The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Tournament is a place holder, I've just replaced the native one with scene and weapons, it'll be changed for the beta. Regarding the macedonians, I was planning to create a script to implement reforms and there are inconsistencies because of that. It'll be changed as well as some other factions for better accuracy, as I mentioned in the download thread. Another change will be the addition of the macedonian smaller shield for that specific timeframe and different units.

there are oenophyta villages, and there are 2 cities with the same name and ubication, k-sth, 1 is Delian and the other persian :/
also the shield holding is a bit weird, when attacking a castle you can easily headshot enemy hoplites if you are below them ( they put their shield at their left as if they where tired)

Escaped Helots are a little well equipped for my taste they are still super easy to kill but i feel they should be dressed in rags and welding  makeshift weapons

Also are they spawning the after the first few days I never seem to see any bandits?

io543 said:
I've noticed some weird things during the tournament.
Firstly, sometimes the player has less equipment than it should.
for example, it might have a bow without a sword, sword without a shield or even armless.
It seems that the AI has a Celtic two handed sword WITH a shield while the player has no weapons seems a little funny.

Secondly, I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but there seems to be some historic inaccuracies?
some examples are, (I've started at Macedon) Alexander is the king of Macedon, where I believe the mod is during the "Peloponnesian war" where it is set before a Century before Alexander the great's birth.

anyways, that's what I have noticed so far. Other than that it seems like the best mod I played so far with this game. Good job!

Oh, and I forgot. It's no big deal but is it possible the colours of the tournament teams could be slightly more noticeable?

That's Alexander I of Macedon, father of Perdiccas II, the latter being known for his duplicity and constant switching of sides.

Finally got round to playing this, I have to say that I am very impressed. Really like the troop selection bit at the start of a battle, how did you code that? All those extra options enhance combat alot, well done!

Seems to be a bit laggy though (on the map, battles are fine), that may just be my pc though, anyone else?
Also thought i'd ask, why do you make the garrisons so large?

Tsubodai said:
Finally got round to playing this, I have to say that I am very impressed. Really like the troop selection bit at the start of a battle, how did you code that? All those extra options enhance combat alot, well done!

Seems to be a bit laggy though (on the map, battles are fine), that may just be my pc though, anyone else?
Also thought i'd ask, why do you make the garrisons so large?

Yea on the map it tends to get laggy at some points.

I've found one thing that needs to be fixed.  In this mod there tends to be huge battle os 1000+ combatants.  While this is just epic and awesome on land it isn't so when you siege a fort.  The siege of a fort ends up being a cluster of a lot of people on one ladder.  Perhaps in the beta there could be a way to implement multiple points of entry when besieging a fort.  Take for example the Imperium Romanum sub-mod for brytenwalda.  When you sige a fort or city there is mulitple ways to get into the fort.  This provides a better expirience and less lag. 

Atikus said:
I've found one thing that needs to be fixed.  In this mod there tends to be huge battle os 1000+ combatants.  While this is just epic and awesome on land it isn't so when you siege a fort.  The siege of a fort ends up being a cluster of a lot of people on one ladder.  Perhaps in the beta there could be a way to implement multiple points of entry when besieging a fort.  Take for example the Imperium Romanum sub-mod for brytenwalda.  When you sige a fort or city there is mulitple ways to get into the fort.  This provides a better expirience and less lag.

I second that

I don't know if there are all of these units everywhere on the map, but near where I started (Sparta) there are escaped helots which I have to take down in the first quest. As usual, it takes me to recruit 5 men to take them down, and as usual, I recruit more than 5 men. They were pretty deadly for starting bandits, and took half of my units down (10), and it made me realize that 5 recruits are no match for the same or similar amount of armoured bandits. I recommend starting bandits not being heavily armoured, as there is somewhat of a small gap in difficulty. Though if Peloponnesian youth are upgraded to the next tier, the battle seems pretty even, I'll give it that. 

Dear Lynores can you please tell me where I can find alien League owl shield. I mean ,in which city.please reply.I am searching for a long time

Back
Top Bottom