Community Art ! [first post depository]

Users who are viewing this thread

oww, my bad, I missed that ... normally I'm thorough with reading before posting, but I scrolled too fast this time :neutral:
And, well, my bad with the confusion, too. damn, I really put my foot in it ...

skvor said:
Now about your workshop. I must say I like it very much, good thing you did not post link by the way, thank you :grin: Maybe we can teach few tricks each other? what do you say?
Absolutely!
have you tried to put the first pic over the later version and used a blending mode like 'darken', 'multiply', 'color burn' or so? I tend to use them more often recently. they are very helpful with adjusting contrast and light with much control. I might be enough to duplicate the basic layer and make it greyscale and then use the blending modes.
the light source problem is a *****, is it?
maybe you could just cap the hills in the back right to where the sun seems to be, and make it a cliff? this way you can keep the sun at this position and you have more interesting shapes in the background too.

ahh ... well, I guess you know what an overpaint is, would you give me permission to make one for this picture of yours?
I've tried that with study mates and it proves very effective to see the own faults.
in return I'd like to have your overpaint for one of my paintings of course :wink:

how does that sound?

also look here, steven stahlberg, a digital artist, is making overpaints for all those who want, and simply looking at the changes was teaching me so much! I wouldn't wanna miss it!
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=199&t=359226&page=32&pp=15

sound good to me, I actually do this overpainting thing with my friend, but he sometimes somehow doesn't get the point and make the worst mistakes again :grin:. Too bad my study mates are not very artsy.

anyway You are free to mess with my picture :grin:, tell me if you want bigger resolution or even psd file. There is not much I can do for exchange though, I could change only some details.

oh and lets continue our conversation with personal messages shall we? :smile:

Hello everyone, I was not sleeping the last few weeks and I am happy that I can finally present you my latest work !

now few words about the picture itself: As it is not completely clear, You are looking at valkyrie as I imagine. While she has still fantasyish armor, I wanted to make it possible to craft in 1000ad. You can still recognize few marks connected to what you can see on classic viking armor. The furry small horse with big head is special breed living on iceland and over whole Scandinavia, I am no expert but i think these horses were very common in 1000ad.
Whole picture is set to post apocalyptic theme, after the battle time. And as it usually happens, valkyries comes down to the ground to search for those who fought bravely. then go to Valhalla over the... blah,blah. I think you all know the legend better than me.

native resolution is 9607×6143 so It allows even big prints, think Ill make some A1 for my wall :smile:
I will also pack some wallpaper sizes if you like

valkyriadigitaldistrybu.jpg

BTW: I kept background fuzzy and blurred :smile: (grass mainly)

Impressive, Skvor!

I do think, however, that she looks more like an 'ordinary' shieldmaiden than a wælcyrge. I think the latter would be a little more terrifying, more like this:

Galadriel_green_3.jpg

skvor said:

I'd like one as my wallpaper =D (1920x1200) edit: Oh I can probably just cut off a few pixels from the top and/or bottom.

And if you want critique; I feel like her armor is a bit clean/plain/too perfect compared to the rest of the picture.

Éadríc said:
Impressive, Skvor!

I do think, however, that she looks more like an 'ordinary' shieldmaiden than a wælcyrge. I think the latter would be a little more terrifying, more like this:

Galadriel_green_3.jpg

Eadric she doesnt look terrifying, she looks like she just poo'ed herself!

Éadríc said:
Impressive, Skvor!

Galadriel_green_3.jpg
It is only my vision and it is clear some of you will have different. For example I think valkyrie should not be terrifying at all :grin:

Barabas said:
skvor said:

I'd like one as my wallpaper =D (1920x1200) edit: Oh I can probably just cut off a few pixels from the top and/or bottom.

And if you want critique; I feel like her armor is a bit clean/plain/too perfect compared to the rest of the picture.

I am working on new version right now, ill pack wallpapers of it as soon as possible :smile:

I can add some dirt and scratches to the scales covering torso... is this what you meant?

EDIT: thank you all for nice words !!!!

skvor said:
Barabas said:
skvor said:

I am working on new version right now, ill pack wallpapers of it as soon as possible :smile:

I can add some dirt and scratches to the scales covering torso... is this what you meant?

Yes, awesome =)

new version is here, now in handy wallpaper pack. I did everything that was suggested (not only on this page) and made it even more epic... or at least I hope so.

preview:
valkyrie1440x900vikingr.jpg
wallpaper pack:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMM2NGYO

oh and I had a little fun with idea of Caradoc Mòr :grin: His picture is fantastic, I just tried to rework it slightly.
vikingvsbraverus.jpg

skvor said:
oh and I had a little fun with idea of Caradoc Mòr :grin: His picture is fantastic, I just tried to rework it slightly.
vikingvsbraverus.jpg
°°Caradoc Mòr°° said:
I've found this idea very interesting, and, having some skills in drawing, here's my contribute: a brave Rus fights a fierce Viking!

133225t.png

Awww, so nice redraw of Caradoc Mòr's epic piece, even a spear curve is kept.

I see you've even added some artist's tweaks: these guys behind the Rus dude are throwing crossaints/boomerangs at the Viking. Great, it adds even more realism to the scene!

Ah, and as it's my first reply in this thread, I've got to use my puny words which can't describe so good work to express my admiration to your skill: awesome!

skvor said:
valkyrie1440x900vikingr.jpg
wallpaper pack:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMM2NGYO
  I applaud this lady's hips, though not her style of armouring. :lol: Very beautifully done, though.

vikingvsbraverus.jpg
Hilarious. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom