SP Musket Era Csatádi's Visual and Historical Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I encountered a couple strange bugs in my Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth playthrough.
First bug: the three lords that supported me during the deluge quest are all staying in their fiefs, occassionally travelling to different fortresses, not replenishing their troops at all, even though hundreds of days have past. I managed to complete the questline without them thankfully, but it would still be nice to have them be useful vassals rather than just sitting in fiefs, permanently.
Also, my relations bugged out with one of the lords i mentioned, and now i have over 100 relations with him:
VIfYCvV.jpg

Second bug: at the end of every marshal voting, no matter which vassal i choose to be the marshal, the game still comes up with a popup that i am now the marshal.

I'm playing with the experimental infantry patch, in case that has something to do with it.

Some lords and rulers in the game always stuck with minimal army. We didn't mod the recruiting script, we only added new recruiting options. Anyone knows the solution we would like use it in the mod.

The marshal voting issue might be resolved. I will check it later.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for the response!
As i was playing i found two more bugs, both involving battles.
For the first one, in some cases enemy lords would join the battle on my side against their own fellow lords. It seems to happen mostly when the enemy group is sieging a fief, and i attack one of them while having a lord or more accompanying me, and as long as one ally of mine joins me, all the enemies do so aswell.This kind of makes defending against a huge force incredibly easy.

The second bug i found is an error after an enemy lord is supposed to be captured. After winning the battle, instead of having the option to emprison or let the lord go like normal, this error pops up:
BIYEdZA.jpg
and the lord just escapes.

I encountered a few minor other issues, such as not being able to recruit scottish mercenaries from the garrison commander (idk if i should even have the option to recruit them, i thought the scottish troops were for the swedish, and i'm with the polish, so i thought i would be able to recruit lithuanian musketeers instead, but i haven't seen any option to get them so far) because it says they take 0 days to train, and clicking on them also creates an error.

Other than that, i'm really loving the mod so far. I have one question however, i also haven't encountered any Finnish Hakkapeliitta mercenaries so far, were they removed from the mod? I saw some screenshots showcasing them and them being listed in the features.

Yes, sometimes enemy lords side with you. We would need a coder guy to check this issue and similar ones you mentioned before.

Are you sure the menu_total_victory is related to capturing lords? You may capture them in some battles.

Hakkapeliitta was an informal name, they were renamed to Finnish Horsemen or similar. Lords hire randomly, some got the option to hire them.

So, this menu might be responsible for that error. The line that gives the error is about defeated heroes (NPCs that cannot die, so lords count). In the original WFaS I couldn't see an issue in the code, there might be something different in the mod's module system. If someone can confirm if the original game has this issue or not, that would mean a lot.

Csatádi said:
Are you sure the menu_total_victory is related to capturing lords? You may capture them in some battles.
In some occassions i can capture them, but a lot of the time i just get the error, and the lord just escapes without a popup or anything. When lords escape after a battle, it gives a popup and it works fine, that's why i think the error is related to capturing lords.
Csatádi said:
Hakkapeliitta was an informal name, they were renamed to Finnish Horsemen or similar. Lords hire randomly, some got the option to hire them.
So the only way to get them is through prisoners, correct? I'm guessing it's the same for the Lithuanian troops that polish lords sometimes have.

Also, on a side note, do you think it would be possible to have the mercenary hajduks upgrade into a veteran version? From my knowledge, there existed hajduk officers, and the mercenary hungarian hussars already upgrade to hussar officers.

Antonis:
I'm quite sure the original game has this issue. The error message appears only in edit mode so most probably won't notice.
Most of the bugs Alkaliner mentioned are vanilla bugs.

Finnish troops can be hired if you are part of the Swedish faction. Similarly with Lithuanians when you are Polish.

Hungarian officers are just a heritage from the period when the mod was only my personal mod. Currently I have no plans for any new stuff, just to fix mod bugs when I will have time.

Csatádi said:
Oldtimer said:
swedish gov issue sword used then was the "Schwedendegen". Neapolitan lancers of TYW fame  used often full plate well into the second half of XVII-th century. They were often called by contemporaries cuirassiers, not lancers.
Thanks but Schwedendegen from Digitaltmuseum are dated to 1680 or later. Could you give me sources?
What Neapolitans used has nothing to do with Sweden, sorry, and the TYW period is over. Maybe the difference is just 7 years but military books about the TYW tend to focus on the early and middle period and rarely about the end. There were changes during the years.

