Sustaining your own Gang Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm pretty familiar with M&B, Warband, and our dear 1866 mod. In the original vanilla, it was virtually impossible to create your own kingdom, something that was remedied in Warband. However, since we have smaller Gang factions in 1866, it's possible to eliminate a Gang, take their territory, and start a new faction - I've done it before.

The problem is, it is pretty gosh darn difficult to survive as a faction leader. In the first file I did it (which has since gone the way of the dodo), the faction leader had no underlings and only one hotel. I swooped in while he was away and took that hotel; he was off sieging another one, which he gained successfully. He sends 80 billion men to my hotel, I capture him, get hotel #2, his faction is dead. So now I'm my own gang.

The trouble is, if you've taken the time to get a character good enough to lead an army and capture territory, chances are the smaller gangs are destroyed and the bigger ones are unbeatable. You have to level up real quick and strike the weakest faction. Then you're kinda stuck; the only people to fight normally have 3-5 generals and several hotels. Meanwhile you're paying your party and the men in garrisons... it's hard to get a reliable source of income. Perhaps if your honor is extremely good or bad, you can live off of killing bounty hunters and selling their gear, but it's a tough life.

Does anyone have any stories/successes/failures/otherwise amusing anecdotes about their own faction? I'd love to hear 'em.

Started my faction by taking over a Hotel owned by another, then cannibalising them for all they were worth. (Three hotels and a bank, methinks). After that, things got tediously repetetive... :/

Back
Top Bottom