For those who have trouble obtaining Charms!

Users who are viewing this thread

sictek

Recruit
I believe that I have solved the problem that some people are having in not getting charms from the Bear Clan Leaders and Army of the Dead, and perhaps even the trophies.  I too could not seem to get any of the charms excepting the Battle trophy which seems to be the most common.  Whenever I defeated an Army of the Dead or Bear Clan the amount of loot filled the entire loot stash with no charms to be found.  After mulling this over I concluded that the problem was a result of my use of the battle sizer.  Having a battle size over 100 probably was not tested with the charm drop system and therefore those large battles created too much loot to account for an empty slot for the charm.  After setting the size to 100 and facing an Army of the Dead I found the charm I had been seeking for so long.  In subsequent battles I also acquired several Epic and War trophies which I had not found even after many large scale battles.  I haven't tested yet on the Bear Clan so I do not know whether the enormous size of their army will fill up the loot stash screen, but will update as soon as I can ascertain the validity of my theory.

Bottom line:  If you can't find the charms or trophies, try setting your battle size to 100 or less.

I tested my theory out with a Migrating Bear Clan army of 600ish and unfortunately did not get the charm I was looking for.  Are all Migrating Bear Clan armies this huge?  If you have had different luck with these armies could you please share the details of your acquisition of the Charm of Fear?

Finally got the charm after ensuring the Leaders were knocked out and proceeding to whittle away the Bear Clan numbers down to ~35 and retreating only to re-engage the smaller army.  Perhaps the Looting skill level also factors in, but I can't say for sure.  Regardless, I would have to conclude that the chance of getting a charm is directly related to the army size.

I confirm this, because I also use the battle sizer, and I do not get an trophy. Reducing the battle sizer amount worked for me. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom