Wanted Men and their colorful crimes

Users who are viewing this thread

I just hunted down a man named Isaiah Ketchum: wanted for livestock theft. Could this be an obscure pokémon reference, or am I reading way too into this?  :lol:

I'm really curious as to just how many criminals and crimes (trimming the hedges of many small villages?) have been put into the game. I think it's a great addition, and much more logical and satisfying to hunt down a criminal for a town rather than get the quest from a lord (à la vanilla M&B).

Anyone have any interesting stories of bounty hunting?

crypto dentist said:
Wanted Dead or Alive: Ninian Pickett. Wanted for rape, murder, arson, and rape.

Huh?
Maybe somebody raped him,so he decided to rape the rapist and torch his house where the rapist died! :lol:

crypto dentist said:
I just hunted down a man named Isaiah Ketchum: wanted for livestock theft. Could this be an obscure pokémon reference, or am I reading way too into this?  :lol:

I'm really curious as to just how many criminals and crimes (trimming the hedges of many small villages?) have been put into the game. I think it's a great addition, and much more logical and satisfying to hunt down a criminal for a town rather than get the quest from a lord (à la vanilla M&B).

Anyone have any interesting stories of bounty hunting?
ketchum wasn't an obscure name back then.

One of the people I hunted down was "Wanted Dead or Alive for chewing gum in line". So I shot him...  :lol:

Someone was wanted for "Murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, arson, rape"  :grin:

Made the game freeze  :evil:

crypto dentist said:

Huh?

From Blazing Saddles, like Rock Ridge.

Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?
Applicant: Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Applicant: I like rape.

Feanaro said:
crypto dentist said:

Huh?

From Blazing Saddles, like Rock Ridge.

Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?
Applicant: Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Applicant: I like rape.

I see, I see. Haven't gotten around to watching Blazing Saddles, I must admit. By the way, I like your numerous references to Electric Six.

You really, really should watch the film. It's utterly hilarious. There are several references to the movie scattered through 1866, including the Bartholomew NPC, who is based on the main character of Blazing Saddles.

As for the Electric Six references, yes, I love me some ES. That surprises some people, because I tend to listen to weird, "snobby" music but I like Electric Six's stupidity. They are upfront about being dumb on purpose; I think the singer said 90% or more of their songs were about "absolutely nothing." I can dig.

crypto dentist said:

You are reading too into it.  The names are built dynamically from a list of first names, last names, and nick names.  We just stumbled onto a match for something in the pokemon universe.  It could have easily been "George Washington", had both those names been in the list.

Back
Top Bottom