• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey the link doesn't work and i'm super frustrated looking around the web for the damn warg file could you please place a new link i'm begging you

This mod is still the best I've played. I managed to revisit it after a few years!
I've been enjoying the mod with huge battle sizes! :smile:

Taichou2G said:
Hey the link doesn't work and i'm super frustrated looking around the web for the damn warg file could you please place a new link i'm begging you

Kudos for actually checking the first post! :wink:

Look here: https://tldmod.github.io/
or here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299974223

I felt like showing off a little, so here's some of the scenes I've been adding/modifying lately.

Landmarks are scenes that can be accessed by fighting a battle nearby a certain city.
TtvxW.jpg

QIip8.jpg

TCSR5.jpg

MNGVE.jpg

v-kwJ.jpg

tcOkG.jpg

F7reu.jpg

4J4UA.jpg

aTmwD.jpg

kgwHz.jpg

tmGXC.jpg

Evil camps:
2mxEe.jpg

Vb8Wd.jpg

r0msP.jpg

ASgiD.jpg

qXdK2.jpg

Is there a way to edit savegames of TLD 3.5 Warband port?

(I'd like to add myself a banner, so that Rohan Heraldic mail looks nice instead of mud-brown-ugly.)

Usual MnB Savegame Editor does not work somehow.

Also I wonder if the following is intended:

Caravans sitting inside settlements joining battles on my side (or enemy side)...

Evil-aligned human factions having a weird battle AI (at least when forces equal to player's)...
(Cavalry - charges in, archers advance forward in a line, infantry stays back in a line, or drifts in a line counter-clockwise)

Umbar "Raider" units seem to be flagged as cavalry, but have no horses...

The only piercing bow usable on horseback for good factions is the special Lothlorien one...

During "Kill warlock" quest, if the first fight is at the bridge, after the fight is over nothing tells the player that he must proceed through the "pillars", and TABbing out makes the quest incompletable...

Has the TLD team ever considered to use WSE for this mod? I had a look a the latest version, and it offers a lot of new possibilities for mod making. Will it be used at some point in the future for an official release of a main build of the mod? And if it has been  thought about, but has been decided not to be used, what is the reason agsinst it? Even though a lot of possible new features in the future wouldn't necessarily require WSE to work, it would still make a few things at least a bit easier.
Is it  because the mod doesn't run well with WSE or is it another reason?

Sergio_Morozov said:

Caravans sitting inside settlements joining battles on my side (or enemy side)...

Evil-aligned human factions having a weird battle AI (at least when forces equal to player's)...
(Cavalry - charges in, archers advance forward in a line, infantry stays back in a line, or drifts in a line counter-clockwise)

Umbar "Raider" units seem to be flagged as cavalry, but have no horses...

The only piercing bow usable on horseback for good factions is the special Lothlorien one...

During "Kill warlock" quest, if the first fight is at the bridge, after the fight is over nothing tells the player that he must proceed through the "pillars", and TABbing out makes the quest incompletable...

Hi Sergio_Morozov! I'm a fan of your work on ACOK, keep up the great job!

We'll look into your points here. If you find anything else, please feel free to post here.

@SuperCommando, as TLD was originally a M&B mod, then ported to W&B, I'm not sure if we can use WSE. Also, we'd like to make the setup/installation as simple as possible, and adding WSE might be a bit to complex for some people. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Khamukkamu said:
Sergio_Morozov said:
Hi Sergio_Morozov! I'm a fan of your work on ACOK, keep up the great job!

We'll look into your points here. If you find anything else, please feel free to post here.

Hi there! All ACOK credit goes to Cozur, obviously... Although I like to point out oddities and to compile lists of them!

Also it looks like I should retract
because there is also Bard's bow. but still, only "special" good mounted archer's bows are piercing.

And here is another one:

Dol Guldur (or at least its Outpost, at least when the Player has a quest to "defeat X enemy parties" for that type of party) spawns "War Parties" belonging to "Mordor" faction (NOT "Dol Guldur" faction), which spawn "Mordor" Prisoner Trains if they defeat someone. It is OK, unless "Mordor" is already defeated, then prisoner trains have nowhere to go.

I'm getting a weird, severe lag in fights where at least one enemy commander is present. It makes the game completely unplayable, and gets even worse when there are more commanders present on the battlefield, making force-closing the game the only option. And if the commander gets knocked out, game immediately returns to full fluidity. Game, and graphic options have absolutely no impact on this, beside this one thing everything works perfectly.

