Author Topic: Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)  (Read 35789 times)

Computica

• "Cosmic Kalypso!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Computica
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
can someone tell me how to find samurai soldier? i looking at the whole game and i cant find them anywhere. Are they special?
Just hire Ronin. They eventually upgrade into samurai. They will be hard to find so when you do see them at a tavern hire them. Easier ways to acquire mercs will come in the future.

"The God you don't believe in does not exist"
"No need for bombs, when hate will do."

lequang1

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
thank you very much.  :D but can i only hire them in tavern?

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
yep

Daedelus_McGee

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Boogie Jackal Hat
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Daedelus_McGee
  • M&BWB
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
thank you very much.  :D but can i only hire them in tavern?
Actually, they're only Yakuza pretending to be Ronin, but after a while in with you're troops they get better at it, stop spending so much time in taverns, and call themselves Samurai. 

And that wacky armor they wear? It hides the tattoos.
Don't believe them when they tell you they lost the finger in a battle. It's a particularly sincere form of apology. Let them know that their word is more than good enough when they say they're sorry or things might get...messy.

Also, you might want to keep the Ronin and the Sword Sisters apart.  Apparently the ladies take exception to some elements of the "entrepreneurial" suggestions the Ronin make.  Sword Sisters make it abundantly clear that they don't consider themselves "that kind" of mercenary.
"Beware the Boogie Jackal Hat"

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
BUMP

Puritan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 02:21:01 AM »
Is there any way to change kingdom culture after game start? I picked Marina for my character, I didn't take the logical step to that culture transfering to my future kingdom.

I personally would find dual wielding two shields very effective. It might not be historically accurate, but climbing a 50ft long, 2ft wide ladder, at an 80 degree angle, without the use of hands, in order to invade a castle filled with rhodok crossbowmen isn't either.

aequo animo

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WB
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
You missed one very neat thing

Recruiting Partys
You have the ability to send out recruiters from your Castels (2) and Towns (4) that will recruit up to 50 Recruits from the Faction of your choosing.

This has helped me so much! Recently I made a new game and now after taking the first town and finally getting everyone peaceful its a really nice way to get Trainee's for my soon to be conqueror army (Trainer on every companion helps alot  :mrgreen:).

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
You missed one very neat thing

Recruiting Partys
You have the ability to send out recruiters from your Castels (2) and Towns (4) that will recruit up to 50 Recruits from the Faction of your choosing.

This has helped me so much! Recently I made a new game and now after taking the first town and finally getting everyone peaceful its a really nice way to get Trainee's for my soon to be conqueror army (Trainer on every companion helps alot  :mrgreen:).

Constable:
This is your second council member. He is in charge of your military. He can assign a town to begin a training program led by himself. He can send out recruiters to gather more men to your towns and castles. He can hire patrols to patrol around a specified location. He can sell prisoners for you at a lower price than when dealing directly with ransom brokers. He can also give you information on how your wars are going.

Didn't miss it :-) I can't hand everything to you on a silver platter :-)

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Is there any way to change kingdom culture after game start? I picked Marina for my character, I didn't take the logical step to that culture transfering to my future kingdom.

Nope

Although with recruiters your culture is not all that important anyway, as you can hire troops from any faction. Although this is tricky if you are at war with them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:03:36 PM by LibSpit »

aequo animo

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »

Constable:
This is your second council member. He is in charge of your military. He can assign a town to begin a training program led by himself. He can send out recruiters to gather more men to your towns and castles. He can hire patrols to patrol around a specified location. He can sell prisoners for you at a lower price than when dealing directly with ransom brokers. He can also give you information on how your wars are going.

Didn't miss it :-) I can't hand everything to you on a silver platter :-)

oh I thought you meant the auto garrisoning from the fiefs and not the recruiters  :wink:  anyway its a neat one and deserves the extra praise!

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
haha actually you are right there, I need to add about switching auto recruit on and off

Alavaria

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »

Nope

Although with recruiters your culture is not all that important anyway, as you can hire troops from any faction. Although this is tricky if you are at war with them.
Troublesome when the map is so massive. My antarian empire can only recruit antarians if I do it personally. Otherwise the recruiter runs across THE WHOLE MAP to where the other antarian empire is.

aequo animo

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »
Well I would regard that its extra troops for the regular pay to be delivered to your doorstep without loosing tax payers, no wonder press gangs were so popular in the middle ages lol :mrgreen:

koteko

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Butt-kicking! For goodness!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WBVC
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 02:37:32 AM »
The "regiments" are awesome! Is the source code for them available, or can I get in any way? I'd save me some good time :)

LibSpit

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 03:13:41 PM »
The "regiments" are awesome! Is the source code for them available, or can I get in any way? I'd save me some good time :)

Wrong place to ask the question really.