Righty,

sry for late answer but I´ve been to Vvardenfell for the last couple of months. Anyway:

- http://norskevaapen.no/?p=1846

- http://hhogman.se/vapen_blank.htm

The second link is in swedish. Correctly states that Gustav II Adolf imported large quantities of swords from the Netherlands.
These became known as "schwedendegen" as they became typical swedish equipment. Large amounts were also bought from Germany and some were made in Sweden. What you are writing abt. is not a schwedendegen but "kommissvärja" adopted 1685 for infantry. "Kavallerivärja" for cav was slighly longer and adopted at the same time.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
- http://norskevaapen.no/?p=1846

- http://hhogman.se/vapen_blank.htm

The second link is in swedish. Correctly states that Gustav II Adolf imported large quantities of swords from the Netherlands.
These became known as "schwedendegen" as they became typical swedish equipment. Large amounts were also bought from Germany and some were made in Sweden. What you are writing abt. is not a schwedendegen but "kommissvärja" adopted 1685 for infantry. "Kavallerivärja" for cav was slighly longer and adopted at the same time.
Thanks.

In The Army of Gustavus Adolphus (2) Cavalry, page 12 there is a picture about a sword which the book says it's a typical Swedish sword of the TYW. The hilt type is not a Schwedendegen with beads on the hilt, like the ones in your first link. ID: Skokloster 12342
There is another one on the same page, an officer sword, ID: Livrustkammaren 10/23. The next page contains other, different officer swords.

However I found a Schwedendegen on the Swedish digitaltmuseum form our era. It proves it was known in Sweden at least. https://digitaltmuseum.se/011024416109/varja
Norwegian digitaltmuseum contains far more swords but that museum is not Swedish.

I know the site on your second link, but it doesn't add much to this question. What GA ordered in the 1620s doesn't prove what the army used in the 1650s.
They might have used the earlier version with S shaped quillons or the one with beads on hilt or both, or something else. If I ever want to make any of these I want to be sure. Or to be more realistic, I'd like having enough info for an educated guess.

qmv4bezlnr9jsbqt2l9u.png

Hi,
I'm quite impressed how many people download and play the mod despite WFAS is an old game.
Just to let you know the bugfixer is updated. Experimental version is updated as well. Some of you already downloaded it from the forum but others might have missed it. It contains the Pafnuty fix.

There will be some little changes after 1-2 weeks which won't be savegame compatible.
Swedish Lifeguard Pikemen will get into the base game because its harder to handle much difference. Those who play the experimental patch met them already. There will be 2 placeholder items in the game for new Swedish sword and saber. Probably they will come with the schwedendegen hilt but more info is needed before I start modeling their proper hilt. If it takes month, no problem. Those who has professional knowledge may contact me to help decide a best guess for the period Swedish swords. Professional means who practices with 17th century swords or has access to museum pieces.
I also will assimilate the bugfixer into the main file because still 40% don't download the bugfixer and meet bugs resolved long ago.

Good gaming!

Hi Csatàdi,

look at this:

- https://digitaltmuseum.se/021026952558/varja.

Swedish cavalry sword abt. 1650 actually made in Sweden(Vira Bruk).

And this:

- https://www.bukowskis.com/sv/lots/1146544-varja-svensk-1660-tal.

And this:

- https://web.archive.org/web/20090511043456/http://www.sfhm.se/templates/pages/ArmeObjectListPage____306.aspx?epslanguage=EN

Unfortunately the last link lacks pictures of värja m. 1653 which would be of most interest to you. But... Here it is:

- https://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/record/2064105/Museu_ProvidedCHO_Livrustkammaren_48524.html

It`s the one to the left, it is damaged, the point broken off but I think the grip is most important for modelling.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Yes, actually I found these more realistic for mass production rather than the hilt with beans. Which doesn't mean much, the Scots used quite a complex hilt for their swords.

Вы продолжаете делать мод? Будет здорово если вы сделаете больше карту добавив такие населенные пункты как Астрахань,Казань,Кагальницкий городок,Черный яр,Царицын,Качалинский городок,Паншин городок,так же хочется увидеть новых солдат у Донских Казаков и Запорожских Казаков,новую одежду,доспехи,Казанских и Астраханских Татар,,возможность играть за Независимое Войско Донское

Вы продолжаете делать мод? Будет здорово, если вы сделаете больше карт добавив такие населенные пункты как Астрахань, Казань, Кагальницкий городок, Черный Яр, Царицын, Качалинский городок, Паньшин городок, просто хотите увидеть новых воинов из донских казаков и запорожских казаков, новую одежду, доспехи казанских и астраханских татар, возможность играть за самостоятельную армию Дона

Továbbra is mod-ot készít? Nagy lesz, ha több térképet hozzá olyan települések, mint Astrakhan, Kazan, Kagalnitsky város, Fekete Yar, Tsaritsyn, Kachalinsky város, Panshin város, csak szeretné látni az új katonák a Don Kozákok és Zaporozhye kozákok, új ruhák, Páncél, Kazan és Astrakhan Tatars, a lehetőséget, hogy játsszon a független hadsereg a Don

Back
Top Bottom