[ENL] ENL Map Pack 1 | ENL Maps Picked

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6050922277_5b220689ed_o.png

6190548991_0c4a868653_o.png

captain lust said:
Alright. The map council has met and the final decisions have been made!

Thanks very much to Jalapeno, Technoviking, Morii and Alexander. (Morii and Alexander shared a vote, since neither one of them constutes a whole person...)

Also thanks to those who made the maps and everyone who took part in testing and giving feedback for the maps.

Last but not least, thanks to the operators of IG_Battlegrounds and Deutschritter_Clanserver for hosting the maps publicly for testing. This was of great aid. (If you hosted the maps and I missed you, my apologies)

Maps to be removed from the ENL for the Winter Cycle:
  • Ruined Fort

This was decided by a unanimous vote and who am I to question democracy? Say goodbye to our old friend as he (or she) joins Battle on Ice in Map Heaven.

Maps to be added to the ENL for the Winter Cycle:
Closed
  • San'di'boush (on the basis that alterations are made to the map, which help to resolve class balance issues)
  • Vendetta (will possibly receive some tweaks based on future discussions with RRush_Mia)

Open
  • Reveran Village (some cover will be added to spawn 2 and the flag nearest the Mill will be shifted closer towards the castle - possibly some other, minor changes will be included as well)
  • Frosty Battle (more features will be added to neutral points in the map, in order to discourage spawn camping)

These decisions were made based on majority votes by those selected to help make decisions on the introduction of custom maps to the ENL. I (captain lust) was present for the discussions and the voting but did not have a vote.
This is way overdue. Finally the changes are finished for the shortlisted custom maps and they're ready for testing.

Please use only the map versions in this download link: [snip]

This contains the SceneObj files with relevant data in a .txt file. This is all you need to install the maps on your servers. I will be adding them to the official servers shortly, which will be available for practice matches to test the maps.

Now, what is needed is for clans to go out and test these maps in match situations. Schedule unofficial matches between yourselves (preferably 10v10) and try out the shortlisted maps, then post your feedback here.

Reports are most needed on the following:
  • Graphical errors
  • General aesthetics
  • Playability of each class
  • Interest/Enjoyability
  • Balance

Feel free to add anything you deem relevant or helpful.

6190548879_7a278cbb89_o.png

6190552451_c10784f923_o.png
(by captain lust)

6191000902_0f03226c4c_o.jpg

Notable changes from submitted version:

• Stairs added to the graveyard side of the accessible wall.
  • Fire (and some flora) removed for optimal performance.
  • Ladder bug by "Spawn 1" fixed.

6191068088_47ca7058bf_o.png
(by Mia)

6190481733_c6b7c63ebd_o.jpg

• Trees and objects removed for optimal performance.
  • River removed - replaced with "frozen river".
  • Spawns shifted for balance.
  • Radioactive snow fixed.

6190548919_bb65f94743_o.png
(by Jeanne d'Arc)

6191000842_e0abdb93af_o.jpg

• Wall at Spawn 1 no longer accessible.

6190548861_5d2b91baf0_o.png

6190548949_1332784342_o.png
(by Noxx)

6191027554_a434f91e7d_o.jpg

• Inner mountains flattened.
  • Outer mountains are no longer accessible.

6191068124_fc34a51ab0_o.png
(by Stuboi)

6190481775_2a35450dfe_o.jpg

• River between the bridges is accessible.
  • Some trees and objects removed for optimal performance/balance.

6191068138_2f884a7e0e_o.png
(by Arch3r)

6191001054_07cb575588_o.jpg

• Rocks removed to avoid potential issues.
  • Spawns and flags shifted for balance.

I haven't played any of these maps yet, looking forward to test them in like a year.. D:

The Maps are now playable on the Deutschritter_Clanserver!  (located in Paris like the France ENL Server)

Custom Map 1-3 are the closed maps. Custom Map 4-6 are the open maps!

Have Fun!

Regards Andrej

Updated link with fixed terrain codes. Sorry about that. Radioactive snow is now definitely fixed.

Played a few of these on IG and DR. Frosty Battle, in particular, I thought was very entertaining. It doesn't really have any focal points but because it's quite small, it doesn't really matter. Good for intense open fighting and seemed pretty well balanced for all classes.

Still hoping to hear some results from matches though. Going to start nagging clan leaders soon :razz:.

I feel proud to hear that.

Played all these maps on IG_Battlegrounds I remember..
Vendetta was really funny, although the defenders had captured the keep every round  :smile:

Bohemian Guard and Lixh played Vendetta and snowy hamlet,

Vendetta we played with NOrds vs Rhodoks, Maybe was the factions, but I think that it was unbalanced, becuasue Nords always win 5-0.

Snowy Hamlet surprised me, althrough I think there are better maps, but well. Snowy Hamlet allow many tactics, My clan enjoyed a lot. Anyway I wish accept all maps, I dont like the monotony, and the clans i think they have enough time to train the maps...

As Spainer said Vendetta was really in favor of nord team, but it's same as village. I think, that problem with vendetta are those 3 towers.
Snowy Hamlet is nice map, at least from what marvv told me, becouse i couldn't play that map. Overall it was nice match.

Thanks very much for the testing and the reports. Hoping for more from others as all of these will be very important, when deciding how and which maps are introduced.

I'll be playing on some of the new maps tonight in a clanwar. Will report back on my findings.

We played against Rrush 2 days ago on Reveran Village and Vendetta. They both seem to be good. Haven't find any bug or glitch. And it was pretty enjoyable.

Mawi said:
We played against Rrush 2 days ago on Reveran Village and Vendetta. They both seem to be good. Haven't find any bug or glitch. And it was pretty enjoyable.

In vendetta How did you finish? To me was quite unbalanced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom