The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

chariots

nuff said

actually now that i think of it the only time i saw a chariot type implementation was those retarded snowmobiles in the land of bleeding ice mode

Like what has been said freelancer, more units and armors and religious factors. You should add some of the same features from BRYTENWALDA. I love that mod, but would much rather have its features in a time period like this.

More Ideas

1. A Culture system based on your selected birthplace (aka just like how Brythenwalda allows you to select whether you were a roman, celtic, etc) tied with a title system. For instance if you select that you are a Noble Man Born in Sparta you would have the title "of Sparta" and be able to recruit spartan troops from your villages.

2. Enhanced Claimant interaction: The one thing I hate about Claimants is that you HAVE to follow them to assist them, why is it that as a King you cannot simply support a Claimant (like  if you are at war with another nation, or if the other nation is your enemy) through sending out a diplomat supporting his legitamacy or providing him with money, resources, and troops??? It happened in real life all the time, why not have it in the game?

3. Diplomats: I would love to see a Diplomat NPC wander up to me and offer me a truce, alliance, trade, or declare war on me rather then just instantaniously get a message saying that Xnation would like a treaty with me (if that even happens) in other words the AI would interact in diplomacy, and a Diplomat similar to a Recruiter or Merchant group would travel to my nation or another nation asking for some diplomatic action. (as to make diplomacy more interactive). This could also create more quests such as attack Diplomat Caravan X in order to stop the formation of treaty Y.

4. A King's Standing Menu page: this would display all of the lords of the realm, their renown, relation with the king (in # form), and their general standing in the realm.

5. Enhanced Sieges/looting: Brythenwalda has this

6. More Important Capitals: The Capital of A Nation should be prioritized in defense rather then random outpost x.

7. Larger Government/Interactive populations: I would love to walk into Government Chambers and see a Council debating issues within the kingdom, or have a member of the council report on several issues/ proposed solutions that could better the realm almost as if I was affirming legislation or what-not. In terms of Interactive Populations perhaps a meter that shows how much the commoners of a nation supports me (as well as the other lords) in terms of how we are aiding the nation and our relationship with them.

8. Acknowledged National Borders: I would love it if there were some way that a nations borders would be respected by another nations lord unless there was some sort of alliance or war going on, in other words LORD X would not randomly skip through my lands as if he were a vasal of my nation.

9. Economic Charts: I know that this is a tad advanced but perhaps a chart showing economic growth/declines in Towns/Villages/Castles would be incredibly helpful in judging economic policy.

10. More Buildings (including religious buildings): enuf said

Tsubodai said:
Did you ever think of making the start date a little earlier and having the Persian invasion?

This; it would be awesome-sauce to have it coded like the invasion in Teatrc I think it was? XX number of days until the massive persian hordes invade...

I wouldn't mind a fair bit of tweaking to the weapon names, stats and graphics but that really is a later polish change as far as I am concerned.

The tournament system needs an overhaul to be more in line with the culture/time frame.

I'd be very interested in some changes to the economic structures/town/fort improvement to better reflect ancient greece. Religion would be nice, but complicated...ideally should have a whole lot of different temples.

and yes, Bandits should be more bandit like and the rogue hoplites out there turned into roving mercenaries

Democracy:
- The more threatening that Sparta is, the more that people will support democracy, to the point where for example Thebes and Corinth can change into a democratic government
- You can support "pretenders" by trying to persuade the people
- You can push for democracy to be instituted in multiple phases (Cleisthenes-style, then Pericles-style)
- You have to get elected Archon in order to be allowed to recruit certain kinds of troops. Alternatively, this may be a bonus to party size and/or give a daily budget.
- Ostracism
- You can persuade the people to vote to build something faster and/or give you money to build something.

THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAA!
- Voting by shouting really loudly (based on Strength?)
- Two kings
- When you take over places as Sparta, you have to find rich oligarchs to serve as a puppet regime, and they can be overthrown if you don't protect them
- Helot revolutions

ssfsx17 said:
Democracy:
- The more threatening that Sparta is, the more that people will support democracy, to the point where for example Thebes and Corinth can change into a democratic government
- You can push for democracy to be instituted in multiple phases (Cleisthenes-style, then Pericles-style)
- You have to get elected Archon in order to be allowed to recruit certain kinds of troops. Alternatively, this may be a bonus to party size and/or give a daily budget.
- Ostracism
- You can persuade the people to vote to build something faster and/or give you money to build something.

THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAA!
- Two kings
- When you take over places as Sparta, you have to find rich oligarchs to serve as a puppet regime, and they can be overthrown if you don't protect them
- Helot revolutions

I know that this is out of context but here:

Sparta Was a Constitutional Democracy... and granted its women more rights than Athens... Sparta also had a reputation for opposing Tyrants.... So yeah that wouldnt be historically accurate at all..
------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways I would love to see more banners :grin:

penquin11 said:
ssfsx17 said:
Democracy:
- Ostracism

THIS! IS! SPARTAAAAAAAA!
- Two kings
- Helot revolutions

Sparta Was a Constitutional Democracy... and granted its women more rights than Athens... Sparta also had a reputation for opposing Tyrants.... So yeah that wouldnt be historically accurate at all..
------------------------------------------------------------

This. I also believe Sparta had their form of democracy way before Athens as well. Sparta's government is a bit too complicated to effectively put in the game I gues.

(And yeah MP! :razz:)

penquin11 said:

Sparta's democracy was restricted to Spartiates, with everyone else being either in charge of beating up Helots, or being Helots who got beat up all the time.

The basis for their gender equality was to make women as similar to men as possible. For example, their marriage ceremonies involved dressing up women like men so that the men would be interested enough to make babies. Granted, Sparta did give more rights to women than Athens did, but Athens still had the option of female suffrage open since they were making plays like Medea and Lysistrata. Of course thanks to Alexander the Great we may never know if Athens could have gotten there.

While Sparta opposed single tyrants, they had no problem installing thirty tyrants in Athens. They did something similar to Thebes. Both of these regime changes were quickly undone.

While Sparta had their form of limited, Spartiate-oriented, Helot-whipping, regime-installing democracy before Cleisthenes did his reforms, they did not change it afterwards whereas Athens was able to change, and Thebes took after the Athenian model rather than the Spartan one.

First off, as amusing I find it, this isn't really the place for an in-depth historical debate :wink:

Secondly, ALL of the greek 'democracies' has interesting definitions of who counted as people...and basically all of them kept slaves so getting into any 'Athenian democracy was more democratic than Spartan democracy' nonsense is just that, nonsense.  The internal politics and structure of the city-states are just too complicated to deal with in a game like this which isn't really centered on that sort of thing anyways.

I'm having a hard time finding anybody to fight.  More bandits please; barbarians, pirates, theives, mercenary gangs out for loot.
I think the playabilty would improve if you increased the map speed.  Great start!

Cheers,

I suggest uploading patches to a site such as Mediafire. Just the uploader has to make an account, and it's really worth it. Great site.

Also, uploading to the MBRepository would be preferable to both the current site and mediafire, but this is just a suggestion.

http://www.mediafire.com/

BattleOfValmy said:
I suggest uploading patches to a site such as Mediafire. Just the uploader has to make an account, and it's really worth it. Great site.

Also, uploading to the MBRepository would be preferable to both the current site and mediafire, but this is just a suggestion.

http://www.mediafire.com/

I will do that. I've been having terrible uploading issues and unfortunately file factory was the only one that actually worked, but the connection seems to be back to normal now.

I think it would be really cool if you made custom arena outfits to make them look like gladiators. I was pretty confused fighting in the tournament in Roma and everyone looked like a muslim.

Easy thing about this is that it is very clear what the gladiators equipment was between different types. Which would fit well between the horseback, 2handers, 1handers, archers, and javelin throwers.

You can design some awesome Gladiator armors and weapons and put them on the arena fighters.

Would add a whole new aspect to the game. And make tournament fighting more attractive.

Kendoman said:
I'm having a hard time finding anybody to fight.  More bandits please; barbarians, pirates, theives, mercenary gangs out for loot.
I think the playabilty would improve if you increased the map speed.  Great start!

Cheers,
I agree.

Also, any chance for some helmets with hair hanging out the back?

More celtic clothing with more war paint designs?

Edit: Also, how about more authentic women dresses? This is an area thats constantly ignored in mods. Those ugly blue green dresses need to go!  :mrgreen:
greek-woman-with-chiton-t13320.jpg

The only suggestion I have (Not that other suggest are bad, they are great), is that the sling shouldn't be that underappreciated and underpowered, in fact, I want them to be actually more powerful and accurate than bows, which is consistent with this era. They should be able to be used along with a shield, but not on horseback.

(I am obessed with slings)

Hello folks.

I have a suggestion about the celtic sword, the weapon reach value is way too low :

Capturedcran2011-09-24131236.png

Compared to how the blade model looks like :

Capturedcran2011-09-24132029.png

Can you put the weapon reach value at 70/75 please ?  :grin:

Also it's a great mod, thanks a lot mate.

I am sorry if this pisses you off.

But mabie once the mod has had about 7 patches, perhaps multiplayer could be implemented in the mod.
I can see epic events if this was on multiplayer.

My 2 cents. Sorry if the suggestion pisses you off.

Back
Top Bottom