The Peloponnesian War - Freelancer Integration Project (up. 29/09/11 - 01)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, its a way to make some early coins and get to know the armies, as I've said. I've been testing here and just joined Hermolaos right before they moved to take Argos, there's a 1500 vs 1000+ going on right now. I believe I've fixed the equipment, seems to be coming right this time, if it is I'll put it in the main post.

My 2 cents:

Joined 5 Factions and only the Peloponnesians were actively campaigning.

Besides that the only things that need changing are:
*Party benefits, You should get healed faster and get trained, otherwise you will still need to level up and level up wound treatment yourself.
*Ranking system.(Based on kills or level)
*If possible, the ability to become a captain of infantry or cavalry for example.

is it possible to script that you only able to enlist when a campaign that marshal calling and only able to enlist to marshal(of course he is the marshal)
that allow we into more battle getting more attention(marshal is right under the king so he can give good words for you worth more than someone who king didn't even meet once in his life, with the name just written some where as "son of $%@(%" )
tweak reknown a little higher and I think that will work out

vietanh797 said:
is it possible to script that you only able to enlist when a campaign that marshal calling and only able to enlist to marshal(of course he is the marshal)
that allow we into more battle getting more attention(marshal is right under the king so he can give good words for you worth more than someone who king didn't even meet once in his life, with the name just written some where as "son of $%@(%" )
tweak reknown a little higher and I think that will work out

Restrict the system to only marshall's enlist? Why? If you can do it without restricting it.

Just speak with the lord, ask what is he doing, ask what is the realm doing, and if the both things appoint to a offence/defense of something, see where it's, and if it's near the position, enlist and wait.

err there is always some lords only run around his castle the entire game
restrict it to marshal will stop you from being a soldier the whole life without go anywhere further than 1 finger from the castle

and restrict it to only when campaign is on mean after a war you can return back as a mercenary (you know the famous Greek mercenary that help in Persia civil war?)
and even if you back off from enlist the next time a campaign is on you can enlist again and the game will give you a post in the marshal army that fit with you reknown(that sound more logical to me)

vietanh797 said:
err there is always some lords only run around his castle the entire game
restrict it to marshal will stop you from being a soldier the whole life without go anywhere further than 1 finger from the castle

and restrict it to only when campaign is on mean after a war you can return back as a mercenary (you know the famous Greek mercenary that help in Persia civil war?)
and even if you back off from enlist the next time a campaign is on you can enlist again and the game will give you a post in the marshal army that fit with you reknown(that sound more logical to me)

Have you tried the script? You can actually get out from the Army and re-enlist with your old status, without losing all your progress.

And, I keep saying, you need to ask the lord what is he doing, if he says that he needs to attend personal things, it's obviously that you won't get any battles with him

And when you retire from the army you don't keep enemy relations but only the positive relations with the faction that you enlisted, so you can actually enlist on another army like if you had revolt or something. I think that if you restrict to campaigns and marshalls, you will took a main part of the possibilities of the script.

But the problem is that if that General would start a campaign, you would need to find him again.

Komemnos said:
My 2 cents:

Joined 5 Factions and only the Peloponnesians were actively campaigning.

Besides that the only things that need changing are:
*Party benefits, You should get healed faster and get trained, otherwise you will still need to level up and level up wound treatment yourself.
*Ranking system.(Based on kills or level)
*If possible, the ability to become a captain of infantry or cavalry for example.
These are good things you suggested.But it's basically the freelancer mod's problem,not Lynores' nor TPW's.I assume Lynores just implemented this sub-mod to the features of Peloponnesian War.

Cheers. :wink:

True. I will be fixing glitches and adapting it, tweaking a few things here and there, but I dont want to stray too much from Taragoth's work, since he'll be updating his scripts and there might be conflicts in the future if I change a lot.

EDIT:

I agree with the tweaked rank idea though.

Ok now I'm officially off for a couple days.  :lol:

I believe its all stable enough now, even though I'm sure people will still overlook the bug fixes thread.  :roll:

Catch you folks later.

Lynores said:

I believe its all stable enough now, even though I'm sure people will still overlook the bug fixes thread.  :roll:

Catch you folks later.

Have a good one.

Lynores said:

Catch you folks later.
Enjoy the break. :wink:
All the best!
EDIT:We'll be here,of course.

Slight problem when you've gone on leave and the army you've joined starts a siege battle: you cannot join them until they are done!  My test game was as Peloponnese, and my commander's army (King Agis) assaulted Argos and I arrived and clicked on Argos only to get the option to go through the siege line to enter Argos. No option to join back with my commander and fight.

No, it wasn't desertion.  I went on leave, then while I was on leave but before 14 days was up Agis attacked Argos.  I guess he could be displeased that I asked for leave a few days before a battle, but then why would they allow me to cross the siege lines and enter Argos?  :razz:

This mod is now truly epic. Considering it's only in alpha i can't even imagine how good this could get.

With Freelancer it is hands down the best singleplayer BETA I have ever seen.  This blows alphas out of the water.

Sorry folks, Im a little confused.

I would like to integrate freelancer and help test, I currently have alpha version of TPW installed.
Do I just need the script or do i need to download the other file aswell?

Back
Top Bottom