Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingolifs

Grandmaster Knight
This thread is for asking why people were banned, muted or warned. Any discussion about whether you think that action was warranted is off topic and should be discussed by PM'ing a moderator or administrator or by posting in the Bans/mutes/warnings discussion topic. Any general comments/questions about the moderation team should go in the What do you think of the Moderation Team? topic.

Last time I checked, Arabarcher, jaghatai and tehgherkin had some form of ban. I tend to miss these things. There's no indication I can findof any wrongdoing on their last posts.

Could someone oblige and tell me what they did wrong?

ArabArcher, holybandit, and TehGerkin based on posts these two topics:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20450.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20457.0.html

Jaghatai for this post:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20511.msg441744.html#msg441744

"I object."

No but seriously, I'd like to have a thread where it sais who got banned for what. It could serve as guidelines for newcomers and veterans, like an example of what gets you banned.

Raz said:
"I object."

No but seriously, I'd like to have a thread where it sais who got banned for what. It could serve as guidelines for newcomers and veterans, like an example of what gets you banned.

It would mean more work for the admins but it could be fun and one could learn from it. So I would love such a thread as well.

Raz said:
"I object."

i agree you. there are many asking brains about why their moderator is banned!! we could translate them at once we see the thread.

Sadist is still moderating in the Turkish board.

There is a thread stating who got banned for what, but only the moderators and admins can see it :razz: I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing that should be made public (I'm sure people remember the outcry from the HoS). Not only do we have bans based on non-public activities (such as PM's) but there's also the issue of whether an individual would want the reason for their ban to become known to the rest of the forum, especially in the case of temporary bans.

Besides, wouldn't want to encourage copycat idiots.

Yes, but you wouldn't have any reason to complain about the HoS if you didn't break the rules, now would you :wink:

Agreed.  Yet on the same hand, sometimes rules are applied due to certain circumstances.  Rules aren't hard-coded.  So what may have been a temp-ban for one, might be a perm-ban for another ... and might be a warning for yet another.  The situation as well as what the infraction was can't be listed as easily.

The amount of hard feelings that it could generate could make temp-bans nearly as bad as perm-bans ... causing their usefulness to decline immensely.

Something to consider,

Narcissus

Audun said:
Well since he was a language moderator and what i would say a forum eldar.

True,  he's one of two language moderators for the Turkish sub forums, and as for elder, if you mean in terms of well known I agree, but haven't you been here longer than he has?

Audun said:
I hope you don't mean eldar, because I myself would be deeply hurt if I were to be referred to be one of those space elf pansies.

:lol:

Audun said:
In some ways, that makes him more bannable than others.  Admins and mods, since they are examples of the rules on the forum, are held to a tighter standard, and being here longer is a double-edged sword.  It makes it easier to get in a comment or to and let it slide (since the admins are more likely to understand it could just be a bad day) but it also means that when you deliberately make malicious comments, they are able to make decisions about your posting history (in this case, JK's wellknown dislike of Christians) to divine your intent.

Audun said:
Not that much of an elder, when compared to those like Worbah, who seem to have been here from the dawn of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom