The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you can hit something at say 10m with a musket with pinpoint accuracy (just random numbers), the rifle is more accurate so you can hit with the same accuracy at 13m. Don't blame me, it's the answer he gave.

Agovic said:
Montenegro crushing the French in Croatia and the Adriatic isles

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Croatian coast and isles along it were liberated by the British navy, with Austrian infantry support. I actually came across a newspaper article with a direct copy of a British letter where a guy named Pellew (Not ****ting you) talks about the operation and gives the strengths and number of cannons on each fortress. Even Kotar bay.

Denmark didn't leave France. I find it interesting you mention that state but not Naples, who stabbed Napoleon pretty much in the back. Nor did you mention the Netherlands. I'm personally offended.  ( :wink: )

For example, would a brown bess be slightly more damaging than a Charleville?
Only if the .71 caliber bullet the bess throws is as fast or faster than the .69 caliber of the Charleville. Even then, the difference in reality would be inconsequential.

Vicccard said:
Agovic said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Croatian coast and isles along it were liberated by the British navy, with Austrian infantry support. I actually came across a newspaper article with a direct copy of a British letter where a guy named Pellew (Not ****ting you) talks about the operation and gives the strengths and number of cannons on each fortress. Even Kotar bay.

It's funny you use the term "liberated", seeing how the Slavic and Dalmatian population in that region was being oppressed by the Austrians/Hungarians for centuries. If anyone came close to liberating them, then it was Napoleon when he created the Illyrian provinces.

Croatia, much like most regions alongside the border, was very pro-Habsburg. Napoleon modernized the system, it can't be denied, but he was no liberator. He of course liked to be seen as such.

Anyway, I used the term 'liberated' because the French, one way or the other, had the region occupied. I meant no political statements with it.

Vicccard said:
Croatia, much like most regions alongside the border were very pro-Habsburg. Napoleon modernized the system, it can't be denied, but he was no liberator. He of course liked to be seen as such.

Croatians were a minority in the Illyrian provinces. The majority of the population was either Slovenian or Dalmatian (they did not consider themselves Croatians). Of course Croatian would be pro Austrian, they allowed them to rule over Slavonia and Dalmatia.

BTW the Slovenian population saw him as the liberator. What they didn't like was the new war tax though.

Vicccard said:
Anyway, I used the term 'liberated' because the French, one way or the other, had the region occupied. I meant no political statements with it.

I know why you said it.

I said 'Croatia'. Not 'Croatians'. I meant the regions in general.

I'm not sure why we are discussing this, though. Point remains that the French garrisons in Croatia and Dalmatia were not defeated by Montenegro, but by the British and Austrians.

Vicccard said:
I said 'Croatia'. Not 'Croatians'. I meant the regions in general.

I'm not sure why we are discussing this, though. Point remains that the French garrisons in Croatia and Dalmatia were not defeated by Montenegro, but by the British and Austrians.

That's not true. Montenegro won the entire war.

Just kidding. They did play their part in it though. Just not as big of a part as some would like to believe  :wink:

Vicccard said:
Agovic said:

Denmark didn't leave France. I find it interesting you mention that state but not Naples, who stabbed Napoleon pretty much in the back. Nor did you mention the Netherlands. I'm personally offended.  ( :wink: )
You know that Admiral Pellew was a real guy :razz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Pellew,_1st_Viscount_Exmouth

Will King George III make an appearence in the mod? It least I would find it very, umm...

...let's just say that, I wouldn't be surprised to find him attending a certain mentally unstable tea party, if you know what I mean.

Neuron said:
@Docm; On another note do you happen to know if there were any major differences between the pre-1812 infantry shako plates? I've seen a few people discussing whether or not the crown at the top was replaced with different regiment roles, i.e grenade, hunting horn, etc. Mostly curious in relation to the Foot Guard shako plates, particularly the 1800-1812 one on the right hand page.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5345/001kbxb.jpg

Digging this up again after the argument on the previous page. That said, I'd love to see some of the more famous figures from the time making an appearance; if I remember rightly Docm teased some pianists already?

I have an question, is it possible to add an musket ramrod to the animation? You dont need it im just asking because if it was possible, it would be awsome.

Because jerking of the musket just looks wierd :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom