MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lovely textures, game play sounds good, pity its alot of Imperial guard as the diversity of the warhammer universe is what makes it what it is.

Wow looking good. I especially like the Morale effects, would be great if it works. Along with the bleeding system. Sounds very good.

No singleplayer. Don't get me wrong, I want it, too - but it will be modern line battles without tactics. It's hard to teach bots.

SM - as I said, we don't want units with non-standart skeleton on Warband, but. If we'll make everything that was planned till the M&B 2 release, we will expand our mod by other races, including SM in first numders.

Skeletons aren't following a different proceed for both SP/MP. If you add the proper skeleton, apply it, it will work every part of the mod.

I know how to make, add new skeleton and let it work. The problem is in animation - guys such as SM need a lot of new anim, which we can't add because of Warband engine. May be it's possible with WSE, I don't know exactly.

Phalanx300, not summon, they will spawn with Cultist. Cultist will be able to command them - just like with bots in Native. May be like Captain gamemde in WFaS.

They are meatsheilds right? :lol:

Edit: how many players do you expect to be playing this on a day to day basis?

Those squad sizes do seam rather large

Hey man hows it going? :smile:
I'm liking the look of this :grin:
good luck I hope you follow through with your mod :grin: maybe we'll be able to help each other out :smile:

sammac, yes, excellent meatshields. With their "help" you will be able to reach those imperials=)
I think, minimum players for mod is 20 (10x10), it's full guardsmans squad or BP band. All squad sizes were taken from armybooks.

Drummerman12345, thanks!

Update.

A bit re-styled guards:
ead914c8bbf6.jpg

b29992296539.jpg

7ca838f122c7.jpg

Second base helmet for guards:
4e9ffb49b373.jpg

And lasguns. Standart...
6074ba2ffad2.jpg

f802599c7eee.jpg

a08f784db7a3.jpg

e470f2c85957.jpg

... and light version, carabine if you want (by Pazanius):
a02748130e40.jpg

c4253f078201.jpg

e8e3c1e0b502.jpg

ef47e09b6192.jpg

Yes, it will have (SUDDENLY!) low weight, and you will not able to attack with it in melee without bayonet. And yes, there will be autifire. I'm going to test it today or tomorrov, if it will be fine there will  be video.

So, this is less minor skirmishes more large battles?

How are squads gonna be kept together?

Edit: Carbine with bayonet sounds a little op :L

I gues it will be similar to Mount & Musket. Though in this situation it pays off to stick together more. (Medic, Morale, Firepower, Protection etc.)

sammac said:
So, this is less minor skirmishes more large battles?

How are squads gonna be kept together?

Edit: Carbine with bayonet sounds a little op :L

Yep, it's event and clanwar oriented mod. You will not be able survive alone for long time, it's important to play with team.
And... I don't know what mean "op" in this comtext, but I quess you mean, that bayonet and carabine are not suiteable? May be, but on carabine you can see the same bayonet fixtures as on standart lasgun.

Phalanx300 said:
I gues it will be similar to Mount & Musket. Though in this situation it pays off to stick together more. (Medic, Morale, Firepower, Protection etc.)

Exactly.

smurfin said:
Looks awesome, I'm excited to see how this turns out. Goodluck.

Thanks!

well if you compare a semi automatic lasgun to a fully automatic las carbine, surely the best way to balance that would be to give the lasgun a bayonet and leave the carbine as it is to make this unit  far weaker in melee, less effective at long range but hellish at short range?

...me <3 karskins! This Makes we want to play Fire Storm over Kronus :smile:...

Hm, it's good solution, I mean autofire for carabine. In fact, every lasgun (including stnandart version) have automatic fire mode, but it's better to make standart version as long-range-close-combat weapon and carabine as auto weapon. Thanks!

Btw, there will be heavy weapons.

Back
Top Bottom