Tell me

Users who are viewing this thread

For Division C one rule should be added: each team is not allowed to play with same opponent two or more times in one ENL circle if there are other teams with have not yet played, look KHR in this circle, they played with AE and Einherjar twice, this is unfair for KHR and not reflected real situation on the C table. Playing with same opponent multiple times is not fun, it is annoying.

Newbiejunky said:
Personally, i do not like either Ruined Fort and Snowy Village. Perhaps we could make a poll to ask ENL teams if they want to keep them or not. Also, we could probably ask for people to creat some new maps as ithas been done for the previous winter cycle.
I think Lust already mentioned that there will be the possibility to test new maps for their competitive usefulness. In my opinion only that criterion should be a decisive factor whether a map is included in the next cycle or not and not some random poll about personal preferences.
Since Flust seems to hate polls about stuff like that, it's pretty unlikely to happen anyway.

Harkon Haakonson said:
This reasoning isn't valid at all. Random maps IS the most competitive experience possible as it takes away from choosing guaranteed good maps / strats / bad maps or factions for the opponent (Amerikaneren tournament system right?).

This way, you're FORCED to be good on any map in order to be a consistent winner. Saying a random map favors the enemy team twice means you're quite as lazy for not practicing in the map where you see you're performing worse.
That's just a matter of perspective and personal preference. You could say with the same emphasis that it's the most competitive experience to not only being able to win (enough rounds - an, in this case, important difference to the NASTe-system) on your "strong" map but also on the opponent's one. Since rounds count for something choosing not to train any other map isn't a possibility then either (at least if you wanna win and especially since all the maps, factions and opponents (in Div C to a lesser degree) are known in both systems beforehand).

The only difference between those systems would be the more or less elimination of certain maps (and factions) since some maps most likely wouldn't be played at all. If you prefer that, as - I think it was - [M] argued in favour for some time ago, over the current one is a matter of taste (of either the majority or the organiser(s)). Personally I still prefer the "randomness" over the choosing-your-map modus operandi but saying one is necessarily more competitive/objective than the other just isn't true - there's hardly any difference except variety being based on probability in one case and on team-preferences (you may even call it strategy - surprising your opponent with unusual map/faction-choice and specifically train with/on those for one match against a certain opponent etc.) in the other.

Shoxi said:
For Division C one rule should be added: each team is not allowed to play with same opponent two or more times in one ENL circle if there are other teams with have not yet played, look KHR in this circle, they played with AE and Einherjar twice, this is unfair for KHR and not reflected real situation on the C table. Playing with same opponent multiple times is not fun, it is annoying.
I agree, it's annoying. It's not really possible though since it would make the whole ladder-system redundant and isn't feasible with a limited and changing number of teams (and is already regimented by the Div C league table rules to some degree), except if you're content with having no match at all (in a week) although there'd be other teams which also wouldn't have any match - and therefore accept more no opponent default wins - or with giving up the ladder-system altogether.

I think Archer's point was that with the random maps, you have many chances to have a "tactical preparation disadvantage" against the strongest teams, because not only they are skilled, but they also know all the tactics on any map.

Yeap) i agree with u)
Perhaps it would be better to remove Div.C and make one big Div.B with 2 groups...or  something else :smile:

The ladder system is a little unfair, but I can't think of a better system for divC, maybe there isn't one. And removing divC and just have one divB is not an good idea, as many of the newer clans disband in the middle of the cycle (which is also why you can't have a league system in C).

Shoxi said:
+1

I don't really know what's wrong with ENL - servers. I have had about 40-50 ping there before, but in yesterday I had 125 all the time and the same thing today...
I have good pings in every other servers where I usually play like IG_Battlegrounds and I don't have any connection problems with my internet. :/
This will be very annoying in Nations 5-a-side cup if I must play with this awful ping or stay in spectator.

Jabbe said:
I don't really know what's wrong with ENL - servers. I have had about 40-50 ping there before, but in yesterday I had 125 all the time and the same thing today...
I have good pings in every other servers where I usually play like IG_Battlegrounds and I don't have any connection problems with my internet. :/
This will be very annoying in Nations 5-a-side cup if I must play with this awful ping or stay in spectator.

it's just a handicap our team needs, otherwise nations 5-a-side would be too easy imo.

Back
Top Bottom