I've checked the logs and what is causing it are irrecognizable lines in the script mst_lead_charge in mission_templates file. The values causing problems are 2073 2076(3rd value) 1073744547 2707 (2nd value) and 2723. If even one of them remains unchanged, the lag persists. I've tried changing their values, if i set any to 0 the game doesn't load at all, if i change it to some random number it usually crashes at the start of combat. But when i changed everything to 1, it works great at first, but crashes after about a minute from the start of the combat, also i've gotten some weird bugs like the game asking me 50 times at once if i want to disembark from combat, or at trying to help allied army teleporting me to the cove with necromancer (galadriel's quest) who i killed previously already...

I have no idea what those values mean, the game files haven't been changed, my version of TLD is the latest, 3.3.7 with warband patch, and latest nightly update. The version of the game itself is 1.158.  I will be thankfull for any ideas of resolving it.

Hey Nylfaen,

Thanks for the report.

A few months ago, I implemented advanced AI to lords, making them more skilled in battle. This could lead to the lag you have been experiencing. I can make it an option in the next update for people who can handle the performance hit of this. It will be ON by default and those who are experiencing performance issues can turn it off.

Thanks for the fast reply! So, do you propose substracting the changes of nightly builds could do the trick for now? I must admit, you have me a little baffled here, sure, not charging at the front, leaving all your army behind you, like you are some immortal demi-god riding a dragon would be a welcome change perhaps :wink: But if it's left unchanged the hit is too hard, it goes down from 60 fps on maximum settings to 1 frame per 2 seconds on even low ones as it is... And it's a laptop that runs relatively new games on high settings no problem, it makes me kind of scared what do you expect to have of ordinary, warband oldschool gamers xD

And that aside, it was reported as a no-reference bug by the game message system itself, so I guess there will be some fine tuning after all :wink:

And maybe it's just some driver or system conflicts on my end, the problem may not be so common on all systems.

Is there a single mount I can ride as Uruk character that doesn't stop dead in its tracks every 2 seconds or is this intended. If so is there a way to toggle this off because I would really like to ride a warg atleast and see no reason why I can't.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I own a warg now that I can move around with on the map but in any battle I get the message "your own warg bites you" or something and he staggers and I basically can not use him in the battlefield. Same with horses.

New update released on Steam Workshop. You can also get it from here: Link

Changelist:
  • Reset to Native's pebble ground texture + minor changes to scenes
  • Clean up Siege Mission Template + Make Adjustments to Battle Advantage
  • Revamped sorcerer quest: Sorcerer is no stronger and has stronger and more troops. + some other adjustments to scenes
  • New Dol Guldur North Outpost scene + siege
  • Allow Access to TLD Options Menu at Game Start
  • Allow Players to Change when They Can Start The War
  • Fixes to Retreat scripts + Move West Emnet Companion to Westfold
  • Allow half regen rate for dying factions to give them a fighting chance
  • Don't create adv camps when faction is very weak
  • Add upstab animation to some spears (credit to Hoboistice)
  • Added WFAS formations system as a test
  • Add Improved Horse Archer AI (credit to Jun Yue)
  • Spear overhaul, according to spreadsheet. Most important changes:
  • -- Slightly reduced damage of Gondor lances, Rohan Spear. (These were a bit crazy.)
  • -- Made some spears non-chouchable if they're too short or if they collide with the faction's lance: Gondor Tower Guard Spear, Rohan Spear, short spears, Dwarf spears
  • -- Removed penalty with shield for Mirkwood short spear
  • -- Made Harad short spear one-handed
  • -- Corrected some weapon lengths according to model
  • -- Added overhead stab for most spears and lances. (Not those that are obviously meant to be swung.)
  • Included some of Ruthrelad's changes to other weapons:
  • -- reduced Khand bucklers' size 50 --> 40
  • -- some naming fixes
  • New Gundabad NE Outpost +siege
  • Made some Battlefield AI optional
  • Brighter Nights (optional)
  • Fix to Siege Troop Amount
  • Allow players with troops less than 8 to hide from enemies. 4 hour forced rest
  • Changed Adv Camp cooldown from 3 days to 10.
  • rebalanced bows and introduced bow accuracy
  • two new bow models for Lorien Reward Bow and Elven Bow, changed model for Bow of Bard (credit to the CWE team)
  • restricted Corsair Bow to Tier 3
  • T4 and T5 Harad horse archers use Nomad Bow (better than Harad Bow)
  • Allow players to start as T1 troop for an easier start.
  • Reinforce gondor lords a bit more after they are defeated to make them a bit more hardy.
Thanks again for the continuous support!

There sometimes seems to be a problem when trying to help out allied lords in battles:
Utemh.jpg
O6g7G.jpg
yxUY2.jpg
nKFxW.jpg
The only difference I noticed to the two battles before where I helped out, was that the allied commanders weren't beneath 20% HP at those (and some of my own troops were still combat-ready).

Back
Top Bottom