen C=you expect me to get on that thing?
Saranid: I=Mostly light weapons and armour except top tier, also use javelins M=good top tier bowmen C= Good heavy Cav
Zerrikania: PRETTY COLOURS! I=light shield and weapons top tier BIG AXE!! M=Good short bow C=good missile cav, medium cav, ok heavy Cav, lots of blunt weapons (I think)
Villian: I=Board shields and swords M=Excellent Long Bowmen C=Light Cav
Aden: I=pretty rubbish (I think) M=pretty poor bowmen (I think) C=Light, Med, Hvy Cav! Ow it hurts!!!
Antaria: I=Heavy Armour, Big 2H Sword. M:Javelins and shields C= Med Cav, Javelins (I think)
Marina: I= Halberds, decent armour at top tiers. M=Crossbows, Board Shields, Swords C=Light Crossbow Cav (My personal favourite nation)
Legion: I=Shields and stabbies, javelins (i think) M=Crossbows and shileds C=Good Cav available early in the troop tree

I think that is everything. To be honest I don't use alot of the units all that often. My layout is.

I=Marina, Antarian (started to adopt Villian for shields) M=Marina and Villian C=Aden, Swadian, Legion (quick to get) and Khergits for Missile Cav.

LibSpit said:
Rhodok: Powerful Defensive units, especially against cavalry (if pole arms are improved against cavalry) Top tier Crossbows should have good armour penetration (knight killer) (Strength) minimal aggresive power (although a short sword would give the infantry a chance) and cavalry (weakness)

Swadia: Premier Heavy Cavalry (strength) Low grade foot troops (should be cheaper and weaker, top tiers good but hard to reach) expensive heavy cavalry (weakness)

Sarranids: very fast and light, solid top tier cavalry (if stamina is introduced, they should get benefits in that) (Strength) Very light except for top tiers, top tiers hard to reach but big improvement (weakness)

Nord: VICIOUS Infantry (strength) Weak missile fire and no cavalry and weak anti cavalry (weakness)

Vaegir: Good all rounders Infantry similiar but weaker to Nord, Bowmen good but weaker than villianese Cavalry Solid but weaker than most heavy cavalry on the charge, no lance but powerful melee weapons. (strength) all units are better than some but worse than others in each area, jack of all trades ace of none (weakness)

Khergits: Great skillful cavalry, very fast and powerful, best missile cavalry, horses cheaper to upgrade and maintain than other factions (strength) minimal infantry, weaker armour (weakness)

Zerrikania: Good high end troops, missile cavalry top tier slightly weaker than top tier khergit, lots of blunt weapons (perhaps a bonus to troop capacity) lots of blunt weapons. Faster Heavy Cavalry. Can have solid high end troops in all areas, missile, infantry and cavalry (strength) Cavalry armour weaker than full plate, awful low end troops, no shields for high end infantry and missiles, needs a screen of low end troops to effectively engage missile troops.

Villianese: Best Bowmen, good defensive infantry, skillful and fast at high end, fast cavalry (good stamina) (strength) weak cavalry, lower armour. (weakness)

Marinia: Solid Infantry, strong in defense against cavalry, solid on the attack, good at attacking sieges. Good defensive crossbows, Top tier has most powerful crossbow but loses shield. Decent armour for high end troops (strength) weak, unskilled missile cavalry, lacking in speed over all. (weakness)

Antaria: Powerful Infantry even at low tiers (heavy armours) Premier Javelin Infantry, Solid Medium cavalry with javelins. Good aggressive army (strengths) Infantry Prone to close range heavy missile weapons and expensive, lacking in sustainable missile fire, lacking in heavy cavalry.

Aden: Best top tier Heavy Cavalry, Solid mid tier medium cavalry. Cheap infantry and bowmen (Strength) Expensive top tier cavalry, missiles and infantry weaker than Swadian equivalent. No great top tier infantry or missiles. (weakness)

I think i had some more ideas but can't remember....I am hungry hehe.

HAHA Computica! I was thinking why has he just qouted my above post!?!?! It wasn't till I got to the 'I'm Hungry' bit that I realised it was my PM!! hehe

Swadian infantry are 120 tier but honestly they are ok, I suppose. They would beat a Sarranid Guard but lose to a Rhodok or Marinian IMO.

Back
Top Bottom