The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

equipment should be found in areas that they are native to

IE celtic swords should not appear on the shelves of markets in athens

Got to do some playing so far. Looks good so far. Had an awesome moment where we both ran up to each other, and stopped formed lines, and slowly advanced to each other and we had a shield wall battle.  :cool:

By the way the music is very good. Props to whoever did it/chose it.

I'm not sure if it would really be possible, but being able to form a proper phalanx would be great. Obviously you can't get a complete representation of hoplite warfare, seeing as strength, stamina and will featured so heavily, but having the men hold the line would be fantastic.

Bangell said:
I'm not sure if it would really be possible, but being able to form a proper phalanx would be great. Obviously you can't get a complete representation of hoplite warfare, seeing as strength, stamina and will featured so heavily, but having the men hold the line would be fantastic.

hello?
press 1 to choose infantry
Press F4 and then F5
you will get the phalanx :wink:

tenerife_boy said:
Bangell said:

hello?
Press F4 and then F5
Copy-paste Janko. :wink:

The ai tends to attack first then use a shield attack a microsecond later giving me no time to counter the second attack, to go into close quarters combat is basically suicide.

tenerife_boy said:
Bangell said:

hello?
Press F4 and then F5
Not doing anything for me.

I don't know if this has been reported, but, I don't know if it was purposly... but.. the shield might need to be re-positioned.

dude24oak said:
I don't know if this has been reported, but, I don't know if it was purposly... but.. the shield might need to be re-positioned.

The shield looks fine to me. Are you talking about this weird thing where it seems to drift to your side instead of covering your front? Look up, your shield will move infront of you. I think it has to do with the shields size.

Don't know if my game is updated properly (since shield bash isn't working) but training an army is very hard at the moment.

Reasons:
*The only bandits I've come across are helots in the Peloponnesos area, but since they spawn around 20 max units, training only goes so far before your party get's too slow.. (walked around Crete for awhile without and Cretan spawning.)

*Caravan hunting is based on luck, meaning that you have to be lucky that your faction is at war with the caravan's owner, which can change again in an instance.

Maybe I've failed to see any good training methods, but maybe someone experience the same issue's..

Lynores, the mod is great, only thing I can think of that should be changed, is the spamming of the diplomacy (already said), other than that nothing comes to mind.

Many thanks for the great feedback, Komemnos, its been a big help. There was a gap in a condition block for bandits so it became random, hence why some players got them and some didnt. Should be working in the next patch. I will get to the diplomacy issue soon. I'll update the fix in a couple minutes.

EDIT:

its not every single scene that shield bash is scripted to, it should work on vs lords encounters and regular encounters as bandits and etc.

Back
Top Bottom