Community Art ! [first post depository]

Users who are viewing this thread

...what only spring and wet vale can make

uBBMTqp.jpg

see it bigger

the original 10k size

sorry, no vikings in sight this time :smile:

Ah... The way you've painted it, the seemingly loose wet brushes across the canvas gives off a very dreamy effect, totally immersive, as if it's trying to draw me into the picture. I could stare at this painting for ages, sink into it, imagining walking around the spring forest myself, finding out just who that woman and her sheep are.

The blur in this picture is deffinitely a strength - heavily enforces the dreamy effect mentioned earlier for me. Also, the lighting. The contrast between the shadow and the field bathed in sunlight is superb. It's also quite startling how much a sparse amount of white, yellow (flowers) and green (moss) dots can do for detail within the, indeed, VERY detailed vegetation. Drawing those lines across the surface of the trees is such a creative alternative to spending hours detailing every tiny tidbit of the bark, which wouldn't have contributed to the effect the picture is (in my opinion) trying to convey at all.

I'm not even going to ask how you managed to make the water appear so fluid, so reflective, so real. It's nothing short of amazing.

My Skvor-darling, I'll never tire of your ever improving work.

Keep drawing sheep and vikings with sad backstories, please.

I need this.

Wernicke said:
Ah... The way you've painted it, the seemingly loose wet brushes across the canvas gives off a very dreamy effect, totally immersive, as if it's trying to draw me into the picture. I could stare at this painting for ages, sink into it, imagining walking around the spring forest myself, finding out just who that woman and her sheep are.

The blur in this picture is deffinitely a strength - heavily enforces the dreamy effect mentioned earlier for me. Also, the lighting. The contrast between the shadow and the field bathed in sunlight is superb. It's also quite startling how much a sparse amount of white, yellow (flowers) and green (moss) dots can do for detail within the, indeed, VERY detailed vegetation. Drawing those lines across the surface of the trees is such a creative alternative to spending hours detailing every tiny tidbit of the bark, which wouldn't have contributed to the effect the picture is (in my opinion) trying to convey at all.

I'm not even going to ask how you managed to make the water appear so fluid, so reflective, so real. It's nothing short of amazing.

My Skvor-darling, I'll never tire of your ever improving work.

Keep drawing sheep and vikings with sad backstories, please.

I need this.

Wernicke,
this is with no doubt one of the the nicest things anyone ever told me regarding my artworks. Your strong responses on every aimed goal of the painting is actually the best thing any artist can ever hope to achieve.

With this painting I wanted to put my source of inspiration to rest, by doing such topic properly.
I actually spent time walking around these places, taking photos and making sketches. I made a portrait of landscape, depicting real flora in the place. Even the shepherdess is certainly not just from my imagination.

Hello again, So I started this printing + watercolour. Its fun!

tumblr_nvgdgn6GGt1rexd5jo1_1280.jpg

try it for yourself, or maybe someone younger would appreciate?
this is the drawing alone: http://i.imgur.com/jBMTUmD.jpg

Hi
I'm afraid its not in my power to reupload all the images, not even most of them, not even half of them. I can reupload moin and two or three that are moin not. An I should probably delete the rest. Going to do that some day.

Well, life goes on

somethin for the old time's sake:

viking_horned_helmet_by_skvor-db1l4uv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom