BUGS, CRASHES, PROBLEMS Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Auldman

Knight at Arms

Thx for your patience and a huge hurray for all ppl contributing (in few words: the Gabby's Bunch :wink: )

Please be sure you downloaded the New 1776 Version 1.5 before posting here!!!  :wink:

Please, DO NOT add things already said!!  :roll:

THX :mrgreen:

IMPORTANT!! Please read:
Just please, when starting:
But most things work like charme. Just please, when starting:

-Update to Warband version 1.143
-Start a New Game. Delete old 1776 savegames
-DO NOT use any kind of translations. Use only original ENGLISH Warband version.
-Say NO to 16 companions all in 1st tavern
-NEVER EVER make RANDOM face generation . NEVER, please! It will crash the game...
-DO NOT choose ALBANY as first Town to meet Merchant, it still crashes (only sometimes)
-SAVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, after Merhant gives you 1st mission, close the game to DESKTOP and load your last save. That helps to avoid some random CTD (Crashes To Desktop) and loads all musics and sounds of 1776 in a correct way (expecially if you played another WB mod, before )
-put to minimum all graphics, Battle size, Cheats off, etc. If all works good, improve some performances issues, step by step, and see what causes crashes.

IF STILL have bad PC or game issues, ........well....sit down confortable, and read (AND DO!!!) all steps here: (it is a pain in the butt, but it solved ALL my old Brytenwalda problems  :wink: )

FIRST STEP LINK: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209372.msg4981784.html#msg4981784

SECOND STEP LINK: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163475.msg3954028.html#msg3954028

Gabby​

GOOD NEWS: we basically fixed most of worst bugs!!!

PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerful pc for this mod. I personally have to play low/medium video performance with my cheap pc.

Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

In case of serious PC problems

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.​

.1st 
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1755 MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd 
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link
FIRST STEP LINK: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209372.msg4981784.html#msg4981784

SECOND STEP LINK: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163475.msg3954028.html#msg3954028

THX  :grin:

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1776 OLD FRONTIER IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1. 143 or at least v. 1.134

LIST:
(ok, Auld&Dell....edit this list and....correct my english, though, ok? :oops: )

-TROOPS:
-Spanish Cuirassier has mising Dragoon boots.

-Dutch need to be fixed.

-Remove "boots" from "American Recruit" and leave "Buckled Shoes."

-Lords are not crossing the sea to fight. Pathing issue and needs looking in to.

-Companions can also be "killed" and this also because they are possibly assigned as troops.
(WAIT....check if they are Heroes or by mistake, they were not assigned as Heroes!!! )

-Hair shining through some tricornes and definitely through 17th light dragoon helmet.

-Uniforms- Blue highlander comes up on the waist not the head, Continental Staff Uniform Is invisible.

- Some Townsman's Boots are invisible. Generals Do not really have a "Real Uniform" Just like a regular Clothing. 

-ITEMS
-Cavalry boots from B&G mod appear wrong on the feet of troops.

-Arrows/bolts-speed and image need to be fixed.

-NPC's Cannot be given items or modified. Possibly because they are assigned as troops? (YES, the "Hero" sign has to be ON in Morghs. That might be it!)

-Assign French troops "Charleville Musket" and leave "Model 1728" to US.

-Bayonet Is slow motion for long pattern.

-All other weapons (muskets and Pistols) when you go in melee they are invisible.

-FACTIONS

-French need to be removed from Canada.

-When France And Iroquois Make treaties and And other agreements They have same Flag.

-CRASHES

-Answer NO to 1st question about having 16 companions reunided at 1st tavern OR GAME WILL CRASH (Dell, leave it like that pls, I modified text in game and ppl have to follow instructions  :roll: We have MORE important things to do!!  :wink: )

-Some folks are still experiencing crashes after face "randomization."
SO.....do not randomize!!  :roll: (Dell, leave it like that pls, I modified text in game and ppl have to follow instructions  :roll: We have MORE important things to do!!  :wink: )

-Crash at some castles-Albany, Quebec, and Chickasaw...

Gameplay Issues

-Mini-map is not functioning. Parties do not move across map.

- Casualties are sometimes not displayed on left-hand side of screen during combat. Sometimes player is not notified a battle is won either.

-Map runs extremely laggy when "you wait here for a while".

-The map that is in that Custom Commander Mod (The map Not holding down Backspace) Is not Accurate. It freezes. And to refresh it you have to keep opening the "back space map".

-Sometimes Backspace will not open anything.

-Formations do not work they just run to side of the map. Maps Glitched, Such as Spawning Under Water, Rocks and building in mid air.

-Caravans And merchant ships stuck on the border of America and surrounding places

-Colony Ship Is All White

-Holland Party's Carry Caves on the horses.

1. keep getting a crap load of blue stuff flash before my screen when i look at Freindlys

2.nothing else

i have a problem:with de game is loading, some messages appear in red, the game closes, and then get a message saying: get_object failed for texture:  :?:

hmmmm welll there is this problem where when ur bayonet troops and and officers go into battle when the get close to an enemy and try to attack them...nothing happens they just stand there in the attack position.....half my army died because of that problem

also idk if this is a bug or u put this in on purpose but i can only gives fiefs to certin companios all my other companions it dsnt let me choose that option.

- Book merchants sell no books :smile:
- muskets fired on horseback? wanted?
- muskets reload while walking? wanted

- tournaments are messed up, missing items etc.
- error message: unable to find material hair_red (Ymira)
- armor vendors have no boots or gloves to sell

- strange items in New orleans tavern :smile:
- can't enter several places... like philadelphia castle... but it differs... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....
- too much diplomacy informations... very annoying

- where are the CHICKS!?! getting strange error message about courtesy

-All kinds of random items from "Medieval" era in shops.
-Some people have no knees connecting their legs to shoes/boots.
-Continental officers uniform makes the body dissapear.
-Cavalry boots cause players skin to "Act up" I will call it.

When I see robes, armor, swords and helmets it kinda kills the 1776 mood.  :neutral: I do know this is alpha though  :wink: Confident it will be corrected in the future.

**When I find more bugs/issues going to post them here.

Sorry if some of this has been repeated already
-You need to remove a lot of medieval items in the shops and from some troops
-The American Indian factions use native troop trees. I suggest being able to upgrade them to having guns or being mounted.
-Crash when trying to enter the castle during feasts
-Tourney ground is really bad for it's purpose

Runtime errors in some situations (mostly enter battle or enter village) at 120% performance
already increased user va and texture quality at 60%
any solutions?

Rigadoon said:
Sorry if some of this has been repeated already
-You need to remove a lot of medieval items in the shops and from some troops
-The American Indian factions use native troop trees. I suggest being able to upgrade them to having guns or being mounted.
-Crash when trying to enter the castle during feasts
-Tourney ground is really bad for it's purpose
CIAO Rig!! :lol:
Yes, some were said already (one is over your post, even...hehe :twisted: ) but you are forgiven.
I removede TONs of old stuff, but many are still there on Shops... :???:

Time and/or help are our enemies.... :mad:

Gab
PS WANNA PLAY AS ZULUUUUUUUU, pleeeease. I promise i will advertize your mod, when out  :wink:

Killjoy187 said:

When I see robes, armor, swords and helmets it kinda kills the 1776 mood.  :neutral: I do know this is alpha though  :wink: Confident it will be corrected in the future.

Ok, ok....but I did not hear you screaming loud of joy for the Map addings (Halifax, you spoiled boy?????  :twisted: hehehe)
...or did I miss your comment on that?  :shock:
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
Killjoy187 said:

Ok, ok....but I did not hear you screaming loud of joy for the Map addings (Halifax, you spoiled boy?????  :twisted: hehehe)
...or did I miss your comment on that?  :shock:
Gabby

Gab I did see my city Halifax and it's sister city Dartmouth on the map. I LOVE IT. Thank you so much for making 1776 possible, it's too bad people leave before the works complete. Gabrilduro, you and your small team have delivered two wonderful mods. I look forward to see 1776's completion. As for my joyful call, it was loud enough to hear in Italy :wink:.

i think that the americans should have a mix of different arms, considering they were a rag tag army of rebels, and didnt just solely use the model 1728. they should have charlevilles, pennsylvanias, and short and long patterns as well. the american soldiers during the revolution used a multitude of arms supplied from their own homes, the french, the spanish, and the british (stolen from them of course :razz:).

King85 said:
i think that the americans should have a mix of different arms, considering they were a rag tag army of rebels, and didnt just solely use the model 1728. they should have charlevilles, pennsylvanias, and short and long patterns as well. the american soldiers during the revolution used a multitude of arms supplied from their own homes, the french, the spanish, and the british (stolen from them of course :razz:).

They don't just have the 1728. The stock recruit should have the hunter musket he brings from his own home and the later sharpshooters have Pennsylvanias. They don't soley have the 1728 or should not as I gave Gab a list of different guns to give them. I'll check their tree again but they were given at least 3 types by me in the list I gave Gab.

Auldman said:
King85 said:

They don't just have the 1728. The stock recruit should have the hunter musket he brings from his own home and the later sharpshooters have Pennsylvanias. They don't soley have the 1728 or should not as I gave Gab a list of different guns to give them. I'll check their tree again but they were given at least 3 types by me in the list I gave Gab.

i didnt mean all the troops as a whole, i was refrencing more the continentals and other more elite infantry troops who have solely 1728's

King85 said:
Auldman said:
King85 said:

i didnt mean all the troops as a whole, i was refrencing more the continentals and other more elite infantry troops who have solely 1728's

I can see giving one of the  Continental types an upgrade to a Charleville but I'd prefer the lower-level one keep the 1728. I also gave the Sharpshooter a Pennsy which made them elite considering they come at the top of their section of the tree. I may swap them out for a Green Mountain boy with a Pennsy once Alan is able to model again. But you have to have a gradual build or you just end up with no balance and everyone is super-nerfed out. I know you understand that as you wanted "motley" and "rag-tag" which they were. I gave the base recruit a hunter's musket because I envisioned these guys having come in from their farms and fields with just their fowling pieces and hunting equipment which pretty realistic. For comparison the GB tree starts with the Loyalist Tory recruit who is pretty similar. I'll add in a Charleville to one or two of the troop types but the Pennsy being the most accurate and deadly of the rifles should stay pretty exclusive and prized.

Also stuff like this belongs, in the future, in "Suggestions" and not in "Bug Reports."

Auldie, I love my Hunter and Rifled muskets, for their moving mechanics when they shoot (and other things)
They were lowered to poor weapons, but I put them in elite weapons again.
You have to consider that, when giving them to recruits.
Frontier basic muskets would be better, but I also made THREE different ammo now, Cheap, Medium and Best, both for long and short guns (pistols) and you can play with that issue as well (Top weapon with cheap ammo, etc  :wink: )

Oh, folks, also, ALL my weapons can use same ammo BAGS (I immagine any ammo you need in ONE bag and you have a free spot in your battle Inventory :roll: ) and are built on crossbows.

The last skill in the charachter profile is called pistols but has to be modified to BIG GUNS and will be for future cannons (I ll show a video of those, soon  :wink: )
I also like ALL weapons as I made them: shootable and loadable in EVERY situation, walking, on horse etc....
ONLY ecception: Bayonetted muskets (if they are different, pls point which one, cuz I forgot to change that, then)
Thx
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Auldie, I love my Hunter and Rifled muskets, for their moving mechanics when they shoot (and other things)
They were lowered to poor weapons, but I put them in elite weapons again.
You have to consider that, when giving them to recruits.
Frontier basic muskets would be better, but I also made THREE different ammo now, Cheap, Medium and Best, both for long and short guns (pistols) and you can play with that issue as well (Top weapon with cheap ammo, etc  :wink: )

Oh, folks, also, ALL my weapons can use same ammo BAGS (I immagine any ammo you need in ONE bag and you have a free spot in your battle Inventory :roll: ) and are built on crossbows.

The last skill in the charachter profile is called pistols but has to be modified to BIG GUNS and will be for future cannons (I ll show a video of those, soon  :wink: )
I also like ALL weapons as I made them: shootable and loadable in EVERY situation, walking, on horse etc....
ONLY ecception: Bayonetted muskets (if they are different, pls point which one, cuz I forgot to change that, then)
Thx
Gab

I'll redo the items list for troops then before next release. I have to even things out then. I wanted the lower level troops to have very basic weapons but if you want Hunter Musket's to be elite that changes things. I'll use the Frontier Musket then. I'll also have to give the right ammo to where I think the soldier is in the tree and his rank. I'll redo that and resubmit them to you.

Back
Top Bottom